Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Well done Bull
  • iolo
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

Someone should train the bull to attack properly so I can see guts pouring out from the bullfighter …

JAG

Doctors said the bull’s horn sank 25cm (10in) into Paquirri’s groin

Oooooouuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 😯

Serves him bloody glad – miserable ‘sport’ for miserable little men 👿

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Ah great, another thread where people seem to take pleasure in seeing another human serious hurt. You’re no better than the bull fighter in taking joy from the situation.

chewkw
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member

Ah great, another thread where people seem to take pleasure in seeing another human serious hurt. You’re no better than the bull fighter in taking joy from the situation.

Ya, coz it’s an uneven fight with the bull being stabbed near it’s spine first then asked to fight to the death … why don’t they stab the bullfighter as well so to level the “playing” ground? Eh?

choppersquad
    Free Member

If someone’s sole purpose in life is to dish out suffering and death to an innocent creature, then damn right I’ll take pleasure in seeing them badly hurt!
    Another case of it not really being a level playing field again.

mikey74
    Free Member

If someone’s sole purpose in life is to dish out suffering and death to an innocent creature, then damn right I’ll take pleasure in seeing them badly hurt!
    Another case of it not really being a level playing field again.

+ 1000

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Why? You’re problem is that the human is able to kill the bull, but when it happens the other way around it’s fine and you enjoy it? Double standards by the sound of it.

martinhutch

It’s excellent for the ‘sport’. The risk of death and dismemberment is an integral part of bullfighting. Without it, you just work in a particularly flamboyant and cruel abbattoir.

choppersquad
    Free Member

My problem is that the bull is put in an arena by heartless humans to die for their amusement.
    It doesn’t just wander in there looking for a fight.

iolo
    Free Member

Why? You’re problem is that the human is able to kill the bull, but when it happens the other way around it’s fine and you enjoy it? Double standards by the sound of it.

If a load of Bulls paid money to see a brightly dressed bull torturing and ultimately killing men, I would agree with your sentiment.
    The man got hurt by a bull fighting for it’s life. Well done bull.

rene59
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDzWyhXonMU[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Ah great, another thread where people seem to take pleasure in seeing another human serious hurt.

Yep, brilliant. 25cm into the groin. Good work bull. Although probably it’s final act of defiance before it was inhumanely destroyed eh?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

+ another.

zippykona

How much sympathy would I get after being gored if I jumped over the fence into a field with a big angry bull and then proceeded to antagonise it while my mates watched?
    Not a lot .

tpbiker
    Free Member

&

Did you miss the part where the Bull didn’t actually get the choice to be in the ring in the first place…?

fool…

pedropete

Currently in Huesca for the festivals (definitely not for the bullfighting). Have to say I find bullfighting pretty abhorrent & there was a significant anti protest outside the bullring, which seems to have some momentum throughout Spain.
    The torero has a heavily pregnant wife, so hope the guy pulls through ok.
    I’m sure he & his family et al are well aware of the risks.
    The bull obviously doesn’t have a choice, however these bulls are bred specifically for bullfighting, so wouldn’t even have any kind of life before their brutal death, were it not for bullfighting. Not sure that makes it any better? Is any kind of existence better than no kind of existence at all? Probably IMO…

RobHilton
    Free Member

The bull obviously doesn’t have a choice, however these bulls are bred specifically for bullfighting, so wouldn’t even have any kind of life before their brutal death, were it not for bullfighting. Not sure that makes it any better? Is any kind of existence better than no kind of existence at all? Probably IMO…

If we bred humans specifically to be slaves would that be alright? They wouldn’t have existed otherwise…

zippykona

Does the bull get eaten?

pedropete

The bull gets eaten.
    Some would say many humans are already bred to be slaves.

theotherjonv

Have agonized over writing this, and would appreciate not being flamed for it ‘just because’.

I went to Las Ventas more than 20 years ago and saw the bullfight. I was in Madrid visiting friends who convinced me to go. I stood outside with ticket in hand for ages before actually going in, but it was going to happen anyway, and ultimately I rationalised that making a judgement based on knowing rather than perception was a decision worth taking.

Unfortunately your perceptions are correct. It was a brutal thing to see. On both sides. Clearly no civilised society should allow this to happen for any reason, let alone in the name of entertainment. On the other hand, the skill and bravery of the matadors and the banderillos is breathtaking. These bulls are bred and trained for fighting and the toreador confronts death or serious injury head on every day. I don’t condone the event, but I absolute salute their courage, and while i see the point of view that if they didn’t do it they wouldn’t get gored, I take no satisfaction in fathers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters being seriously injured or killed as a result. Yes, it’s part of the job but they are still people.

If they could keep the spectacle but remove the violence it would be something that i’d urge anyone to go and see. The venue is stunning, the event on a late sunday afternoon is culturally so significant, everyone out in their fineries to see and be seen, the costumes and choreography is amazing, the sheer size and speed and power of the bulls in contrast to a skinny man in ballet pumps…… so much about it was brilliant yet ultimately it is so utterly, utterly wrong.

