Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Weekend Riding plans? (& Pics)
  • jekkyl

(09/12/16)
    Looks like a wet one for most of the country, Saturday looks right miserable. I’m out on our works Christmas do tomorrow night so just a night ride for me tonight, localish, trying to stay out of the rain.

What have you got planned? Have a good one!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hopefully going for a road ride and café stop with a new lady cyclist friend on Sunday.

bikebouy
    Free Member

SUP surfing, North East Coast Tour..
    Whitby, Saltburn, Redcar, Longsands, Beadnell, Bamburgh..

Pook

Maybe a cheeky one but it’s Xmas a go go at Casa di Pook this weekend

MoreCashThanDash

Sorting and delivering about 1000 Christmas cards. Hopefully with some help from the rest of the Scout group.

Might sneak an hour Sunday afternoon if we get enough helpers in the morning. Was aiming to get a ride in on Monday when I am off but just seen a list of shopping and jobs MrsMC has written labelled “Monday”.

👿

lowey

After the week I;ve had, I’m going to chuck the bike in the car and head to the lakes. No idea where, will probably decide on the way up.

ztsh
    Free Member

Looks like a cold ride this sunday at Llandegla. Not too bad in the way of rain but more than a wee bit nippy

Klunk
    Free Member

sitting by the fire in a Southwold pub drinking broadside, eating chips and doing the grauniad cryptic crossword saturday, may do some local singlespeeding sunday

Haze

Road ride tomorrow…training bash, looks like the last two hours might be soggy.

That usually means a better turn out than when it’s dry, they’re a strange lot…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Other half’s away, so it’s a Dad weekend.

Just been out for an hour or so while it’s dry to try and make-up the shortfall.

Alex

Been out this afternoon in the Malverns. Fab up there still. Big ride in the FoD Sunday. Be out all day, mudguards fitted, bacon stop at midday, favourite pub about 3. Best charge the lights. Reckon it’s going to be a bit sloppy. Don’t mind that now, pretty bored of it by Feb 😉

beltaine
    Free Member

Funnily enough Alex, I was over there this morning. Then back to the Vorest, where I came off and am expecting a big bruise behind my knee. A great day though, regardless !

Trekster

Depends on wine intake…..

kayak23

Hopton hardtail hooning.

windysurfer
    Free Member

Currently Sat in my van parking in a quite sleepy spot just outside Ambleside eating a Chinese listening to the rain.Probably just do a couple of hours ride around Loughrigg,Iron keld area depending on the weather and beer intake.

Stoner
    Free Member

am sat in the royal oak inn Rhandirmwyn waiting for my shepherds pie. laps of brechfa thus afternoon. off to cwm rhaedr tomorrow morning. its damp and baggy here, and summery tyres on SS rigid are not really the right tool for the job, but all good fun

fathomer

Arrived in Wales about an hour ago (Old Skool MTB) for two days riding at CyB. I think tomorrow’s going to resemble an otters pocket, hopefully Sunday will be better!

canopy
    Free Member

Meeting Jono from this forum for the first time as he’s just moved down here from the other side of the country. Showing him round bits on the Quantocks he doesn’t know already – particularly how to get from the southern most bit of ‘the north’ (dead woman’s area) which he’s done all the classic bits of.. over to the man made stuff in great wood (Narnia, Sharki and Jambos, Chimney, Route 66, Scriptures Union etc).. 🙂

Edit : Sunday morning

jekkyl

its damp and baggy here

😯 😉

sargey

15 Santa’s heading out from stourbridge through kinver,into the wyre forest,on to Bewdley for beer and food then back to stourbridge.

We may be soggy Santa’s on the way back
    37 miles on last years loop.

siwhite
    Free Member

I had the afternoon at Swinley on my new B+ Stumpjumper, which was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. An hour of Zwift in between baby-bath-and-bed duties.

Tomorrow looks wet, so I’ll have another Zwift session.

