Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Welding Titanium?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

Daft questions maybe, but:

a) Is it easy enough to find someone to do it?
    b) How expensive?

Ta

taxi25
    Free Member

A.no
    B.very

Amos
    Free Member

Depends what area required welding really, if you can mail me more details I MAY be able to help

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

No different than welding steel or ally or stainless. Find a good quality fabrication company in your area that use tig welding systems. They will need to order ti welding rods and will need to know what type of ti you have to be welded.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

Thought you needed to weld it in an inert environment, i.e. if it’s a frame, you need a glovebox big enough to fit a frame inside – which I wouldn’t have thought was a run-of-the-mill pice of equipment?

neilb67
    Free Member

I think you can weld titanium in open air but I think you need to purge the back of the weld to stop the weld drawing contaminates through from the back. Normally plug all the tubes and then feed Argon gas into the frame.

taxi25
    Free Member

No different than welding steel or ally or stainless. Find a good quality fabrication company in your area that use tig welding systems. They will need to order ti welding rods and will need to know what type of ti you have to be welded.

Maybe up your neck of the woods. But down here you’ve got no chance. Even if they have the skills now comany I know in S.Wales is prepared to order up rods etc to weld up a bycicle frame. 🙁

neilb67
    Free Member

I know 2 places that we use that weld titanium. Both fabriacte parts for F1 teams so if you need anything doing then email me. Midlands based.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Welding Titanium?’ is closed to new replies.