Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Weird boiler / hot water problem – any ideas?
  • psychle
    Free Member

My boiler is heating the radiators OK but I have no hot water at any of my taps (as in no water flow at all), any thoughts on what might be the problemo?

Just got back from a week away, switched the boiler back on this morning and had a perfectly fine hot shower, but went to have another just now and discovered this… seems weird to me that there's water getting to the radiators but not anywhere else (though I guess they're on different loops?)

Any ideas STW?

wwaswas

there's a little switch thingy somewhere on a pipe that switches the flow from the boiler to either rads/tank or both (a box about 2x 3inches). They soemtimes get jammed up a bit. Shoudl be a little manual override switch underneath it you can toggle to free it off.

roach

Probably air lock. I've heard you can, if you have a mixer tap in the kitchen, put a towel or your hand over it and force the mains cold water up the hot water spout to force the air up into the tank. Never had to try this though.

roach

there's a little switch thingy somewhere on a pipe that switches the flow from the boiler to either rads/tank or both (a box about 2x 3inches). They soemtimes get jammed up a bit. Shoudl be a little manual override switch underneath it you can toggle to free it off.

That wouldn't stop the flow all together though.

wwaswas

but surely that's exactly what they're for roach?

psychle
    Free Member

OK… sorted (I think!) there was a lever on the bottom of the boiler (an in-line valve I guess?), cycled this a couple of times and the hot water is flowing again… I actually thought this lever was there to reduce the boiler pressure, but obviously not…?

cheers chaps 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Weird boiler / hot water problem – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.