Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Well I didn't die
  • dannybgoode

As per an earlier post I went out riding with some people that actually know what they’re doing – single track downhilly thing on which I was convinced I would die but thankfully I didn’t.

but bloody hell this off road going quick pointing downward is hard work when you’ve no idea what you’re doing! Watching these guys fly down, leap out of bombholes etc and there was me – perched on the lip of a not really very steep drop absolutely sh1tting myself!

Had a few goes on a reasonably easy bit and feel a bit more confident but think its going to take a while till I lose the nerves a bit!

Cheers

Danny B

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Good that you didn’t die! Gives me hope! Been riding for 7 years, been on 3 alps trips, but still s**t myself on a regular basis!

jamj1974

Nice one Dannybgoode!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tuskaloosa
    Free Member

good going I felt like that the first time I went out.. came back with a huge grin and was hooked… now i’m the nut in the group that likes to throw myself off drops and jumps…

dannybgoode

Thanks all

I did enjoy it when I finally relaxed enough and let her roll but then got that ‘the bike’s getting away from me feeling’ and bailed the rest of the run. All good practice though.

Looking at booking on to a basic skills course up at Greno Woods and then riding there at least twice a week…

Cheers

Danny B

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Dan – yeah get yourself on a bike skills class and it will pay for itself when you hit the trails nxt…have fun remember it’s not abt the miles but the smiles! (I’m not much of a XC guy ..)

patriotpro
    Free Member

I did enjoy it when I finally relaxed enough and let her roll but then got that ‘the bike’s getting away from me feeling’

This is what it’s all about! Walking (riding) the tightrope of control. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Well I didn't die’ is closed to new replies.