Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Well done Annie Last!
  • willej

Annie Last wins the Elite women’s XC at Lenzerheide. Good effort!

First British lady to win a UCI world cup XC race for over 20 years? Wonder how much mainstream news coverage she’ll get?

Northwind

These spy shots show that she was definitely cheating, with a bike that’s not compliant with UCI rules

cp

Amazing! Fantastic result!!

speedstar

Brilliant stuff! This better make the BBC!

rOcKeTdOg

Annie Last First?

MoreCashThanDash

Local girl does good!

Is her brother still road racing?

bainbrge

Don’t think so, he presents on GCN!

nairnster
    Free Member

I had no idea the last British woman to win an xc world cup was Caroline Alexander.

Bet this doesnt get a mention outside the cycling press.

jamj1974

Great stuff. We have some fantastic athletes in MTB and yet so little awareness.

bowglie

Good stuff! Used to see her out & about on her training rides – she certainly puts the effort in.

RustyMac

According to pink bike, Evie Richards also finished 3rd in the U23 Women category.

P20

Superb!

jonnyrockymountain

Quality ride from Annie, I was really shocked what was happening, she rode a really good ride both physical, technical.

nairnster
    Free Member

I did think it was getting a bit like cyclocross at some points though with discounting and running in several places by several riders.

Yak

Properly awesome ride. Top stuff.

Trimix
    Free Member

So, Last comes First having worked her way up from Tenth.

Great racing. Perhaps the rooty slightly moist techy track helped. It did look like the UK in those woods. Plus there weren’t those massive long climbs like there were in the previous race.

AlexSimon

Really impressive!
    I have good memories of being lapped by Caroline Alexander in the early nineties 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wonder how much mainstream news coverage she’ll get?

TBH I’m a little surprised it’s even on the front page of the British Cycling website given apparent lack of enthusiasm for XC, let alone being covered by mainstream media.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Well done Annie Last!’ is closed to new replies.