Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 10.10.11 – 17.10.11 – Bulldozers and Heavy Plant
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Been missing this thread for a while… Sorry MidlandTQ felt we should fill in.

Bulldozer and Heavy Plant

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably

Weekly photo challenge. 10.10.11 – 17.10.11 – Hill tops and View points

Pickers

Erm is that bulldozers or hilltops?
    Or bulldozers on hilltops? Or from hilltops?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Pickers – Member
    Erm is that bulldozers or hilltops?
    Or bulldozers on hilltops? Or from hilltops?

If it’s bulldozers &/or/on hilltops it’s a shame it starts until tomorrow as this was my bulldozer on top of a hill today. 🙄

October 9th – Hill Top Fog by Johnclimber, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

Defo Bulldozers. Just a poor cun&paste performance.

Bunnyhop

What’s happened to MidlandstrailquestGraham?
    Has he flounced?

redthunder
    Free Member

this thread looks like a ded un’

PePPeR

Bugger better get my bike out and take it up the farm tomorrow 🙂

We have a Hoooge collection of Caterpillar and Allis Chalmers Bulldozers around!

tthew

Ok, my bike’s not in shot and it wasn’t taken this week, but I thought you’d like to see this Moules Harvester anyway.

edit – will try for some forestry machinery tomorrow at Llandegla.

PePPeR

Right just so it isn’t totally bare, here’s a couple of ours including our Fowler!

Here is the Fowler on our trailer with our Zed!

And here it is just after being switched off.

This was used to lift the Ariels at Rugby Ariel Station.

If you’ve ever listened to the Pips on BBC Radio, or telephoned the speaking clock then this Fowler was the tool used to lift the 800ft ariels into the air.

redthunder
    Free Member

Bulldozer in the background.

IMG_2613 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Perhaps this type of thread doesn’t really need the bike in it rule. Nice if you can but who really cares.

PePPeR

I’ve been too busy, I was going to drag one of our Challengers out of the shed today and put the bike against it, but I really haven’t had time!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

PePPeR you seem to have a very interesting collection. More details and photos please!

Have you just got the one Fowler, or a pair (it is a ploughing engine isn’t it?)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Shouldn’t there be your bike in these pictures? not just random machines or have the rules changed?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sod everything else, we need a thread just for Pepper’s Ploughing Engine!!

iain1775
    Free Member

If you’ve ever listened to the Pips on BBC Radio, or telephoned the speaking clock then this Fowler was the tool used to lift the 800ft ariels into the air.

Although neither are transmitted from rugby, it was used for an atomic clock but all the tall stuff was dismantled several years ago

PePPeR

Although neither are transmitted from rugby, it was used for an atomic clock but all the tall stuff was dismantled several years ago

I’m only going from what we’ve been told, and all the tall stuff has gone hence why we now own the Fowler. 😉

Here’s a picture of a few ploughing engines.

and here’s the road loco with my boy and dog taking lunch in front of it, not quite a bike, but hey ho!

PePPeR

JohnClimber – Member
    Shouldn’t there be your bike in these pictures? not just random machines or have the rules changed?

Sorry John, but no one had posted any pictures up at all, so I thought we’d at least get a picture of a bulldozer into the thread.

Gravy
    Free Member

No bike in this one, but the operator (me) is an avid rider.

bob_summers

Heavy plant, earlier today. IGMC…

Gravy
    Free Member

Heavy things that lift heavy things.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 10.10.11 – 17.10.11 – Bulldozers and Heavy Plant’ is closed to new replies.