Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 12.9.11 – 18.9.11 – Hill tops and View points
  • Nice easy one this week.
    Ride your bike to the top of a hill and take a picture of the scenery.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably

OCB
    Free Member

Let’s hope it’s not too wet n’ windy on Thursday then, or mine’ll be dull!
    (What? duller then usual I hear you ask – yeah yeah, I know …) 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    OCB
    Free Member

What a fantastic day for being up on the ‘Moor …
    This is up on Rippon Tor, not long after the TOB KOM finish on the climb up to Haytor.

Same place, looking pretty much south, over South Hams, and then north up towards Mortenhapmstead / Mid Devon. Needless to say I’m 99.999% certain that this was the only Singular at the KOM finish, and probably one of only a tiny handful of steel bikes up there too. 🙄

crispybacon
    Free Member

I had a very cheeky after work bimble up to Kit Hill the second highest place in Cornwall after Brown Willy – Yes, the highest place in Cornwall really is called Brown Willy 🙂

Anyway at 334m high with a stack festooned with mobile phone antenas here is Kit Hill

[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/6150957610_45e17219bf_b.jpg[/img]

The view looking East towards Dartmoor, North Hessary Tor with the Tv mast & waves @ OCB

Looking South towards Plymuff along the Tamar valley

Looking West into Cornwall & Caradon Hill TV mast on Bodmin Moor

robnorthcott
    Free Member

I tried to take a couple this week – didn’t quite come out as planned, but what the hell, I’ll post them anyway… One I failed to get the bike in the shot and the others I wasn’t on a bike. Oh well.

Yesterday evening on the way home from work, attempt at self-portrait (while riding) on the top of Peek Hill, looking towards Tavistock and Brent Tor (just visible on the horizon on the far right). Intended to have at least part of the bike in shot, but misjudged the lens angle a tad! There was a bike under me, honest.

TopOfPeekHill by Rob Northcott, on Flickr

The other two were taken on the way to work this morning. Managed to get my cycle in shot this time, but alas it was lacking the requisite wheel count.
    Top of South Hessary Tor:

SouthHessaryTor by Rob Northcott, on Flickr

and top of the track to Burrator (known as the Widowmaker):

Widowmaker by Rob Northcott, on Flickr

Bit of a South-West/Dartmoor bias in this thread at the mo!

@_tom_: Where was your picture taken? Spectacular view.

Now it’s getting dark earlier (boo), what about sunsets/evening pictures for next week? My first pic above was taken on the way home from work yesterday, at around 6:30, and the sky was already pretty orange.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

… or what about macro/detail shots?

Raymond

Nice Kit Hill shots, I’ve spent a fair amount of time up there trying not to fall in mine shafts! Good place to fly a kite as well.

GRAEMEJONES

The greyest, dullest day there has been all week, and I have to take scenic pictures DOH! 😕

Anyway, line of sight between camera and end of handlebar: Reebok Stadium 25 miles, Winter Hill ( Belmont Descent )29 miles.
    Line of sight between camera and stone marker in field to right of front wheel is Scout Moor Wind Farm 35 miles away.

OCB
    Free Member

Waves back @ crispy bacon!
    😉

This was the same session, looking west over the valleys of the Ashburn and the Dart, on to North Hessary Tor, and thence over the Tamar and on towards Brown Willy.

Sunset sounds good for next week.

foxyrider
    Free Member

How about the top of Haytor on the TOB 😉

crispybacon
    Free Member

[cheeky hijack/] Hi Raymond, are you local to Kit Hill? I’m billy-no-mates around here in E.Kernow & could do with a local riding buddy. Email in profile if you want to hook up sometime [/cheeky hijack]

back on topic – I also vote for sunsets as next week’s challenge 🙂

OCB
    Free Member

Nudging it OT again for a bit (sorry) …

@ Foxyrider – Unsurprising coincidence, given the number of people up there taking pictures, but I was taken by the particularly close timing here:

Taken what, half a pedal stroke away from the one of Lars on your blog, but from just up the hill a bit – (Mr white socks and trainers gives it away).

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL OCB – yeah spooky 🙂

speckledbob
    Free Member

Norland by Rob Kane50, on Flickr

Wet and windy this morning

gonetothehills
    Free Member

This afternoon on Wincle Minn, looking WSW to some rain clouds that caught me up later, Bosley Cloud on the left and towards the first hills you to get to in N. Wales.

Thanks for the inspiration though MTQG – I’ve been meaning to ride this hill for yonks and it got me up there this afternoon. Glorious place too. I’ll be back. 🙂

tinribz
    Free Member

This afternoon Bowes to Tanhill. That’s the highest pub in Englandshire dont-cha-know.

slugwash
    Free Member

In the French Alps earlier this week….

_tom_
    Free Member

Where was your picture taken? Spectacular view.

Whistler just next to the Roundhouse Lodge at the very top (well the very top of where you’re allowed to bike). I didn’t ride my bike all the way up though 😆

dadster21
    Free Member

Blue Mountains – Australia

OCB
    Free Member

A bit earlier this evening.

One side of the hill …

… then the other:

_tom_
    Free Member

bonus self-timer pic. Sadly the nice view was covered by mist and clouds on this day.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Swaledale on Saturday – top of High Harker Hill – while not super high it does give a good view of the rain clouds massing at the head of the valley 🙁

Grinton 17-9-11 by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

DeeJay
    Free Member

Western Dales on Sunday – this view would be spoilt by having a bike in the way 😉

Hawes 18-9-11 by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

stgeorge

Frocester Hill looking over to the Severn.

Selsey common towards Severn

z1ppy
    OCB
    Free Member

What are we doing this week?
    Did we decide?

slugwash
    Free Member

Small furry animals????

crispybacon
    Free Member

Slugwash you KILLER running over Peter rabbit 😕

Actually it probably died of fright or laughing after seeing those Mary bars on your bike 😉

h4muf
    Free Member

Long mynd on sunday,just got out of the van!

slugwash
    Free Member

Slugwash you KILLER running over Peter rabbit

Ooops, silly me! I’ve only gone and posted the after photo instead of the before photo 😉

will1
    Free Member

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

terrible phone photo, but was incredibly misty up the pentlands on friday!

redthunder
    Free Member

There aint no hills in South Glos 😉 So we got to build our own 🙂

IMG_1077 by SGMTB, on Flickr

gsp1984
    Free Member

This is the hill next to abbey farm campsite (a crap hole by the way) where we stayed for a weekend at Llandelga, hell of a climb up to that point.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 12.9.11 – 18.9.11 – Hill tops and View points’ is closed to new replies.