• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Weird fatigue: What is my body telling me?
  • SaxonRider

For some reason, I was shattered when riding into work this morning, and never quite got over it. Consequently, my ride home 9 hours later was slow and lethargic.

Yesterday, not only had I felt fine, I had a great ride between about 21:00 and 22:30.

I don’t feel sick, and I have not particularly under-eaten, so I am trying to understand why I feel so worn out today. Now that I have finished with the evening’s running the kids about, I was going to head out riding, but Mrs SR has suggested that my body is telling me to just relax tonight.

Is she right, or should I push through? Do others feel this? If so, what do you do?

jimmy

Had the same today but have done a lot in the past few days. Similar on Monday through under eating. Just relax, take a night off.

Edit: I mean stop being soft and get out.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Imminent man flu

scotroutes

I had that once.

It lasted about 5 years 🙂

Hey – sometimes your body just wants a rest.

bearnecessities

At a guess, it’s food. Minor variations can have a surprising effect IME.

Or cat aids, obviously.

avdave2

As any mother would tell you “your coming down with something love”

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Possibly a sign your coming down with something. Couple of days before getting a cold or such like I find the gym / bike harder work than normal when I’m not exhibiting any symptoms.

That, or definitely cat aids

molgrips
    Free Member

Virus. Loads of people having mystery low grade illnesses lately. My wife is currently shattered, I was laid low a few weeks back. There was a thread about it.

Shackleton

Dunno, but if you find out can you let me know? Every ride home this week has felt like I’m towing bricks into a headwind.

I’m hoping it is a recent run of bad sleep and an energy debt in my legs…..

rone

Yep me too. Nothing other than tired and no power.

Had it for a few weeks. Should stop on the bike and take it easy but hey.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yeah – don’t push through mystery virus type feeling down. I did this once when swine fly was going around, really buggered up my riding, had to have 6 months off in the end to recover.

cp

could be anything, just let your body rest, it’s obviously craving it.

shermer75
    Free Member

Go to bed early, wake up feeling awesome tomorrow

manton69

There is currently a pretty nasty virus that starts with massive fatigue which may or may not develop in to a more noticable heavy cold. A local school had 70 kids off with it and local hospital and doctors have reported many cases with a similar presentation. Some people get away with 48 hours of pain killers and lots of rest, others have flue like reactions for a week.

Best of luck. I got away with 48 hours, but the kids were off a bit longer.

molgrips
    Free Member

flue like reactions

You start smoking?

maccruiskeen

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFSxnXsOeyA[/video]

cheekyboy
    Free Member

You are obviously weak and probably dirty as well, you should banish this weakness with pain !
    Burpee yourself to within an inch of death then cleanse yourself and repeat the pain.

vickypea
    Free Member

Listen to your body and take a break 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

Monday – went out for a ride and pushed the bike up easy hills three times within 8 miles. Just felt so drained. Felt drained for days leading up to this. Quite a few folk over the past few weeks have been feeling crap with heavy legs,some are off work too. It could be this virus thing you’ve got.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

It could well be due to the late night ride. It can take the body a long time to settle down after a ride, depending on how vigorous it was. And it’s a new time for you. Might need some time to adjust.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Have you been captured by a bounty hunter and encased in carbonite.Could be hibernation sickness.

NZCol

Same in our house – wife took to her bed last wed night and reappeared on Monday – properly under the weather with flu/viral type thing. I’ve been really dog tired for a week and bit now, not quite unwell but not exactly firing on all cylinders.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Weird fatigue: What is my body telling me?’ is closed to new replies.