Sunday looks fair and sunny, so likely head back to Swinley. Any other STWers up for a blue-red-blue?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Adductor injury means still no riding this year (until Gods know when). So my fantasy ride this weekend is:

Hop on the Vagabond and go from Worcs to Gotherington via canal towpath – up through The Million, lunch and ale at The Cat, then maybe Sheepwalks but probably bridleway over to Kingsford, up Castle Hill then through Shatterford Woods, over River Severn at Arley, up to Button Oak through Wyre Forest to Heightington then night ride via back lanes to Worcs via Martley and Rushwick.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im hoping a vagabond is a motorbike coz that’s a sod of a long way to go on a bicycle! 🙂

Gotherington* and back would have done it

* my old manor!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Gotherington* and back would have done it

Of course I meant Gothersley 😳

Both are old haunts. I bought my 1st ATB from Williams in Cheltenham -and this yr bought the 2nd ATB 26 yrs later so have plans to get it introduced 🙂 )

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Not sure. I fancy a long ride in fod but it’s going to be a bit damp. So either a trail centre or maybe riding the bmx at rush skatepark or flyup 417.

And I’ve spent my riding evenings building trails instead this week. Damn.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

* my old manor!

Noice!

Damn now I’ve gotten to thinking how far this weekend fantasy ride is. It seemed doable in my head. Have a distance measuring map that you can tap and waymark point to point. I’m guessing about 75 miles.

Hope the skies stay dry for all!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

72 total. (After an hour of tapping waypoints along bridleways and towpaths!)

Canal doesnt go straight from Worcs to Kidderminster so first 24 miles via cycle route http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home.nsf/RoutesLinksCycle/worcester-to-kidderminster-cycle-route

Then join towpath at Kiddy for the remaing 48 mile loop. Am naming it the ‘Owd Buzzard’. Anyone know how I might best plot, save and share it?

Anyone else laid up with a hankering and fantasy ride?

ton

just had a wet and misty 3 days based at grasmere, with my wife. did a couple of great road/bw loops, including taking the wife on loughrigg on her tourer. it was ace.

than today i went for a nice road pootle to coxwold tearoom, in the fine company of esselgruntfutock off here. was also ace.

and doing a nice cafe/pub ride with the wife again on sunday. will be ace.

being back on the bike is ACE……… 8)

carlos
    Free Member

Out round Rivington tomorrow and The Goyt on Sunday

God I love these double day weekend passes 😆

theboatman
    Free Member

Wet and dark road ride last night is all I’ll be getting this weekend. Christmas shopping today 🙁 and Derby/ Forest on Sunday will see too much alcohol consumed to further any cycling hopes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

just had a wet and misty 3 days based at grasmere, with my wife. did a couple of great road/bw loops, including taking the wife on loughrigg on her tourer. it was ace.

than today i went for a nice road pootle to coxwold tearoom, in the fine company of esselgruntfutock off here. was also ace.

and doing a nice cafe/pub ride with the wife again on sunday. will be ace.

being back on the bike is ACE………

Great stuff Tony!.

Wee local ride up the carrick hills for me today, Ben Lomond tomorrow.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Early Saltburn seshsmash.

martinhutch

A relaxed pootle from Horton in Ribblesdale over to Buckden and back. Headwind not as bad as I was expecting!

Stoner
    Free Member

a very very damp morning at Cwm Rhaedr but it’s still the most perfect SS man-made trail out there. 3 loops without stopping, fair knackered though as am out of shape.

The view from the top of the climb(ish) – not much to see, but you can always hear the waterfall.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Stoner, I nearly went to cwm rheadr this morning, ive been meaning to get there for a while. I went to Eastridge instead as there was no rain forecast. It was great, even threatening blue sky at one point. I did feel a little underbiked for the first time on my T129 though.

Stoner
    Free Member

I rode a few loops of Brechfa blue/green yesterday afternoon but decided to wimp out of the black given I was riding alone, there was only one other chap there, had summer tyres on and no suspension….v much underbiked for it. Where’s Eastridge?

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

North Shropshire hills. they hold a fair few enduro races there I believe. it was quite technical riding to be honest. Ive heard there is is a fair bit of nicer xc stuff there as well. there is red lo, bits only 5 mils and definitely on the hard the red grade.

Stoner
    Free Member

I must investigate – it’s got to be closer to Malvern than Cwm R!

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Yeahit is. I want to do a ride next year in the spring taking in the red descent, the Stiperstones and up and down the long mynd. I think that could be a grat rid

steve_b77
    Free Member

Off to Llandegla tomorrow for a couple of laps

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding plans? (& Pics)’ is closed to new replies.