Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Weird restlessness
  • camo16
    Free Member

So, for the last three or four months I’ve felt this weird feeling of restlessness. It’s both physical and mental and occurs almost all day and much of the night. I’m having trouble concentrating at work and can’t settle at pretty much anything (although I think I’m getting away with it at the moment). Still, a single misplaced comment from a colleague nurtures almost uncontrollable internal rage. It doesn’t help that I’m convinced my boss is an imbecile.

Anyone else felt constantly restless? And, if so, what cured it?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Make an appointment with your gp.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to get your end away!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I think the solution is known as “gentlemen’s relaxation”.

McHamish
    Free Member

Book a holiday.

camo16
    Free Member

Book a holiday.

You know, that’s not a bad idea. More expensive than gent’s relaxation, though, but less concerning than an appointment with my gp. Cheers all.

thepurist

If cheekyboys suggestion doesn’t make a difference I’d agree with cyclistm – chat with your GP.

camo16
    Free Member

chat with your GP

Hmm… wouldn’t be my first choice, but you may be right.

* Sighs and puts Michael Douglas’ Falling Down fatigues back in wardrobe. *

jock-muttley

just as a thought camo… what’s your caffine intake?

Sounds daft but you can build up a caffine intolerance if you drink too much, your symptoms sound similar (ish) to mine.

The incoherent internal rage is just a symptom of age I’m afraid, the condition is called idiot intolerance and is coupled to a low threshold of workplace bullshit. Can only be cured by beating the offender to a bloody pulp with a baseball or cricket bat.

camo16
    Free Member

just as a thought camo… what’s your caffine intake?

Pretty high, although I don’t keep count. 😳

The incoherent internal rage is just a symptom of age I’m afraid, the condition is called idiot intolerance and is coupled to a low threshold of workplace bullshit. Can only be cured by beating the offender to a bloody pulp with a baseball or cricket bat.

This is the single most sensible 😀 thing I’ve seen on STW today!

I’m thinking about a career change – but I can’t even concentrate on writing a personal statement for a job I’m interested in… that’s how bad things have got in the last couple of months.

I’m way too…

… when I’d like to be like…

jock-muttley

Camo … knock the coffee, tea and coke on the head then its a bitch I know but 🙁

drink decaff if you have to.. and start drinking a LOT of water or juice (the diluting stuff) try for about 500 – 750mm / hour. This purges your system and keeps you well hydrated (stops headaches etc).

You can have the odd proper coffee but caffine is best avoided for about 12 months. I have suffered twice from this and currently going though it again.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

You’ll get headaches coming off the caffine by the way, but you will feel the better for it after about 3 days.
    Boredom or stress can leave you feeling restless too, you mentioned that you were thinking about a change of job, it sounds to me like it might be a good idea.

camo16
    Free Member

I’ll definitely try to kick the caffeine. That’s plan 1.

Boredom or stress can leave you feeling restless too, you mentioned that you were thinking about a change of job, it sounds to me like it might be a good idea.

Yeah, I’m desperate to get out of this joint. Job’s going nowhere and is woefully paid. Boss undermines all the efforts I’ve made to work hard to achieve financial security by book flights to Namibia etc for personal ego-trips, so he looks important next to people there he wants to impress.

I don’t even know why I’m still here. If I didn’t have a family, I’d be long gone.

Thanks for the help and advice, guys.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Weird restlessness’ is closed to new replies.