Like i started – please don’t flame me. i made a decision 20+ years ago, and as a result i KNOW why it has no place in a civilised world, and i would never go again nor recommend anyone else go. Do i regret going? Very tough to answer; yes of course i regret seeing the death of 6 animals in the name of sport, but in an odd way I’m glad to have seen it once. And i can’t take it back now anyway, so there it is.

lunge

theotherjonv, a post based on real world experience that is well thought out and holds a reasoned opinion on a controversial event? It’s a very good post but I can’t see it catching on here…

pedropete

Well said theotherjohnv.
    I went once only to a bullfight, here in Huesca & echo your views. I actually felt that a large number of the audience, those that were not ” aficionados” we’re pretty disrespectful of what was going on in front of them, both from the bulls & the toreros perspective, as they seemed more interested in drinking & throwing food around.
    Las Ventas in Madrid is stunning, only been there to see Primal Scream & Red Hot Chilli Peppers though.

zippykona

So the bull gets eaten.
    That adds a different angle to it.
    As a beef eater should I now cheer if an abattoir worker gets gored?
    I may have changed my opinion.

JAG

The death of an animal (human, cow etc…) is not a big deal. Many die every second in this world.

My issue with this, and with the death of Cecil the Lion, is that one animal dies for the pleasure of another animal.

This is wrong and we, as a society, should not allow animals that enjoy killing for pleasure to kill for pleasure and claim it as sport.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

one animal dies for the pleasure of another animal.

You mean like the yummy pig that died for my breakfasting pleasure? (Locally sourced happy pigs by the way! )

RobHilton
    Free Member

My issue with this, and with the death of Cecil the Lion, is that one animal dies for the pleasure of another animal

Which gives rise to the vegan argument that we eat animals for pleasure, rather than necessity

DezB
    Free Member

Would bullfighting be such big entertainment if it wasn’t dangerous?
    Surely this just shows that the danger is real, so those who enjoy it will enjoy it all the more.
    I’m sure the gored matador will be back to stick plenty of swords into more bulls. And probably will be a bigger star on his return.

JAG

We do not eat for pleasure – eating is a necessity.

I accept that some people get pleasure from eating but that is not the primary purpose of eating.

What we eat is a choice we all make. At the moment a vast majority choose to eat meat as it is the easiest/most effective way to get those nutrients.

We choose to kill animals as it is, currently, the most efficient way to get meat.

No-one should kill because it gives them pleasure.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, I too like to post crap excuses about pigs dying for my enjoyment to justify my sympathy for cruel sports.

(But I ensure those reading know they were “happy” pigs.)

salad_dodger

I see your stalker is out again CaptainFlasheart. No floors to lay DD?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😯 Oooh…I’ve got one too. 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    RobHilton
    Free Member

We do not eat for pleasure

I accept that some people get pleasure from eating

Which one is it?

At the moment a vast majority choose to eat don’t consider not eating meat

easiest/most effective way to get those nutrients

It’s a really inefficient, expensive and wasteful way to make dinner.

What we eat is a choice we all make mostly down to the society we live in

No-one should kill because it gives them pleasure

Why not? Is this what our society says?

toys19
    Free Member

Be the change you want to see. If you do not want to see animals harmed then its a double standard to celebrate a human being harmed, for whatever reason.
    What you are advocating is an eye for an eye, which as we all know would lead to all of us being blind.

DezB
    Free Member

If you do not want to see animals harmed then its a double standard to celebrate a human being harmed, for whatever reason.

That’s just your opinion. Some of us disagree.

toys19
    Free Member

Well its illogical, either you are against pain and suffering or you are not.
    Its like the death penalty.
    moralist: Killing is wrong, we will kill you if you kill.
    rationalist: Duh? So Killing is ok then?
    moralist: No its wrong. Unless we decide it its not wrong..

wrecker
    Free Member

Can’t really compare the acts of a human killing/cruelly treating an animal for a laugh to a bull just being a bull though can we?
    Matey thought that the risk to him was worth the enjoyment he’d gain from it and it didn’t work out for him. Unlucky.

toys19
    Free Member

Indeed unlucky, the bull was just doing what comes naturally. But it is morally and logically deficient to celebrate the bullfighters pain and suffering if you think him causing pain and suffering to the bull is wrong.
    It might feel emotionally good to those who cannot control their own emotions, but that does not make it right.

wrecker
    Free Member

It might not be right.
    I just read about 6 tiger poachers being killed in Bangladesh. I’m pretty happy about that. Maybe it makes me a bad person/hypocrite/whatever. I don’t give much of a ****.
    The odd douchbag getting killed once in a while hopefully serves as a half decent deterrent.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Well done Bull’ is closed to new replies.