• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Weight Loss……..Advice Please
  • laggingbehindagain
    Free Member

Right then,

No fad diets, what’s the best way to lose a stone (or more)..do not seem to be able to move from 15 stone.

Can anyone recommend a training / diet plan please….??

(please – no, tape up your mouth advice) 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Have a look through this.

titusrider
    Free Member

Eat less or ride more or do both if you really care.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Yeah eat less and exercise more. But really it would help if you asked questions as to what you’re having trouble with and why you’ve never been able to shift the weight.

Also, I’d recommend going over to the MensHealth.co.uk forums, big helpful and knowledgeable bunch over there with lots of people always asking similar questions.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Yeah eat less and exercise more.

and I’d make lifting weights part of that exercise, otherwise you’ll lose weight and it’ll not all be fat, that’s assuming the weight loss you want is fat loss.

miketually
    Free Member

Slimming World Extra Easy. No weighing. Eat lots of proper food, but an easy way to realise how much crap you were eating. Ace breakfasts.

The wife’s doing it properly, but even supplementing it with beer and cake it got me down to 69kg 🙂

Clover

I read Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald. I am not a fan of diets (nor would I say I was an endurance athlete) but there was a lot about when to eat as well as what to eat. I only followed it loosely but lost a stone.

andyh2
    Free Member

Well I’m 9 weeks into (whispers) weight watchers. Ridiculous paying a few quid a week to stand in a queue with lots of others and get weighed. And a bit tedious logging everything I eat. But having stayed at over 14 stone for a couple of years and trying a couple of other approaches (idave and primal blueprint a bit half heartedly) this one seems to be working for me. And the nice lady gives me a silver 7 sticker when I lose 7 pounds!

I’ve promised myself that if I don’t lose weight each week I have to stay for the meeting, which involves hearing what everyone’s been eating for lunch all week and other equally enthralling stuff.

The points counting part is tedious, but I find it helps with making sensible choices. Working so far with 19lbs down and weighing less than I have in about 15 years.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

25 mile round trip to work on the bike is doing it for me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Don’t try to ‘diet’ at the same time as exercising more. Eat more healthily yes, but don’t ‘diet’ as such.

BigJohn

I am lucky because I am finding the iDave diet way easy to adhere to. But I can imagine some people would find it difficult to stop eating fruit & dairy.

I shall have to consider a new forum name.

BigJohn

Don’t try to ‘diet’ at the same time as exercising more

Why not?

donsimon
    Free Member

BigDave? BigEric? BigAlice? 😯
    For fear of creating problems, my initial and rapid fat loss came while I was on an iDavesque lifestyle change quest and I was eating somewhere in the region of 5-7 different portions of fruit.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Might be too faddy for you but this works and you get to eats lots of meat 🙂

Home

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member
    Don’t try to ‘diet’ at the same time as exercising more
    Why not?

Because you are upping the energy you use so you need to eat well too – start a diet and you may find yourself being unable to train properly due to lethargy.

I am not saying carry on eating badly, just eat *well*.

BigJohn

If you start iDaving properly you will feel a lot more energetic and will want to get out on the bike more.

You might feel the cold more and fall asleep earlier for the first few weeks as well.

emsz
    Free Member

no pasta, bread, potatoes, rice. no booze

lots of salad

:mrgreen:

(says the girl with the body image issues, and teeth so sweet it would make a normal person pass out with sugar overload!!)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Weight Loss……..Advice Please’ is closed to new replies.