Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • weird things you do, even though they're weird
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Mrs Toast –
    I used to do a little rhyme under my breath whenever I saw a lone magpie, after 25 or so years of doing it Mr Toast mocked me so relentlessly I stopped. So far I haven’t experienced any chronically bad luck…so far.
    I also chew paper, another habit I’ve had since I was a kid (although I was worse in my teens, actually used to swallow, would get through entire sheets of A4 in a day). I tend to idly rip little bits out of notebooks, and chomp away.

😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

i count as i stomp on the pedals when riding up hills, dont like to get over 10 so i’ll repeat the number one for a while, then change to two, realise i’m still not as far up the hill as i want to be and stick with two.. and so on until i reach the top at 9.

never takes me more than 10 pedal turns to climb hills, i’m an amazing cyclist 😆

goon
    Free Member

I can not stop saying words or phrases backwards in my head. Started when I was about 6 and an adult told me what my name was backwards, and they mispronounced it. I corrected them and haven’t stopped since. I even have my own rules of pronunciation for certain letter combinations in reverse.

Similarly, I obsessively make my own version of spoonerisms where rather than two elements of words being swapped, all similar elements must be transposed. ie, All Os must be swapped with all Es in a word or sentence.

An example – the sign for Leek New Road reads Look Now Read in my head. (That’s one of my all time favourites and caused me to shout out loud in excitement in the car when I discovered it 😳 )

I have a notebook for the more pleasing ones…. 😳

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I stir hot drinks clockwise then one stir anti-clockwise. I tried to break the habit but felt I had to go and do the anti bit.

Xylene
    Free Member

Right, that’s enough poo wiping comparison thanks, some of us are trying to eat, OK?

Why would you relate the discussion of poo to your food?

I’ve seen videos of people who do it for fun and it worries me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

When drinking coffee (or another hot beverage) from one of those paper cups (think Starbucks, etc), the hole in the plastic lid must be exactly opposite the seam of the cup

aracer
    Free Member

To make it more exciting I sometimes close my eyes and see how far I dare walk before opening them again.
    I have also done it whilst driving.

Don’t try it whilst cycling!

boblo
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    <snip> just jealous because I can pull off being rich without being despised

Who on earth told you that? 🙂

Brycey
    Free Member

iDave’s original point about the TV presenter that isn’t speaking is a beauty and one I’ve always enjoyed. Christine Bleakley is the undisputed champion of it.

racefaceec90

it would be easier to say what i do normally 😀 i wave at horses in fields,talk to myself (a lot/yes i know i’m mad 😉 always have to salute magpies (even if i nearly crash in doing so 🙂 e.t.c

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I stim. If I’m sitting in a squeaky chair, it’s a bit annoying.

brakes
    Free Member

I remembered another one…
    when I’m getting ready for work, I’m inevitably late so in order to speed things up I segment the routine into 10 second time trials e.g. 10 seconds to put my shirt on, 10 seconds to button it up, 10 seconds to put my trousers on, 10 seconds to put my belt on, etc. obviously some things take longer than 10 seconds, some things less so you are allowed rollovers and rollunders (?), there are things that you can do to make up time.
    getting dressed is dull

LadyGresley
    Free Member

You know those signs that appear in some places, “Say No to Pylons”?
    I now cannot see a pylon without saying “No” to it.

racefaceec90

buzz-lightyear had to look up what stim meant.i do it too (no i don’t mean that 😉

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m in the speak to animals camp. Distressingly I will get distressed at a lone horse stood ‘staring’ into the distance. I might even call it ‘horsey’. And there was a pig I used to talk to as I passed by it…

I also have a compunction if I have to cross a road to cross to the other side as soon as practically possible. I just have to.

I am also distressed when someone doesn’t neatly cut the butter off from one end (definitely not scraped from the side like a PSYCHO) and then (even worse) not properly fold up the wrapping as it was neatly.

And I also bit off (or cut off) my fingernails and chew them. For days… Whats all that about then, eh?

Squidlord
    Free Member

I improvise songs and sing them to the dog. I can think of nothing more relaxing.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

When I’m out cycling I try to impersonate farm animals when they bleet, moo, oink or whatever to see what they do.

lunge

I spin things in my hands, like a very average cocktail barman. After too many years of doing this I don’t drop many thing, but I do drop some.

I am often told by my GF I am a “spinny freak”.

yossarian
    Free Member

I also chew paper, another habit I’ve had since I was a kid (although I was worse in my teens, actually used to swallow, would get through entire sheets of A4 in a day). I tend to idly rip little bits out of notebooks, and chomp away.

