• This topic has 32 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Weird machine left by guest
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Clearing out loads of stuff at work left by guests and unclaimed for years, found below, that’s a first, beats usual articles of clothing and shoes. Anyone got a use for it?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My dad is on one of those for 16 hours a day……it basically takes the nitrogen out of normal air so enriching it.
    It might have been on loan from the NHS perhaps.

wwaswas

I’d phone their customer help line and ask them to take it back. Pressurised pure oxygen probably shouldn’t be messed with if that’s what it is.

Failing that. Build a bonfire round it and stand well back.

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s an oxygen machine – some bike builders use that instead of a big bottle of oxygen, I might be interested if you want rid of it…

Northwind

Use it to inflate tubeless tyres

nealglover
    Free Member

Cost £800 new.

Worth a few quid if it works I reckon ?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I don’t think there is any oxygen in it – its just removes the nitrogen from normal air so enriching it.

scaredypants

Yeh, oxygen concentrator

can’t imagine someone forgetting one of those – they’re for folk who need one for many hours every day. maybe a guest died while there ?

They’re often supplied by the NHS but I guess it’d have some contact info on if it was

bencooper
    Free Member

I think they also lose efficiency over time – at least the ones I’ve heard of being used by framebuilders are ones that have been decertified for medical use.

woody2000

JAG

ones I’ve heard of being used by framebuilders

What do bike builders use it for?

maxtorque

This is STW, someone will want it to “Boost” their log burning stove!

therevokid
    Free Member

my wife had one … runs pretty much 24/7 … contact
    airliquide they’ll come take it away for you.

moff

Would be perfect for my next frame build, would happily rehouse it if Ben hasn’t been me to it?!

bigyinn
    Free Member

E-bay!

bencooper
    Free Member

What do bike builders use it for?

Saves having an oxygen cylinder – sometimes used with propane, instead of oxyacetylene.

pk13

Spent a very tense 30 odd mins in the company of a chain smoking oap who was hooked up to one of those

CountZero

pk13, later:

redstripe
    Free Member

Stuck it on ebay, untested of course, might raise a few quid for our charity hopefully, cheers for insights

Drac

They belong to air liquide the machines are rented off the company by the NHS. So basically it’s not yours to sell.

ampthill

If that’s an oxygen concentrater that’s working then apparently a hospital in a developing country would love to have it

redstripe
    Free Member

They belong to air liquide the machines are rented off the company by the NHS. So basically it’s not yours to sell

I didn’t realise, will phone the number on it to check out situation

Drac

No problem. I’m sure they’d please to have it back but maybe not as much as the next person who gets it. When it helps them with their COPD, Liver Cancer or something else allowing them to stay at home rather than hospital.

redstripe
    Free Member

Thanks Drac, it is their machine, collecting next week and said it will be serviced and go out to a new person, good ending

Drac

Excellent!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Shame you ignored wwaswas when he posted it yesterday.

chip
    Free Member

I didn’t realise, will phone the number on it to check out situation

Did not realise it was not yours to sell .

Are you still operating under finders keepers losers weepers.

redstripe
    Free Member

^ you’re right, I feel guilty & should have done this first, done the right thing now hopefully and better karma. We do get lots of stuff left which we try and trace ownership to return, store for 6 months minimum and then if no joy recycle or auction to raise funds for the charity if we think it’s worth doing so. Clearing out an old storage area just now and we are coming across lots of other weird and wonderful things like this that have been stored for a lot more than the 6 months, years I suspect. Point taken, lesson learnt etc etc

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Stuck it on ebay, untested of course, might raise a few quid for our charity hopefully

you were hardly a profiteering arse to start with, no harm done and a positive ending.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Spent a very tense 30 odd mins in the company of a chain smoking oap who was hooked up to one of those

my uncle jack smoked through the mask; via a hole!! mental.

andyl
    Free Member

my uncle jack smoked through the mask; via a hole!! mental.

Probably a good way to set your face on fire!

Did you hear about the chinese man who cremated himself by smoking inside a hyperbaric chamber during treatment in a hospital?

Last I heard the family were suing the hospital for allowing him to sneak the lighter and fags into the chamber with him.

Drac

I have many a tale I can tell you about them, some very tragic, only one that was funny but I can’t. 🙂

He could sell the goods if he took reasonable action to find no owner with no luck. He’s done that and they’re collecting it.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Weird machine left by guest’ is closed to new replies.