Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Weekly Mileage
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Calling all fit types!

What is your weekly mileage?

Would be good if you can detail what is 'on' and what is 'off' road too. Add on running too if you like.

I need some incentive to find more time to ride 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

about 50-60 miles all mtb, but most off road and some on road to get to the off road

nothing this week though since sunday as i have had an awful stomach bug 🙁 cant even get out today, will start again next week now 🙁

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Commute about 15 miles a day weekdays on a rigid. Ride about 20-30 miles most but not every weekend offroad/mtb on a hardtail.

radoggair
    Free Member

generally – 250 road, 70 mtb. This increases/decreases depending on shifts/weather. Now summers coming it will deffo be on the increase

tails
    Free Member

Roughly 100 miles a week though mainly commute. Probably a bit under that if I where to do the math.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Not fit, but commute is about a 100 miles a week on road, offroad whenever is usually a thirty mile ride on a Saturday with 20 miles of road to get to it.

Realistically you need to do a load more than that to actually be fast.

nickc

Queue lots and lots of 'ambitious' keyboard mileages…

crazy-legs

Queue lots and lots of 'ambitious' keyboard mileages…

It's OK, Smee/Glupton/TrollingTosser isn't around any more to post his outlandish claims of more miles than pro roadies…

😉

All my miles at the moment are road & track based, I haven't been off-road in ages!
    35 miles a day commuting (usually 4 days a week) plus about 60 miles a week of track cycling. Usually only the one ride at weekends, anything from 40-80 miles on the road.

So somewhere in the region of 200 depending on number of days commuting and length of weekend ride.

devs
    Free Member

70-100 miles all offroad and mostly solo night rides at the moment.

Travis

200 miles weekly for commute, use CX bike with CX tyres, and panniers.

Every other weekend, do around 80 mile on MTB, which about 40miles is off road (with around 2000m of climbing in it)

I'll be increasing mine as the nights get lighter as well…

RDL-82
    Free Member

35ish on road commute and 20-40ish off road depending on work/commitments although not at the minute as i am wasted 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

50 -100 miles a week – rarely less than 50 rarely more than 100 Half and half commuting and offroad

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

80 a week, all off road. Probably around 150 or more during the summer and lighter evenings.

trail_rat
    Free Member

"Realistically you need to do a load more than that to actually be fast"

says who ? there does come a point where milage is just wasted …

dave buchanans training for the 24hr worlds i read in a mag interview – he has chris eatough coaching him – doesnt do more than 15 hours a week iirc

for the record i do about 200 miles a week – most of it short rides at high intensity – commute is 6 miles but done at 27mph every other day on my fixie and cruising in the other days. do the shopping onthe bike , go to the pub and my mates on the bike – i do very little "training" on the bike tbh

Also go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and do core workouts and about 10k a week in the pool

druidh
    Free Member

I started using SportTracks this year, just to see how far I was riding. I only managed 320km in February (mostly on account of the weather), but I'm up to 595km so far for March. Oh and over 5,000m of ascent. That's all mostly road, either commuting or 3-4 hr runs. I ain't been doing much off-road due to a dicky shoulder (it's me age).

tazzymtb

at the moment when f**kin work doesn't get in the way:
    approx 30-50 on the single speed off road (night rides)
    approx 20-40 on the gearie – quick blast in the mountains at the weekend
    approx 60-80 on the turbo trainer with rick kiddle and Vicky pendleton (it's worth being a masochist at 6 in the morning because there's nothing better than sitting in office all bright and chirpy with legs like bambi :D)

actiondan
    Free Member

Weekly commute 120 miles on a hybrid + weekend riding of about 20-30 miles off-road mix between HT & FS.

actiondan
    Free Member

Forgot to mention switched hybrid to a SS about 2 months ago!

mooman
    Free Member

Why not be an even bigger nerd/geek and put down heart rate numbers, cadence, elevation, max speed, average speed … etc. 🙄

crikey
    Free Member

100-200 miles on the road, 3-5 hours off road.
    I would like to get a few 250-300 road weeks done before doing more off road, but life keeps getting in the way…

finbar
    Free Member

80-130 miles, all road, split over two or three rides.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Don't know about weekly milages but i have done 601mi since 1st Jan 2010 excluding 11 days in feb with man flu 🙁

I increase my monthly total target by 50 miles each month.

Jan – 200mi target
    Feb – 200mi target
    Mar – 250mi target
    Apr – 300mi target…

Most of my riding is off road, cos my commute is only 3mi each way and i commute maybe once every 2 weeks if that…

Hopefully i will be fit enought for the trans wales 🙂

blaggers
    Free Member

10 miles a week if I'm lucky, I keep finding life gets in the way!

Junkyard
    Free Member

been a fairly rubbish few mths with the trials and tribulations of life but ususally
    50-100 roadie miles commuting at anything from plod to so fast I want to puke at the end.
    SS 3-5 hours a week 85% off road 1 to 2 rides
    MTB usually once at weekend all day of I am lucky.
    Average probably 100-150 miles? Done as much as 300 and that really hurt. Aiming for 750 -1000 mile months from April time though.. As you can see by my precise distance measures and computer /internet based programmes I take this way too serious

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Wow, wow and more bloomin wow. 😯

I can't believe you guys have the time to get that many miles in. Wish I did! I'm lucky if I can get 50 miles in in a week.

Another question, if anyone fancies answering – how much meterage do you get through in that time? Is the riding pretty flat, or is it killer hills/mix of both?

I find it hard to get the miles in in Malvern sometimes as it's pretty steep – yesterday we did a 13 mile blast and ended up with nr 850 meter of climbing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Commuting really helps as little time penalty as takes same amount of time as car more or less and you can do it gentle or fast as you wish.

Sandwich

28 Mile return trip commute 3 days a week when I am rid of the cold, mostly off-road/tow path mileage. Hope to get some road miles in when not working or running!

aikon
    Free Member

1x 30 minute spin class
    1x 30-50 mile road ride on a singlespeed
    10-30 miles running a week
    2-6 miles swimming
    Anything else I can fit in, this week a 30 mile offroader, last week 20 miles of commuting

alwyn
    Free Member

140-240 miles, depending on whether I ride Saturday and Sunday or if I am racing.

Travis

it's the commuting that keeps my miles up, I could either sit in traffic for the same amount of time I can ride to work.
    And I feel better for it as well. Doesn't make me faster, but it is making me thinner 😀
    Or I can enjoy a beer at the weekend, and not worry about my waist

radoggair
    Free Member

Another question, if anyone fancies answering – how much meterage do you get through in that time? Is the riding pretty flat, or is it killer hills/mix of both?

All i know that on my daily commute i head down hill for 6 miles, straight for 1 mile then climb for 6 miles. Meterage is easy,average decending, easy climb followed by a f*ck off climb then a great descent (40mph+). Back, f*cking f*ck off climb followed by a great descent (40mph+) followed by a goodish climb. This is all wind dependant of course

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

Commuting really helps as little time penalty as takes same amount of time as car more or less and you can do it gentle or fast as you wish.

Yeah, I'd love to commute, but it's just not possible with my job as I always have to have kit (ladders etc) with with me for work.

I don't have a regular enough routine to be able to give an accurate average figure.
    Last year, I did at least 4000km, so that's 80km a week. September was my best month with at least 765km.
    I don't record all my rides, so I can't be any more specific than that.
    All on a mountain bike and about 90% off road.

Also at least 100km of running. So that's 2km a week. 😳

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Weekly Mileage’ is closed to new replies.