Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 6.6.11 – 12.6.11 – Rickety bridges.
  • We’ve done bridges once.
    This time it’s a bit different, Rickety Bridges.
    Bonus points for a picture of you riding across something dangerously unsafe.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably.

GRAEMEJONES

Not dangerous as such, but when the log roll part is wet and slippy you can end up looking like a Creature from The Bog of Eternal Stench, and have to drive home with all the car windows open because your mate moans about the smell 😳
    [img]http://http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3103/5809300900_923967733a.jpg[/img]

redthunder
    Free Member

I had to build a rickety bridge for this weeks homework. I suppose I could of taken a shot on the old Severn Bridge but that would of been to easy.

IMG_0674 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_0671-1 by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Untitled-1 by SGMTB, on Flickr

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

@Redthunder: I guess you just got photoshop for that second post;)

Actually the second pic in the first post is better imo.

petetheplumber
    Free Member

slugwash
    Free Member

First POV = unsynchronised rickety bridge/rider self-timer muddle…

Second POV = this bridge is well rickety thus causing extreme camera shake…

Yep, rickety bridges, not to be confused with higgledy-pigggledy stepping stones…

How about Overgrown, flesh shredding, brambley bridleways for next weeks challenge ?

phiiiiil

This used to be a lovely rickety bridge on Cannock Chase, until it got vandalised. 🙁

Lots of branches and logs appeared across the trails around it at around the same time, so it looks like it’s almost certainly the work of the Cannock Chase Stickman…

Rickety Bridge by phiiiiil, on Flickr

Diane
    Free Member

Local pootle on a beautiful day in April

Next weeks theme – wearing big knickers!

Diane
    Free Member

Ooops – just read the rules – after the event as usual.Think I cheated 🙂

OCB
    Free Member

I managed to find a scaffold plank down in the woods, so balanced that over a little stream as a kinda DIY rickety bridge. Not that I managed to actually ride it however… 🙄

I also found a ‘fallen tree as wobbly bridge’ – but took the pussy option of a shoulder carry, given the 6ft fall I’d unquestionably have had from, down it to the stream bed below.

Given that I’m only just up the road in the same bit of unmanaged countryside – I’ll second Slugwash’s “Overgrown, flesh shredding, brambley bridleways” for next week. I can see the perfect track now, 5 minutes along the ridge and it’s blood and plant sap everywhere (hmm, unless it’s been cut it in the last couple of days following complaints from the pony girls). 😯

LabWormy

West end of Wark Bridge over the North Tyne.

On sustrans 68 in Wark Forest.

z1ppy

LabWorm… you used the page URL, not the “photo’s” url (right click the image and copy the address)

LabWormy

Thanks Z1ppy – went and read the help whilst you were typing :-).

smoke
    Free Member

I know, I’m too late for this party. I’m still gonna contribute…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 6.6.11 – 12.6.11 – Rickety bridges.’ is closed to new replies.