Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Weight of my wheels ???
  • GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Hi there i was wondering if anyone knows the weight of my wheels.They are off of a Scott genius mc-20.They are the original wheels and have Sun DS-2 rims with DT Swiss hubs and DT Swiss aero bladed spokes.I would like to know the weight as i am going to buy the new Hope Hoops with the DT Swiss 4.2 rims and i would like to know the weight difference as i do not have any digital scales.Many thanks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Try weightweenies to see if its listed there?

njee20
    Free Member

A fair chunk. Is saving weight the primary objective? If so I wouldn’t buy 4.2s, they’re not particularly light!

dobo
    Free Member

well i dont know but at a guess i would say 1700g – 1800g for the pair.

my dt swiss wheels are 1800g with comp spokes and rims maybe a few grams heavier than ds2’s

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

I thought that the new hope sp-xc3 wheels with DT 4.2 rims are pretty light or am i wrong?Is 1709grams including rotors not light.If not what would you reccomend.

househusband

Am bored, so have just put it thru DT Swiss spoke calc; assumed DT Swiss 240 6bolt hubs and DT New Aero spokes.

Front: 950g
    Rear: 1069g

dobo
    Free Member

dt swiss calculator is interesting, didnt know it did weights, thanks.

anyway, not sure what settings house husband used but seemed very heavy for dt240 so had a go myself and came up with the following
    based on rims being 405g, oem 240 6 bolt and new aero spokes

F: 852g
    R: 1062g
    T: 1914g

househusband

dobo; yup, you’re right – I used the ERD as the weight!!! 405g, not 545g…

That’ll learn me about trying to be clever AND drink Stella…

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Thankyou Househusband for the info.That makes me happy as i felt the difference between a set of Mavic crossrides and the Hope/DT swiss wheels and there was quite a differenc and i beleive the crossrides to weigh about 1925g for a set.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

I thought i would add that the hubs are dt swiss “ceruti” hubs and are centre lock and not 6 bolt.

dobo
    Free Member

centerlock are usually lighter than 6 bolt, my dt are centerlock @ 1800g (x1800), so your wheels are likley lighter than whats calculated above

unless someone comes along and says they weighed them then its all a bit of a guess really

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Weight of my wheels ???’ is closed to new replies.