Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Weldtite tubless repair kits
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve been carting one of these kits around with me since converting to tubeless and so far not needed to use it. I thought I’d best get familiar with it BEFORE the inevitable happens, ie at the Dyfi on sunday.

How easy is it?
    Are there any videos online?

scaled
    Free Member

The instructions pretty much cover it.

It takes quite a lot if force to get the worm through the hole so just be sure not to push your last half a worm all the way through in the to tyre. :$

Kahurangi

Dead easy and yes, I’ve done what scaled said (push the entire worm through). The hardest bit is threading the worm through the needle.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Dead easy: I reckon I’ve got it down to about a minute, most of which is opening the seat-pack – assuming I don’t push right through and have to repeat…

They don’t work out cheap though – almost a quid a worm in these parts, so I’m interested to know whether anybody has a ghetto solution, such as shaving pieces off car-worms or using very thin strips of old inner-tube (no old inner tubes handy, otherwise I would have done already).

hamishthecat
    Free Member

You can buy the ‘worms’ on Ebay in bulk very cheaply. Sorry, I don’t have a link but one of my riding mates bought a vast quantity for about £3. Think it might be under wheelbarrow tyre tubeless repairs or something like that. Was exactly the same product.

BTW, you can also cut each one in half and it still works fine – you just have to be a bit more careful when pushing it through.

Edit: Beaten to it! 🙂

scaredypants

I bought some strips from ebay too (SOmerset comm, as per bolt’s link)

They look identical to the original ones, though haven’t used them yet

I cut my originals in half, too but I now have a lifetime supply so leaving at 4″ (I bought 12″ strips and thirded them)

*wanders off to look for vulcanising soultion*

Kahurangi

They don’t work out cheap though – almost a quid a worm in these parts, so I’m interested to know whether anybody has a ghetto solution, such as shaving pieces off car-worms or using very thin strips of old inner-tube (no old inner tubes handy, otherwise I would have done already).

I tried a panaracer kit, which used a sheet of rubber stuff, which you cut strips from. It wasn’t anywhere near as good as the sticky worms – I threw most of it away after too many repairs failed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Weldtite tubless repair kits’ is closed to new replies.