Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Weeks to get over viruses now I'm old and useless.
  • pictonroad

I’m sure when I was a strapping lad in my 20’s that colds used to come and go in a week. Now in my 30’s a virus knocks me out for a month or more. Colds linger on for ages with sore throats and no energy.

I’m going to bed at the same time as my 2 year old at the moment and it takes a monumental effort to get up. Got no energy at all. All from a nasty cold.

Had a virus 2 years ago that knocked the energy out of me for months.

Cat Aids?

footflaps

Cat Aids?

Almost certainly.

Our cats need about 8 hours sleep just to recover from eating a meal!

RobHilton
    Free Member

The old aren’t useless! They can be made into soylent green.

DezB
    Free Member

30s!? 30s??!! Jeez, some people don’t know when they’ve got it good.

rocketman
    Free Member

Now in my 30’s a virus knocks me out for a month or more

You’re toast mate 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

I came down with a cold/flu thing 3 weeks ago, and i still feel crap. i’m just about able to cycle to work again, but i have to stop at the top of every climb to cough up a lung full of filth – y’know that bit in Breaking Bad where Walt coughs so hard he passes out? – that’s me, several times a day.

I’m only 36, but this useless body of mine has decided that it’s time to start falling apart.

(also in need of a new : back + set of teeth + pair of elbows + eyes + ears)

slackalice
    Free Member

Sounds like I’m nearly 20years older than you and this winters’ cold virus has been the first one I can remember to knock me for six and feel crap for so long. I never realised quite how much mucus my body is capable of creating… 😕

So, either the viruses are getting stronger/more virulent or our immune systems, despite the age difference between us are comparable 😉

pictonroad

Decline of the male species. I blame flouride in the water.

or Thatcher.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Weeks to get over viruses now I'm old and useless.’ is closed to new replies.