Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Well done Orange….
  • oliwb
    Free Member

There always seems to be lots of flogging of bad companies on here….not having a go, just stating the fact!

So I thought I should share some of my positive experience of Orange Bikes today.

I have an Alpine 160 (the third orange in the fleet of three in my shed). I have had various friendly e-mails backwards and forwards today about getting it re-sprayed. Due to some very slight corrosion I asked whether they might consider offering a discount. I was very happy to get an e-mail back, very quickly, from Dale in their CS department. He advised that yes they could do it and would offer a discount by way of recompense for the corrosion. Not once did I get any guff about having to go through bike shop that supplied, warranty cards etc etc etc. It was a simple ‘hey, no problem send it down!’.

At the same time a work mate next door was also e-mailing Dale for some technical info on how to remove the shock from a Blood – not as simple as anything else before anyone says anything. Anyway, again rapid response with easy to follow instructions. We got it changed out at lunch time and Dale even followed it up with how did you get on.

I can honestly say that with the notable exception of my excellent LBS (Cycle Highlands – Ballater) I’ve never had such brilliant service in the bike industry. I’m so chuffed and it has totally re-affirmed me as an Orange owner and rider (probably) for life.

Well done guys!
    Oli.

roverpig

Nice one Orange.

Can I ask where you bought the bike from and whether you managed to arrange a demo? It looks though the closest Orange dealer for those of us in Aberdeenshire is in Inverness, but I’m not sure if they do demo’s.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Its nice to have a bike company that actually answers emails / facebook messages etc.

Take note Nukeproof/Ragley/Curtis etc

matt_outandabout

I too only have good things to say about Orange warranty dept – really quick and seem to want to help.
    Shame the ST4 died a death of poor design and not-up-to-the-job strength 🙁

woody2000

Orange have just replaced my mates out of warranty (just) 5 frame with a brand new one, and replaced all the bits that weren’t compatible with new ones too FOC (headset, seatpost etc). He’d sent it to Orange for a respray and when they’d stripped it they found a crack. Jammy git 🙂

oliwb
    Free Member

Bought it without a demo. There used to be that place in Arbroath but I believe they’ve gone belly-up?

Mines an 18″ and fits me fine – can organise a sit on it if that’s what you’re looking at. I wish Rich at Ballater would take on the dealership but I think he’s pretty full with Santa-Cruz, Cove, Rocky-Mountain, Felt, GT etc etc etc….!

Half the reason for me sending it off is that I’m planning my first alps trip this summer and wanted Orange to give it the all clear before I go! Would rather find out now than halfway down a red run!

wl
    Free Member

Aye, top folk at Orange. Easy to get hold of, quick to help out in any way they can, and always very friendly and fair. Other brands take note.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

There used to be that place in Arbroath but I believe they’ve gone belly-up?

R.I.P. Cycleworld, Arbroath.

cardo

Good to hear that Oli.. thanks for posting something positive about Orange bikes mate. 🙂

tonyd

Nice to hear good reports, well done OP and Orange.

Roverpig – call the nearest dealer and ask them. My local dealer only had one (too large) demo bike when I was shopping so they rang Orange. The following weekend there was a nice shiny demo model in my size waiting for me.

roverpig

Thanks oliwb. It was actually the Gyro that I was (vaguely) interested in trying. No hurry though.

Cheers,

Andy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Well done Orange….’ is closed to new replies.