• This topic has 63 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jeffc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Weird medical 'events'
  • SaxonRider

Last night, I got this weird little pain in my right thigh that had gone by the time I woke up this morning. It was neither dull nor sharp, yet it was quite distinct – affecting an area about the size of a 50p piece. There seemed to be no reason for it; it simlpy started when I was going up the stairs to bed, and (as I say) disappeared by the time I woke up this morning.

This is not new; it is something I am sure I have experienced before in other parts of my legs. I sometimes imagine that it is something like DVT, but know that it probably isn’t.

That said, does anyone know what it is?

Does anyone else get weird physical ailments that mystify them, but that have come and gone over the course of their lives?

allthegear
    Free Member

After some non-leg-related surgery, I developed a numbness in the outer thigh of my right leg. It’s slowly returning feeling but was pretty much completely nub for a year or so. Meralgia paraesthetica apparently. Properly weird feeling.

Rachel

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sometimes my shins start sweating although the rest of my legs and body are still cool

qwerty
    Free Member

😯

voiplondon
    Free Member

On this site, the bar for ‘weird medical’ was set extremely high by Mr. Blu-tone.

I’m expecting better reports as the evening progresses.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My elbows ache when I sneeze.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thrice, I’ve passed-out when taking a leak. Damn near smashed my teeth in the last time.

woody2000

I dislocated (well, subluxed) the little toe on my right foot whilst emptying the dishwasher. I have no idea how. One moment it was fine, the next it was displaced and absolute chuffing agony.

v8ninety

Cotton budding my ears makes me cough; not really a ‘medical event’ but slightly odd nonetheless…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh man, yeah, the right one for me. The left one feels good, so good. Mmmm, like that, yeah, deeper…

*cough*

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Spontaneous partially collapsed lung, happened again 10 days later. 8 weeks inflated now. Weird.

stumpy01

Arse cramp, when your butt cramps up. Why?! What is going on?

v8ninety

Rhbrhb; are you somewhat tall and slender, male, and between the age of 25 and 45? It always seems to be that group that experiences the old spontaneous pneumothorax phenomenon.

chewkw
    Free Member

You were pinched by a ghost. 😛

rhbrhb
    Free Member

V8ninety yup.

tinribz
    Free Member

For seemingly no reason one evening apart from watching a very disturbing film started sweating really profusely, absolutely dripping for ten minutes or so. Was a few years back, never happened again.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Long haul flights. It starts like a headache, then a feeling of extreme sickness, then I start sweating from head to toe, until I am absolutely drenched. By his stage I physically cannot move. Then I begin to lose consciousness for short periods and then after perhaps 30 minutes, as suddenly as it started, it is gone. Takes a couple of days to recover from the extreme fatigue afterwards.

Has happened to me perhaps 15 times during more than 100 long haul flights over 15 years.

globalti
    Free Member

For the last six or seven years I’ve been getting brief occlusions a few times an hour in the vision in my left eye, always in the same place and always with a little twitch of a feeling. It lasts about half a second and is like a camera flash going off in the distance in negative. No optician or doctor has been able to explain it though somebody thought it was vascular and suggested I took junior aspirin and it went away for six months.

scaredypants

Thrice, I’ve passed-out when taking a leak. Damn near smashed my teeth in the last time.

you know that’s an actual thing ? micturition syncope. Worth chatting to your doc as there may be a treatable underlying “thing”. Also def worth getting into a habit of sitty-downy pissing, especially if you’ve got up from your bed

shooterman

I had my gallbladder removed last week. Top of my right foot is numb still.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Weird symptoms can lead you down the path of impending doom, especially after reading things on the nets. Then the panic manifests as more symptoms and next thing you know you’re turning up at A&E only to be told to bog off as there’s nothing wrong with you.

If you’re no longer a spring chicken 😉 these weird things keep cropping up, but it’s mostly just age and stuff you’ve not experienced before.

pictonroad

That weird muscle cramp locking thing in the neck if you yawn wrong, absolutely agony for 10 seconds, anyone else get that?

singlespeedstu

picton.
    I get that but it’s more in the middle/underneath my chin.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep to cleaning ears = coughing.

Also, if I rub just above my forehead – kinda directly north of an eye just into hairline – hard with one finger, I get an itch on my crown! 😕

maxray
    Free Member

Yes pictonroad! I get that biting into large burgers, like jaw cramp!?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My wife and youngest boy both cough with cotton buds / ear thermometers. Freaks!

I painted the living room the other day. I woke up several times in the night with my arms, from the elbows down, feeling really warm and a little tingly.

theotherjonv

Sometimes when I’ve just done something vaguely efforty with my legs – like walking up steps or a steepish slope – my knees get cold, as if I’d iced them. Then they tingle, not quite pins and needles but similar. Then back to normal. All within about 20 seconds.

Doesn’t happen for proper effort stuff like bike riding.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thanks scardypants, I do, but you’re still right. For an unrelated matter I’m currently waiting for 3x blood tests, so let’s hope it was just random, eh?

@stumpy – bum-hole cramp was the worst, after a long coursework session and to much coffee I nearly missed a deadline because I was unable to get off the loo, it was apalling! Biology, eh, who’d have it!

yunki
    Free Member

I apparently trapped a nerve about three weeks back…
    It went from a small almost painless twinge in my shoulder during the day, to unbearable agony by the evening..

The doc has given me shedloads of heavy duty painkillers and said it should sort itself out in a week or two..
    The pain has not decreased, I’ve developed a tolerance to the painkillers so they are not helping any more and I get withdrawal symptoms if I forget to take them…

I’m back off to the doc this arvo cos this is clearly bad shoulder AIDS of the worse possible kind

voiplondon
    Free Member

Singlespeedstu, I get it under the chin too.

Harry_the_Spider

Watching period dramas on a Sunday evening makes my rectum itch.

ononeorange

Weird things happen with age.

I am getting worse for the blacking out thing when I stand up.

Also noticed that when riding my bike uphill I get this odd thing where I find it harder and harder to breathe until I’m really gasping – odd.

DrP

I sometime imagine a poor African villager walking for three days to the nearest medical centre..

“Hallo doctor… I have trekked for three days to visit you..”
    “Ok, what bothers you brother?”
    “This patch of skin here (points to area near the big toe).this patch, it tingle every now and then. But not any more…”
    “Hmm,hmmmm, mmmm… I’m sure it’s nothing…”!

DrP

ThePinkster

Long haul flights. It starts like a headache, then a feeling of extreme sickness, then I start sweating from head to toe, until I am absolutely drenched. By his stage I physically cannot move. Then I begin to lose consciousness for short periods and then after perhaps 30 minutes, as suddenly as it started, it is gone. Takes a couple of days to recover from the extreme fatigue afterwards

That sounds similar to a hypoglycemic attack. Do you eat much before or on the flight? If not it might be worth it.

colournoise

I assumed the earbud cough thing was pretty common. Only happens with my right ear though.

DrP

Pushing my finger into my belly button msgs my anus hurt.
    My son knows this too. He’ll use it against me when we wrestle…. :-/

DrP

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Chest burn when peddling like a nutter?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Pushing my finger into my belly button msgs my anus hurt.

It’s a dark day when predicative text selects textspeak over a real word. 🙁

RustySpanner

I am hairiet on one side of my chest than the other.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Nice one, Hairiet 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Weird medical 'events'’ is closed to new replies.