Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Weight lifting plan and log app
  • toby1

Does anyone have/use a weight training app that has a suggested plan and a log of weights/reps in it?

I’m just getting into lifting regularly (not heavy weights but lighter with high reps) and I’d like an app that allowed me to say today will be a shoulders/back day, tomorrow will be an arms/chest day etc.

Does such a thing, of a sufficient standard exist? By that I mean you don’t want to sling the phone across the room after trying to use the app, for Android?

footflaps

StrongLifts 5×5 Workout Planner (All Done For You)

Don’t use it myself, but know people who do.

sboardman

Fitocracy is pretty good for tracking.

Think its got some basic routines and its easy to make your own online or on Android/iOS device.

Sb

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sadexpunk

I just use an android notepad app. I found proper apps can be too fussy and time consuming. Once you’ve found a routine just jot it down in notepad with the weight/reps you did last time. For me it’s something like …..

Bench press 88kg/11
    Db flys 19kg/11

Etc etc

I only log how many reps I get on first set, as unless you stick to strict timing, the number in the next sets can change. First set will give you a good marker point of how you’re progressing.

Hope that helps. As I say, it’s easier just to update your notepad figures than a dedicated training app, that’s what I find anyway.

dudeofdoom

+1 StrongLifts – Makes it a no brainer tbh…
    (watch his vids for propa form – squats are good but gotta get form right)

Its not a split but you probably wont need it..and
    I wouldn’t be to worried about heavy weights.

Any specific goal for your training?

toby1

Cheers for the feedback all, I dropped out of the online world for the afternoon with a busy period at work followed by Blade Runner final cut at the cinema.

@dudeofdoom, it’s quite a long an not very interesting story, I’m heavy and get heavier when I don’t run. However, running is killing my right foot at the moment which is to do with flexible joints (according to physios) and other weaknesses meaning I run funny. So overall aims would be to improve strength, get fitter and improve my core stability. As a result I’m lifting low weights and the current plan is 3 sets of 12, then up to 15, then up the weight 5 or 10 kilos. I am not looking to ‘get ripped quick’ 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Toby, I’m in exactly the same boat, trying to run but my achilles is like a bow string for days after. I’ve used stronglifts and it’s ideal for what you’re describing, it is high weight low rep though. Great for whole body and core, if you want to target your weight at the same time bolting on some hiit at the end will help, rowing works well.

dannybgoode

Look at bodybuilding.com also. Superb resource for anyone remotely interest in weights and definitely not just for full on bodybuilders.

Has tracking / logging functionality and then you’re not just tied to an app an can access on any internet connected device.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Weight lifting plan and log app’ is closed to new replies.