Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Weekend Riding plans (& pics)
  • jekkyl

Go awwwn then, lets have ya.
    Me n mar mate have a half hearted plan to head to Cannock for a night ride on Saturday but that depends on respective wives granting early leave, so it might end up local woods and bridleways.

Where are you headed on 2 wheels over the coming weekend? Weather looks to be dry for most of us but it might be a bit nippy!

matt_outandabout

Riding the M74 and M6 south to the glamour that is Newton le Willows to see family. 🙁

I might get out Sunday…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Järvsö bike park in central Sweden for me, weather looks gash, 2c and sleet. Wahey!

sandwicheater

May bazz about on a Boris bike in capital city.

RobinL

Just researching a loop from home ( Mirfield ), out via Castle Hill and Honley up to Wessenden ( on t’moors ), before heading back down to Marsden …. but then can I face the climb back up to Pole Moor …. could be a climb too far in what will probably be a 35-40 mile ride – I’ll see on Sunday !

rOcKeTdOg

here on sunday

sandwicheater

@RobinL, as a fellow Mirfield resident, I’d be interested on how you get on.

weeksy

Sat is a rest day, as is today, Sunday either Surrey Hills or Swinley, Monday is Swinley too.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Dartmoor – before it becomes completely liquid as opposed to semi liquid like the rest of the year

RobinL

@Sandwicheater – feel free to tag along !

Now you have committed me to it !

cp

where’s that rocketdog?

sandwicheater

@Robinl, would love to but in London this weekend. If you do it another weekend, would be very keen.

We’ve started doing regular rides from Sowerby’s again on a Monday, 6:30 start.

RobinL

@sandwicher – Col had mentioned it ….. I tend to ride midweek !

Rubber_Buccaneer

where’s that rocketdog?

and why the name? I’d always just assumed rocketdog was some cool comic strip character but in an idle 10mins whilst eating my lunch I just googled it. Womens shoes? Now google are going to be feeding me women’s shoe ads for weeks all because of you 👿

fathomer

Wife is away with friends so have the whole, long, weekend to myself. I had a half hearted plan to go away Saturday to Sunday but I’ve not got round to sorting anything and am struggling to find a B&B in the Lakes or similar.

So, I’m thinking Long Mynd tomorrow, Peak Sunday and Cannock Monday morning.

May change my mind again though!

@rOcKeTdOg – Malvern’s? Always fancied riding there but never got round to it.

Edit: having looked again I don’t think it is?

Mackem

Driving up to Peebles tonight.
    Glentress all dayy Saturday.
    Drive back to Bury Sunday.
    Nip out on CX bike for a couple hours.

jam-bo

North Bovey & lustleigh cleave in theory. That is if I can final get rid of the snot monster that’s taken up residence in my head.

flyingmonkeycorps

Planning a big one from Staveley on Sunday, but it depends on my current stomach troubles clearing up…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mrs Nobeer and her pack of wee shites Brownies are cycling round the Isle of Cumbrae, So I’ll be taking all their bikes in the van to Largs and back later that day.

I’ll either ride up around the moors above Largs, or go do a bit of trail maintenance instead.

slowbloke
    Free Member

jam bo
    North Bovey & lustleigh cleave in theory. That is if I can final get rid of the snot monster that’s taken up residence in my head.

If it’s the same snot monster I and everyone else locally seems to have then good luck. I’m just getting rid of mine 3 weeks on.

SaxonRider

Taking a bus to Gatwick, then

all the way to Toronto. Alas, no pedals involved.

Trimix
    Free Member

FoD Saturday
    Local Orienteering event Sunday

Trails are dry, so get some while they last. Sooner or later we will all be moaning about the mud.

jekkyl

So, I’m thinking Long Mynd tomorrow, Peak Sunday and Cannock Monday morning.

Sam you Jammy *beep beep beep*, even without the lakes that’s a dam good weekend plan, you’re living the biking good life mate, look foward to the pics on monday.

Bregante

Today was the first time in almost 5 weeks that I’ve felt sufficiently well enough to get on my bike. An insect bite which led to Cellulitis, followed by a horrible kidney infection have absolutely floored me.

I’m thinking now that a 30 odd mile road ride might have been a bit too much too soon, as I feel dreadful right now. But it was bloody lovely while it lasted…

Andy_K

Central lakes for scrunchy Autumn colours and tinkley slate.

fathomer

jekkyl – Member
    Sam you Jammy *beep beep beep*, even without the lakes that’s a dam good weekend plan, you’re living the biking good life mate, look foward to the pics on monday.

The joys of being childless I guess.

Mike-E

Saturday – tour of Skiddaw
    Sunday – Whinlatter

rOcKeTdOg

where’s that rocketdog?

About a far south as the NWAlps gets

spectabilis
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

here on sunday

A bit of rambler dodging on British camp eh . 😛

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Me and my main road riding buddy love a good challenge. In the past we’ve ridden L2P in 24 hours, a lap of the M25 and L2Bruges in a day.

We are leaving my house in Epsom tomorrow and heading 78 miles to Portsmouth. We are booked on the 11-15 ferry to Ryde (no pun intended) and then doing a 75 miles loop of the IOW.

Catching the 7pm Ferry back to Portsmouth and train back to Waterloo.

Weather forecast looks good with probably a nice tailwind for much of the ride. Should be a good day out.

Oh and then Epsom to Leith Hill and back on my MTB on Sunday followed by a visit to the Bridge on my season ticket to watch us play the scum.

carlos
    Free Member

Dunno yet, but it’ll be on Sunday, in The Peak somewhere on the MTB and lots of fun.

Carlos

rOcKeTdOg

A bit of rambler dodging on British camp eh

they don’t get up as early as we’ll be there

ebennett

Depends on how this lingering cold that’s been hanging around for about 3 weeks is. If I feel good tomorrow AM probably the Peak somewhere, if I feel just ok then probably a trail centre or a local buzz, if I feel crappy then sit in my jammies all day and play video games 😀

IHN

Out with the little lady roadying around the Cotswolds. Route, distance, time, day all tbc…

honeybadgerx

Going for my first ride since Moab last week, somewhere in the Scottish Borders, so it will probably involve mincing up/down anything vaguely damp/muddy/that doesn’t have the frictional properties of emery cloth whilst wearing five layers of clothing. I have a feeling I may not get too much sympathy from my mates though…

rocketman
    Free Member

Frequent intense Cannock it was world class today

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice local water sports club will be holding an end of summer season “ta ta” to all the uber friendly instructors and we’ll all be doing this..

And this

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Fair City Enduro, and I’m fairly looking forward to it anaw.

welshfarmer

First weekend ride already under my belt. Up the valley to the Gospel Pass then up on to Offas Dyke and back along the ridge until the drop back down to the farm. Beautiful out this afternoon. Had to be done. Sunday I am over in the Cotswolds on an BMBO orienteering event near Banbury if anyone else is doing it??

colp

Maria Alm flow trail tomorrow, then Pro & Blue lines in Hinterglemm on Monday before the lifts close for the season.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding plans (& pics)’ is closed to new replies.