Yep, another paper-eater over here. I particularly like the corners of pages in old paperbacks that have ‘crisped up’ a bit.

I also like closing my eyes when on my bike and trying to imagine I’m travelling backwards.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Try and stop people getting the 100th post.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I sing stupid songs to my dog too. Usually to really naff songs. Favourites at the moments seem to be to the theme tune to Rupert the Bear, she’ll be coming round the mountain and the theme to Scooby Doo.

When I leave the house I have to kiss each animal goodbye with 3 sets of 9 kisses with one for luck. I find that quite weird. 😯

Cutlery has to face all the same way in it’s drawer. Really bugs me if it doesn’t, and I have a constant battle with Mrs MM about which way up the mugs have to be in the cupboard. I’m always rim up and she’s rim down.

I also have conversations with myself. It’s worse if someone annoys me when I’m out as I then have an imaginary argument with them. I always win though. 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

So not just me with the car radio in multiples of 5 then. See Redwoods, I’m not mad!

When a lift says “Please mind the doors”, I always reply “I don’t mind them at all”.

Or when I see a sign that says “These doors are alarmed”, I always shout “Boo…they are now”

Or, when I saw a sign at a tip that said “skip here”. I stopped the van, got out and started prancing around in that space. The wife thought I was barking.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I use my knife & fork in the wrong hands for a right handed person, this has baffled and still amuses my mother-in-law from the very day i first ate a meal at their hose, saying that they keep an animal indoors and treat it like a child. How bloody weird is that!

Another apparently weird eating thing is that I eat the food on my plate in an certain order, it’s not always the same but I’ll never mix meat & veg in one forkful.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Yep, another paper-eater over here. I particularly like the corners of pages in old paperbacks that have ‘crisped up’ a bit.

*High Five*

I tend to prefer note paper and the like. I had to buy a new notebook because I’d nommed my way through August to December in my work 2011 diary. 😐

Another apparently weird eating thing is that I eat the food on my plate in an certain order, it’s not always the same but I’ll never mix meat & veg in one forkful.

Same here, it’s normally meat, then veg, then potatoes. Also applies to packed lunches – sandwiches first, then crisps, then any sweet stuff. That can be blamed on the dinner ladies at my primary school though, you had to eat lunch in that order or fear their wrath!

barbus
    Free Member

I have to line-up the H & C on taps.
    Broken a few doing it too such is my obsession.

Also I avoid driving on cats eyes when changing lanes on dual carriageways. Its got to the point now where its getting dangerous, Particularly at junctions as they are closely spaced around those.

I also count steps while walking, cant stop it. Often loose count which really upsets me.

iDave
    Free Member

weirdos

lunge

Also applies to packed lunches – sandwiches first, then crisps, then any sweet stuff

Is this concidered wierd? I thought this was normal!

GrahamS

I like to use my arse sweat to crisp up the corners of pages in old paperbacks…

yossarian
    Free Member

😯

wwaswas

yet another reason why I tend not to borrow library books.

That and the fact that the person before me always seems to have used a rasher of bacon as a bookmark judging by the fat stains.

GrahamS

That isn’t fat.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

That and the fact that the person before me always seems to have used a rasher of bacon as a bookmark judging by the fat stains.

It’s not a fat stain..

wwaswas

both of you?

Together?

DrJ

Doesn’t everyone?

Notter
    Free Member

When drinking coffee (or another hot beverage) from one of those paper cups (think Starbucks, etc), the hole in the plastic lid must be exactly opposite the seam of the cup

+1…..and I didn’t even think this was weird!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is eating one thing at a time on your plate weird? I’ve always done that. Never thought to mention it.

When cleaning a bike with a ht2 bottom bracket I have to spray the hose through the open end of the axle.

emsz
    Free Member

Note to self

Take library books back tomorrow

derek_starship
    Free Member

When I was at secondary school in the 80s, me and a mate learned to sing Adam and the Ant’s Stand and Deliver backwards. As in “dnats dna reviled…” etc. Every so often I have a quick go. Still got it after 30 years!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Still got it after 30 years!

I think you can get treatment for it nowadays, Starbelly. At least an emollient ointment. 😐

I respond to computers, ‘phones and devices that beep or make odd little noises. ‘Bli-blong!’ ‘Pilup’! ‘Ee-hoo!”. Stuff like that. 😳

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I swear at sheep when on really long bike trips. Proper swearing. I normally really quite like sheep in a non sexual way.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘weird things you do, even though they're weird’ is closed to new replies.