Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Weights or resistance bands
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I want something I can use for short, simple workouts at home, that doesn’t take up too much space.

I was thinking maybe a small set of dumbbells but most of them seem to come with limited weight options.

Any recommendations?

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of dumbbells that can take from 1Kg up to 30Kg possibly more, not sure how that’s limiting?

Resistance bands need something pretty solid to attach to, IME they are more use for physio and secondary muscle groups.

BillOddie

Couple of kettlebells would see you right I would have thought.

You’ve not said what your goals are so it’s a bit hard to say exactly.

mikey74
    Free Member

That’s my experience of resistance bands too.

When I say limiting: I mean the plates they come with.

mikey74
    Free Member

Kettlebells would be dangerous in my living room.

whitestone
    Free Member

Limiting as in the weight or in movement?

Do you want to start again and say *exactly* what you want and what problems you currently have with whatever kit you currently own or have access to?

molgrips
    Free Member

Kettlebells would be dangerous in my living room.

Why?

You don’t drop them.

mikey74
    Free Member

Do you want to start again and say *exactly* what you want and what problems you currently have with whatever kit you currently own or have access to?

Not particularly.

sc-xc

Selectable dumbbells. You can get a set from Powerhouse Fitness for about £300, they take up the space of one pair, but give you a set of 5 – 7.5 – 10 – 12.5 – 15 – 17.5 – 20 – 22.5 – 25 – 27.5 – 30 – 32.5kg weights. This should be enough for most exercises.

If you haven’t got room for a bench, get a Swiss ball instead.

molgrips
    Free Member

£300 for something the only function of which is to have mass is a bit of a rip off really.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TRX bands

twinw4ll
    Free Member

A pull up bar £20 is your best bang for buck,then you have push ups that cost nowt, you could build an impressive physique with variations of pull ups and push ups.
    Throw in some planks, bridges and pistol/shrimp squats and you have the full monty.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Weights or resistance bands’ is closed to new replies.