Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • weight difference of XTR over XT?
  • santac
    Free Member

Hi just wondering if anybody knows (without trawling through the big S website)complete XTR groupset weight and complete XT groupset weight please?

angryratio
    Free Member

A cynic would say its the weight of a large perfectly laid turd.

Oh and Weight Weenies listings?

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

from memory I think its around half a pound or so (discounting wheelsets). I bought a load of XTR stuff a couple of years ago before the prices went bonkers, couldn't justify it now, however its good stuff and is lasting brilliantly. So glad you can put middleburn chainrings onto the M970 cranks as the shimano rings are unjustifiably expensive

Fat-boy-fat

One large bag of chips?

druidh
    Free Member

£1 per gram. Work it out from there.

trail_rat
    Free Member

there isnt much in the pedals. 15 or 20 grams iirc

about 150 grams in the chainsets

no figures but in your hand test on the rear mech and shifters suggests a fair bit ….. where as there doesnt seem to feel that much between the 2 cassettes – 960 ws the last xtr cassette i had though)

front mech is heavier in most guises iirc

mines real light atm by being non existant in a box in the flat

flip
    Free Member

About 1 minutes worth of mud on yer bike.

Move on….

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye no point in buying it for the weight saving ….. but it does shift alot sweeter thn xt – and infinately better than xo tractor shifters – i had a fiesta with a gear linkage held together with zip ties that shifter smoother than srams x series

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I have M770 XT drive train with XT M760 shifters, a few weeks ago I worked out that swaping to XTR would save me about 240g IIRC and that would have cost me about £800!

pinches
    Free Member

240g being just under half a pound

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘weight difference of XTR over XT?’ is closed to new replies.