Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Well after 25+ years of cycling past dogs it finally happened…
  • ajantom

…got bitten by one of the buggers.

Bloody dog walker – had at least 8 or 9 (I’m sure that must be over some sort of legal limit!) One of the ones that was ahead of her started growling and then nipped me on the ankle. Me shouting **** off loudly at it had the rest of the pack growling at me. She saunters over and clips a lead on the offending animal.

Bloody dog walker ‘Oh I’m sorry I didn’t see you’
    Me ‘one of your dogs bit me’
    BDW ‘It’s not my dog’
    Me ‘well one of the dogs you’re walking, it should be on a lead. Can I have your name, so I can follow this up?’
    BDW ‘No, I don’t have to do that’
    Me – losing it a bit at this point – ‘Well you need to effing keep your dogs under control, or not walk dogs that are going to bite people.’
    BDW ‘….’ ignores me and keeps on walking.

Rant over 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Where abouts was this?

I keep seeing a huge pack of dogs on the Budleigh/Exmouth sustrans…

allfankledup

A man walks in the park and sees a man with a dog sitting on a bench. “Does your dog bite?”, asks the first man. “No” The man proceeds to pet the dog, but the dog bites him. “I thought you said your dog didn’t bite?!”, he says quite angry. “This is not my dog.”

i like that one…

I managed not to kick a dog in the head yesterday whilst 10miles from home. Stopped to chat to the owner and it turns out he knows my better half….

perchypanther
    Free Member

stevied
    Free Member

Contact all the “dog walkers” in your area and ask them if they can walk your dog. If this one turns up you’ll know their name…

binners

ferrals
    Free Member

Me ‘well one of the dogs you’re walking, it should be on a lead. Can I have your name, so I can follow this up?’
    BDW ‘No, I don’t have to do that’

Actually I’m pretty sure she should have done as she would/could be held liable, if for example, you get an infection from it and you foot falls off.

Get a tetanus shot if you haven’t had one.

ajantom

Yunki, It was up on Woodbury. On the Budleigh side near the reservoir.

I’m going to go on a facebook trawl, and if I find her spam her account to hell.

Also I’ve just checked on the East Devon District Council site, and she’s breaking the bylaws, as they state a max of 6 dogs per walker.
    If I bump into her again I’ll inform her of this, take her photo, and then as suggested above, hoof her in the slats.

ajantom

Actually I’m pretty sure she should have done as she would/could be held liable, if for example, you get an infection from it and you foot falls off.

Get a tetanus shot if you haven’t had one.

Luckily I was wearing thick Sealskins, so no puncture wounds. It was a fair old nip on the achilles area though. Felt it through the thick socks!

maxray
    Free Member

lol you would expect to feel a dog bite through thick socks!

Had to laugh when we were walking up Worcestershire Beacon the other weekend. A dalmatian roaming free ahead of his owner decided to get in the face of my 4yr old boy.

Before I had time to intervene “Shoo Dog!” THWACK on its head with the stick he was carrying. I think the dog was as shocked as me. 🙂

dvatcmark
    Free Member

In had this before and the police were not interested unless the dogs teeth had penetrated my skin.

Saccades
    Free Member

A long time ago I used to be a paperboy, and the last house on my main paper round had an Alsatian that hated newspapers and probably me – I used to put the paper in the postbox next to the door but the dog could see me through the door windows and it would go nuts

One day I cycled up the drive, waved to the owners who were packing their car to go on holiday, dropped the bmx onto the ground and then realised the Alsatian was racing towards me through the open front door. Slightly panicked I stood against the garden wall and wrapped the newspaper bag around me arse – I’m not sure why, only protection I could think of. Anyways, blasted dog shoved its nose up underneath the bag from behind and gave me a right nip about an inch below the crown jewels.

It was then dragged off, owners apologised and I bravely cycled home. I was bleeding slightly and a lot of brusing, got my mum (retired theatre nurse) to have a look and we headed off to hospital.

Cunningly (or so I thought) I put a pair of shortish shorts on and a t-shirt so the wound could be inspected easily and the needle placed in my arm with neary a bother.

:picard: We jumped the queue of people waiting to die as my mum knew all the staff and the doctor inspected the wound and said I needed a tetanus and a dressing but that it would be fine and called a nurse to administer the doings. Oh, I should point out I was 15.

A young student nurse arrived that looked like the ideal 15 year old boys fantasy, who wanted a good look at the wound (had to drop shorts :blush: ) and then I had to drop me kecks so she could ram the tetanus needle in my arse.

All in front of my mum.

kcal

Got bitten (puncture wounds either side of my calf) by a mental collie some years back.
    Woman “in charge” was really uncooperative, but we took picture of the dog, the owner and hobbled back into town – my mate phoned the police to report it in, and there was a PC waiting at A&E. Statement given, went to local magistrates court where she pleaded guilty at last minute, offered £100 and claimed it never had harmed anyone before.

1/ Gave cash to the SSPCA
    2/ Mate was subsequently bitten at same location by possibly the same dog
    3/ Neither dog (there were two) is there any more…

project
    Free Member

Sometimes dogs bite, humans, and sometimes its a child, always report the matter and take pictures of the dogs and owner, and if possible folow them to their car, strange how few doggers actually walk their dog from home to shit, on somebody elses road or park/verge.

drlex
    Free Member

With that kind of response, I’d follow them back to their vehicle & then with the registration, fill in a V888 to get the owner’s details.

parkesie
    Free Member

Been bitten a couple of times on the bike last time resulted in me dropping the bike hoofing it in the head and chasing the thing yelping back to the car it had just ran out from. Owner shit himself dog shit and pissed in the car. I didnt see the funny side until id calmed down a few hours later.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Follow dog walker to there car and get reg as above… Take photo of said dog, and walker.
    Report to police before the little shit bites a child..

Or as its not the walkers dog…they shouldn’t mind if you stave its head in with a large stick…

ajantom

I actually think I’ve found her on Facebook. Think it’s her, but she had sunnies and a beanie on, so tricky to be 100% sure. I don’t want to start giving her crap if it’s not!

I should have taken a photo, or followed her. But do you know what? It was lovely out today, and I was having a nice ride! Life’s too short to hold a grudge, and if she’s walking bitey dogs maybe one will bite her eventually. Karma and all that.

bensales
    Free Member

In my local park, the local cycling club got together with the council and funded a dedicated wheeled sports track. It’s great. Proper lighting, decent 1km circuit with some hills and a proper start finish straight.

And seems to be solely used by people to walk their dogs off leads.

I was continuing teaching my son to ride there this weekend and the amount of people who took offence at me telling them to f off to the rest of the huge park to walk their dogs was far too excessive. But I’ll continue to do it.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It’s not my dog is an excuse that lots of these dog walkers use

She will also let it bite others

Go get the bombers from the shed

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Might not be her dog but I think as she’s in control of it the Dangerous Dogs Act applies to her.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I get dogs running along barking, but they’re not angry, just over-excited. I tend to slow down for dogs mainly so that they don’t get their nose/ears chopped off if they run into the spokes !

I only get bothered if dogs are scaring my kids. I had to punch one in the nose once (probably a silly thing to do) and fortunately it ran away !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Well after 25+ years of cycling past dogs it finally happened…’ is closed to new replies.