Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Weekend Riding Plans.. (& Pics)
  • fathomer

Usually jekkyl’s thread but he hasn’t posted, so…….

Weather looks decent pretty much everywhere this weekend so what are peoples plans?

I’m out for a curry and beers tonight with the local riding group but going to try and drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning and head somewhere. I’ve got a day pass so it’d be rude not to, struggling to make up my mind on location however!

Sunday will be a local road ride after a walk with friends in the morning.

jekkyl

Feel free any week you want Sam, I only put it up when I’ve got a decent ride planned… 🙂

Nothing epic out of me this weekend, the wife’s out tonight so I shall spend the time tweaking the new build (shortening brake hoses) and drinking whisky. Then a night ride planned for Saturday evening… if my mate can be bothered it’ll the flat rural lanes & bridleways of Cheshire, if he can’t then it’ll be the hilly rural lanes & bridleways of Staffordshire on my todd.
    Have a good one everyone, looks to be sunny both days!

carlos
    Free Member

Got another all weekend pass, as the Mrs likes to sleep off her hangovers. 🙄

So plan is local forest, Goyt, Taxal, 3 Shires and some other (possibly cheeky) bits tomorrow :wink:.

Sunday is still to be planned, if its anything like last Sunday it’ll be a 35 miler and 6000ft climbing round the Lake District somewhere

fifeandy
    Free Member

This weekend will mark the start of season 2017 for me.
    Probably 2-2.5hrs super slow and cursing my lack of fitness.

Reverse periodised the last two seasons, which has actually worked quite well, but planning to go oldschool this season and embrace some steady base building out in the cold.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Walking the walk, surfing with a stick.

hambl90
    Free Member

Got a day free on Sunday , not sure where to go yet but probably bpw, fod or the Gap route.

jclowes
    Free Member

I’m doing Sticks Pass tomorrow if anybody wants to join me?

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

Swinley tomorrow eve. Somewhere not yet decided on Sunday night.

martinhutch

South Lakes hopefully, lowish level. I take it things are running nicely out that way?

jclowes
    Free Member

I couldn’t tell you, I’ve even away for a fortnight. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow

ashfanman
    Free Member

A mate recently got into (road) cycling, so I’m riding over to his for about 9am (30 miles away, so an early start!), then going out for a ride, then back to watch the rugby, drink beer and eat all the things. Can’t wait.

sefton
    Free Member

North of England cx champs in york!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@martinhutch

Wet where its always wet, pretty good in between

stevestunts holds my riding fate in his wizened claws. Just waiting for the msg to drop. But will be localish conistony type way I reckon.

jonostevens
    Free Member

Up on to the Quantocks via Cothelstone Sunday morning*. First ride on my new local trails. 🙂

* if I finish unpacking cardboard boxes.

Ambrose

Claerddu Bothy in Mid Wales for the annual club bacon, beers and bothy bikefest.

birky
    Free Member

Was at Comrie Croft today. Local CTC ride tomorrow. Road ride with friends on sunday.

patagonian
    Free Member

Off to Basingstoke for the Evans Hampshire MTB Ride It event.

rOcKeTdOg

GFBD ride on the beach in surrey

kiwijohn

Annual Seven Hills on sunday, 210km, 4000m. Skinny tyres on the Kite ready to go.

vondally
    Free Member

Okay early out….good part of the ride

Then a complete over the bars and thwacked by a stooge in the head…..so wandered home with a headache and an egg developing o n my knee……hobble off to watch the rugby later….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chilly, offshore, shoulder high.

The waves so clear we need SunGlasses..

fifeandy
    Free Member

Decent ride today, actually even more unfit and slow than i thought – can only go up from here 😆

ton

that looks good fun. lucky man

GolfChick
    Free Member

Brilliant night ride last night with two other ladies over Kinver Edge.

tomorrow is a run across to the wyre forest using a mix of canals, the rifle range, bridleways etc. to lessen the winter impact on the trails.

jam-bo

Hard to see the trails in my local woods.

