Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • WeeRide
  • sockpuppet

Looking for the next step in transporting minipuppet mk1 and 2 at the same time: the trailer I’ve been using up to now for school runs and trips to the shops is just too small for them both now (age 5 and 18 months).

We have a trail angel which is great, but doesn’t work at the same time as our rear mounted child seat. Up to now we’ve split one child each when taking both, or used the trailer if either of us is taking both on their own. The five year old is riding well, but there’s still sections of our journeys where it’s not practical for her to ride solo, especially if I have Jnr on the back of my bike.

Wondering about having the trail angel out back with her bike as tagalong, and adding Jnr in a WeeRide. The LOCT doesn’t seem available just now.

Any experiences? Will the kness-out pedalling completely do my nut after all these years of miles and millions of pedal revs?

DT78
    Free Member

Knees out does bug me but I only ride gently for about an hour and my knees naturally come in slightly at the top of the pedal revolution. I bought pedal extenders to help

Stainypants

I did this for a year ir so with trailgator and a weeride worked well. Knees out never bothered me too much.

sockpuppet

Thanks chaps, might give it a try

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Just check your bike has enough exposed tubing above the top tube/below the headset top bearings to clamp. It only fits 1 of my 5 bikes, which also happens to have the shortest top tube. I almost bought a clunker just to take the wee ride…

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

The knees out really bugged me, and eventually became rather uncomfortable (admittedly I have dodgy knees in the first place so it doesn’t take much to aggravate) them. I’ve changed to Hamax which sits further forward and doesn’t interfere with knees so much.

natrix
    Free Member

Will the weeride and tagalong both fit on your bike at the same time?

Neither myself nor my wife could get on with the knees out style needed for a weeride, but some folk find it OK.

What about one in the trailer and one in the rear mounted child seat??

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Buy a fat bike for the weeride, knees out less of an issue with the wide BB…….. 😉

sockpuppet

At last a flimsy excuse good reason for a fat bike!

jonnyboi

Weerides are great for the nipper, they can see more and it’s a more social experience for both of you.

Knees out is a pain but it’s worth it, and when they grow out of it they are dead easy to sell on for decent money

neilc1881
    Free Member

Just done exactly this to take our 4yo and 18 month old. The ute will carry both but a bit unstable for off road stuff. Using a charge cooker 27.5+ the space above the toptube/headache is on the tight side but it goes!
    Thinking of adding a layback seatpost which will help with the knees out issue.
    The youngest loves the seat and the 4yo loves the fact that her little brother isn’t constantly pulling her hair as was happening on the Ute!

andybanks
    Free Member

I loved the weeride but my boy didn’t.

I have one for sale that’s been used 5-10 times max if it’s of interest?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WeeRide’ is closed to new replies.