Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Weekending Riding plans and Pics
  • jekkyl

Local tonight for me, doing a generally non-tech bridleways and lanes ride (+pub stop) with a mate and then lucky me we have the mother-in-law over for the night on Saturday and that means I can hot foot it out of there to Cannock, potentially, or a big local ride with no driving early doors on Sunday.
    Where you off for this first weekend of September? 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

7am doorstep ride around Strouds fine valleys with a buddy 🙂

Yak

Switching back to ss for the autumn/winter and upcoming endurance races. But this means bleeding brakes, new freehub bearings, new tyres, new rear light….aaaargh!

(rode ss last night – the above became apparent)

Shopping and faff it seems.

bobario
    Free Member

I’ve just finished fettling my bike and packing my gear away for tomorrows ride. I’m sick of driving so I’ll be doing a fairly local ride [just over 1hr away] around Gradbach.

snaps
    Free Member

Commute was nice this morning…

Exmoor tomorrow – sunny all day, might drop down to Minehead to see the Flying Scotsman.

nairnster
    Free Member

Hopefully get my new forks fitted and out for a ride.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I’m likely to be on the Ridgeway tomorrow (keeping an eye out for molgrips) and then at Swinley on Sunday

Btw, great snap, snaps

JAG

Day off tomorrow, doing stuff around the house. Then Sunday I’m driving to the Quantocks (about 2 hours) to ride in the Quantocks Quake; a 20 or 30 mile off road sportive 8)

tomhoward

Just back from after work shuttle runs at stainburn thanks to mrstomhowardtobe, wish I’d taken lights as it was riding really well!

milky1980
    Free Member

No riding tomorrow as I’ll be driving north all day.

Sunday will be riding somewhere in Scotland as the start of a week’s holiday up there with the bike 😀

jonba
    Free Member

Social pre season hill climb race with som intervals afterwards. Hill walk on sunday with the wife and I’ve got Monday off to watch the ToB.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Still having issues with my back that is exacerbated by time in the car.

So, another day riding locally, maybe a spot of lunch and a beer. And get away from town, as it’s the Scottish air show tomorrow, and it’ll be rammed.

pennine
    Free Member

Horton Moor Pen-y-Ghent (Yorkshire Dales) today

DrP

Yak..you going SS for the Brass MOnkeys?

My plans are:
    Sat – load up family bikes on roof, drive to the downs link and do a little 8k ride (out’n’back) – I’ll be on the cargo bike with bubba, son on his, wife on hers…
    Sun – early roadie ride on my own… 100k (or just shy of, depends how accurate the routine is) to be back in time for lunch…

Haven’t been out on the road bike for months!!

DrP

rossburton
    Free Member

With any luck about a quarter of the local C2C with the kids (8yo and 6yo). Less impressive as it sounds as that’s just 6km on the flat..

hairyscary

A quick spin on the steep stuff around Ballater tonight. First time I’ve ridden the trails since I knocked myself out on one of them. I felt a little tense to start but was beginning to relax on the last run.

Probably High Burnside and Laggan tomorrow and Wales next week 8)

poah
    Free Member

Going up Ben Vorlich

speedstar

Tidying up my flat so I can ride on Sunday without feeling like an overgrown teenager. Oh and I might have to cut the steerer on my Lyrik’s as I just bought a direct mount stem for the Dune that makes it look like one of those tribeswomen in Myanmar, who’s culture dictates they wear rings to create lengthened necks..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

poah – Member
    Going up Ben Vorlich

POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s awfy short, I’d be tacking something else on, unless yer time short.

ocrider

Took my kid and the lad from a few doors down the road on my little front door loop.
    Turns out that the trail fairies turned up over the last week and transformed a section of footpath into a flowy combination of jumps and berms, so we sessioned it because it will be flattened out before long (It isn’t every day you see a gap jump on the Chemin de la Compostele)
    Not the trail fairies’ finest hour

fanatic278
    Free Member

Two day Cairngorm loop this weekend. Looking good for tomorrow, but very windy Sunday. Might have to formulate an escape plan!

Yak

DrP – yes! Don’t worry, my soundly mid pack mediocrity will be upheld singlespeed or geared 🙂 .

mcnultycop

Road thing taking in Saddleworth and Calderdale probably on Saturday, something else on Sunday,

If I can be arsed I’ll set the fat bike up tubeless and fit mudguards to the Arkose.

kayla1
    Free Member

We’re both racing tomorrow- a local one at Eastgate which is a proper old-school, race-down-a piece-of-countryside-that’s-had-bits-taped-off downhill. I can’t wait, fetch my Rocket! 😀 ! 😀 ! 😀

prawny

Didn’t feel like it this weekend, it’s been a rough week, so I went for a little bimble round the fire roads over the Chase and a bit of the blue with the odd off piste section thrown in. Really enjoyed myself, might do it more often.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Solo mission to comrie was idyllic, a deer nearly knocked me off my bike, I saw a vole thingie, lots of colouful butterflies and damselflies.

rossburton
    Free Member

With any luck about a quarter of the local C2C with the kids (8yo and 6yo). Less impressive as it sounds as that’s just 6km on the flat..

A whole 9.4km in the end.

Lovely to actually get out with the kids and spend a quality few hours messing around in muddy puddles!

kayak23

Bit of a loop at fod today taking in some of the good bits. Decided to do it on my inappropriate bike for a change.
    K’nell it’s rough on a rigid! Fat or no fat.. Did Flatlands at the trail centre and very nearly rattled my brain out of my head.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/X7tHmk]Staple Edge[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Y8yKfV]Parkend area[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Y5NNS5]Beetle doing some beetle shit[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/X579gN]End of Verderers[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

Mint day 🙂

ebennett

Did a fairly big ride around Hope and managed to smash my mech off. Again 👿 . Haven’t broken a mech for 3 years and now managed to do it twice in a week! Thankfully a quick emergency run to 18 bikes sorted me out with a new one – having just replaced one on Wednesday it was fairly quick to get set up…

poah
    Free Member

This was much harder than I thought it would be. Took 2h40m to get up and about 20 mins to get down. I had Two falls (in front of people lol) and an almost massive fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvaPBmZSYL4

martinhutch

Nice train-assisted day out in the Dales

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Rain ~4 hours than predictions yesterday have stopped play this morning. 👿

CheesybeanZ

Local 20 miles yesterday , planned 35 miles for today – but its properly pissing down and forecast for the rest of the day 😐

nairnster
    Free Member

Short ride to set up the new forks today

qwerty
    Free Member

Rode yesterday @ 7am with a buddy, 20 miles / 2700′ of up. Weather & trails great so repeated it again at 4pm. Great riding. Glad I did, it’s wet in the Shire today.

alangrozier
    Free Member

not had a bike since june after it collapsed on me, still waiting on my replacement

jekkyl

Fairy Toadstools in the Staffordshire wilds this morning.

Everywhere was much overgrown, I am cut to shreds.

prawny

Some huge ones over the Chase, I was going to take a picture but I’m too lazy to get my phone out of my bumbag

snaps
    Free Member

Spectators

Trees gone

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Went to our local place yesterday evening where I haven’t ridden in far too long.

Ran straight into a stump in a fast corner and had a proper over-the-bars dismount. Fortunately I landed back on the smoothish track again and slid a few feet on my front, then the bike landed on me. I ache like a bastard today..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Weekending Riding plans and Pics’ is closed to new replies.