Bikebouy – if your still surfing in the uk with short sleeves I’m impressed..

dumbbot
    Free Member

not the most romantic picture, but Drumlanrig Black route was damp and greasy today…those roots were horribly leg zapping, im tired. Highlight of the day was the local gentry who were out pheasant shooting yelling abuse at us from their landrovers.

I guess its easy to be a hardman when you’ve got a firearm…

richpips
    Free Member

We rode most of the way up Snowdon today. Decided once it all got a bit icy to do the sensible thing, and turn back.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Probably a local blast in the mud tomorrow morning on the mtb for me.

And bikebouy why does it look like your wearing tights over your head on that surfboard, planning on going all point break on us or something? 😆

dpfr

Usual Goyt Valley circuit for me this afternoon, where I came across a herd of four fatties going over from Derbyshire Bridge to Buxton.

Rather pleased that the badly bruised thigh from Wednesday’s contender for ‘stupidest MTB injury ever’ has settled down enough to ride.

treklee
    Free Member

@golfchick, just sent you a message on Facebook

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thats not me in the photo, it’s my mate..

We’re just getting away with no boots and no gloves, I’m in a kook hat now unless its over 10C and not windy, and Kevin ^^ is a brave lad in short sleeves I’ll agree but he lasted only an hour before crying off to do Xmas shopping.. in reality he got cold 😆

It’s looking windy tomorrow, but we’ll be out again. 8)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Grand Li’l run out up Broughton Moor with stevestunts

Here he is popping the rad stylez, man he is psyk (but in the pervert sense)

Scenery, innit

Top of the fireroad at Natty bridge preparing to rip [read totter] down the other side

bikebouy
    Free Member

Early, very early session. NE’ly which made the small waves crumble a bit, and a bit of suck on the inside making even those proficient in getting out back look like Groms..
    And yup, that’s me styling it out..

matt_outandabout

Some ‘utility biking’ round town yesterday, getting ready and clearing up from school Christmas fair.
    This morning a local pootle ended early with sticky freehub. Seized Hope Pro2 freehub bearing the culprit, mucho faff battering the cassette off. Can’t complain – the bearings are six years old!

postierich
    Free Member

Had a Bothy stay @ Mosedale Cottage after a late start 8pm after a few pints in The Eagle and Child, rocked up at the Bothy to be greeted by some fellow fatties and a warm fire at 10.30pm 🙂
    Following day consisted of Climbing Gatesgarth Harterfell Nan Bield High St Frosthwick Ill Bell Yoke Garburn
    Lots of tech hence the dropper and no seat pack truly stunning day 🙂
    https://www.strava.com/activities/793541407
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/PiFo3m]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/NCZPyc]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/PGbEKF]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

We did a route from Hope in the Peaks.Turned into Flattyre Fest 2016,at least it didn’t rain.. 😀

martinhutch

Looks like a much nicer day than the Saturday, Rich. Damp and decidedly chilly, but still fun on the low level stuff. Kept most of the walkers off Loughrigg Terrace, too.

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock 🙂

mcnultycop

In honour of Global Fatbike Day I forgot, Saturday was supposed to be an evening urban CX ride down to Manchester (bridleways onto canal out, road back) but I forgot my lights so that was curtailed.

Sunday I then did a longer CX ride in daylight hours which was perfect other than the low sun in my eyes, reflecting off everything all the way home.

carlos
    Free Member

Sacked off Saturday in the end and and after some bike fettling, cleaning and car washing, went kitchen shopping instead 🙄

But had a cracker of a day out on Sunday –

https://www.relive.cc/view/793530245.

Bit of a breeze heading up Coldwell Clough to Jacobs, cool in the shade but lovely in the sun. Even managed to get the lower bit of Parkin Clough in and without a dab too 😉

Finished the ride off with a Passion Fruit tea, Pastrami Melt and a wedge of Lemon Drizzle in Rosie Lee’s, Hayfield. nom, nom.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Plans.. (& Pics)’ is closed to new replies.