Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Weird skills
  • anagallis_arvensis

I can identify most grass species in the uk from just the vegetative parts…well I could..bit out of practise now.

deadkenny
    Free Member

greatbeardedone – Member 
    Making my eyeballs vibrate.
    (How the hell did I learn to do that?)

Same here. Been able to do it since fairly young and no idea how I discovered I could. Often freaked out family/friends. 😀

Only later on watching the 70s (and best) version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers did I discover someone else could do it (Brooke Adams)

I can do rotating like this but also a rapid side to side vibrate.

Not sure it counts as a skill though, but is weird.

Pook

I have basic shorthand

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

If juggling is sufficiently weird for this thread, then I’ll topper you – I can juggle whilst riding a unicycle. Badly, but then I can only juggle badly even when not riding.

India Kilo November Oscar Whisky Tango Hotel Echo Papa Hotel Oscar November Echo Tango India Charlie Alpha Lima Papa Hotel Alpha Bravo Echo Tango

Cougar

So do I. Is knowledge / memory a skill, exactly? Dunno if that counts.

I can recite the alphabet backwards, and pronounce it as a single word. I can also recite it in QWERTY order.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I have basic shorthand

As did Jeremy Beadle

enfht
    Free Member

I can hypnotise flies then squash them with my finger. Blue bottles are easiest, the stupid bastards. Do I win a prize?

Northwind

Pook – Member

I have basic shorthand

Mods, can we move this to the Trump thread?

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I used to have a mate that could fit 50 pence worth of 2p coins in to his foreskin…….not that it’s a talent as such……Or particularly useful…..nor was anyone willing to compete……not with the same coins, at least

TheDTs
    Free Member

I used to have a mate that could fit 50 pence worth of 2p coins in to his foreskin……

What a B£ll £nd!

stu170
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    So do I. Is knowledge / memory a skill, exactly? Dunno if that counts.

I can recite the alphabet backwards, and pronounce it as a single word. I can also recite it in QWERTY order.
    I weirdly learnt it backward before the correct way, and can still recite it quicker backwards rather than forwards.

vickypea
    Free Member

I can make loud bird noises, much to my family’s annoyance 😀

honeybadgerx

While being stuck on the west coast of Ireland for three months doing my undergrad dissertation project, my mate and I started speaking backwards to each other to the point where it became fluent. Can still slip into it now and then 10 years later….

garage-dweller

I can consistently use the left hand lane on a motorway when not overtaking…

While…

Driving a German car.

Cougar

I started speaking backwards to each other to the point where it became fluent.

Doogy rev.

breadcrumb

I can roll my belly. Everyone used to get freaked out by it but I wasn’t sure why until I looked in the mirror one day!

It makes my stomach churn.

Cougar

Get out.

honeybadgerx

Oom swoc gnidnats pu was a favourite.

seadog101

I can blush on command.

welshfarmer

Everything I say is a lie

breadcrumb

Cougar – Moderator
    Get out

I had a gut feeling that would happen.

Sorry.

TiRed

I can write mirror image handwriting backwards. My financial Signature has therefore always been a mirror image of my normal one. I can also undo a bra through almost unlimited layers of clothing with my non dominant hand in an instant. But we won’t go there!

ajantom

I can pop my ears – loud enough for a room of people to hear.

In the same way you would hook your finger in your cheek and pop it, I can do this with my ears.

I appear to have extra large openings that make this possible (I can insert my little finger to the first knuckle in the ear hole – which I suppose is a weird skill in itself!)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I had a mate who claimed he could teach anyone to juggle, I’m the exception.
    I can visualise flow of people/materials/stuff – yep that is me mentally rearranging the airport/supermarket queues in my head while I wait.
    I managed to devine for water.

neilthewheel

When I was a kid, if I held my nose and blew with my mouth shut, the air escaped through my eye. I seem to have lost that talent now.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Weird skills’ is closed to new replies.