• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bol.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • weenie disc brake list
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

If, for some Friday reason, you were thinking of compiling a list of lightweight disc brakes, what would it look like?

1. Magura Marta SL

2. Formula R1

??

Keef
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got the mono mini pro’s (gunspoke with all the ti bolts and carbon levers).

Even at 15st I can run 160/140 disks!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the weenie list is okay but I’m more interested in what’s out currently. For example there’s a new Magura MT8 out that is expensive and light

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/disc-brake-systems/product/review-magura-mt8-disc-brake-12-44665/

bomba
    Free Member

Hope Race X2
    Shimano XTR
    TRP Dash
    KCNC

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got magura marta sl and very happy with them. However, I’m saving up for some KCNC X7, they look ‘orrid, but they are very light, black or silver shouldn’t stand out too much. They weigh 512gms a set incl rotors as weighed by Burls and cost £399. The new Magura m8 isn’t far behind, certainly less than 600gms a set, I assume they will be around £500+.

Keef
    Free Member

Avid bb7’s,heavy as ****,but stop me in any conditions with one finger,but then my bike weighs in at a lardy 19.5lbs, an I is a uberniche atentionwhoremonkey………….

thejesmonddingo

Elixir CR Mags.

gee
    Free Member

Hope X2 Race. Awesome brakes and properly built.

GB

bol

Avid xx seem to be fixed for 2011, and you can pick them up (relatively) cheap, because people take them off top-end factory builds because they aren’t made by Hope. Chuffed with mine, and they’re well under 600g a set if I recall.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘weenie disc brake list’ is closed to new replies.