Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Weekend Riding Plans?? (& pics)
  • jekkyl

okay you gorgeous gang where you off to this weekend on 2 wheels in the mostly dry, mostly double figure temps?

I’m at work at the with the bike in the back of my car as planning a quick peak district loop straight after work. Also out with my mate Saturday night over Mowcop! (local road and off road) there may or may not be some pints consumed after. Have a good one all!

weeksy

Off out in a minute, Bit of Ridgeway to Goring, then up from there towards Checkendon, into the woods up there then over to Whitchurch, then down to Pangbourne, then from there up to Ashampstead and finally Hampstead Norrys then home… Will be 3.5 hours and 80% trails/woods…. If we get there in time we’ll stop in Pangbourne for Costa coffee, which closes at 6.30… and cake of course… more cake !

fifeandy
    Free Member

Just a little tootle round tentsmuir in-between rounds of napping on the sofa for me 🙂

cokie

Weeksy, sounds like a cracking ride! Don’t happen to have the GXP file or similar for that route?

matt_outandabout

Chasing DofE groups around the Highlands, three supervisors all on bikes….. 😀

kayla1
    Free Member

Food festival over at Bishop Auckland for food and beer 😀 Dunno whether to monster truck it over on the Flare or whippet over on the Soul… It’s a lovely problem to have!

jointhedotz
    Free Member

http://fattyres.co.uk/routes/lake-district/high-street-ullswater

This in sunday, suspect it’ll break me

ransos
    Free Member

It’s the LVIS audax this Sunday, so 200km for me on the lanes around Bristol.

jimdubleyou

Arkose has been in the shop for a week, so will be testing out the shiny new gear cables, chain, bottom bracket, bar tape and general “just-serviced” loveliness by taking somewhere on the North Downs.

IHN

Brizzle bike jumble tomorrow, hopefully raise some funds and maybe buy some bits for the ongoing tourer build.

Probably get out Sunday, probably roady but you never know, I might dust off the MTB for it’s first outing since October…

fettlin

DIY on Saturday but hopefully a quiet little bimble into town on the cdf on Sunday. The Festival of speed is on so should be interesting!

sirromj

Early finish today so rode over to parents. Took this pic to show Spring is definitely here down South. Will probably be it for this weekend as need to take it easy on the wrist and a cold in chest and feeling low in energy.

Alex

Snowdon – Saturday
    Nant-Y-Arin – Sunday

A weekend full of win. Third attempt at Snowdon. First one literally blown off the mountain 3/4 of the way up. Mate picked his bike up to get it over a rock and was blown sideways. Cracked a rib. We decided discretion etc… second time snow, ice and hail. Sat in Pete’s Eats and thought naaaa.

Forecast for tomorrow however….. shhh 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wee trip south to the Lakes.

4 passes tomorrow, something a little shorter but equally awesome on Sunday.

Ooft. :mrgreen:

ads678

Sprained ankle stops play!! 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Sunday is my first race of the year.

Going DH racing on a 29″ trail bike. It will be fun 🙂

jekkyl

nice one nobeer, We’ll have some pics from you please after your return. 🙂 *thumbs up*

mark d
    Free Member

Weeksy, you are in my neck of the woods, hopefully bump into you at some point

yossarian
    Free Member

BMX track tomorrow for a coaching session on my new second hand intense cruiser (maybe my favouritest bike EVER). Perhaps a cheeky spin out on the mtb in the evening. Sunday is a write off as I’m at Wembley to support the mighty yellows.

davros

Just rode cannock with my dad for only the 2nd time and loved it. Nice change from the perpetual mud and loose rocks of the peak. Probably the most fun I’ve had on my carbon camber since i bought it. I will certainly be back soon.

Klunk
    Free Member

solo local singlespeeding for me saturday, even with saddle sores 🙁 sunday maybe road or off road with the mrs. piccy from thursday/tomorrow

hopefully 😉

carlos
    Free Member

Gisburn tomorrow and prob somewhere in The Lakes on Sunday, but that’s to be decided tomorrow over beers

CheesybeanZ

First time out on the full susser in 4 /5 months , 2 and half hrs of dry ish local trails this afternoon 8) 😆 either Cwmcarn or Cannock on Sunday .

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Market Harborough festival of cycling 100k on Sunday. Riding the roads I frequented as a 15 year old on my Raleigh Maverick 15 speed. All on road, bit worried about the distance but should be a blast from the past!

Still riding steel, but drop bars and 18 gears now – still a bit retro and 32c tyres not that much thinner than the ones on the Maverick if I remember correctly…

tomhoward

New bike day tomorrow 8) so a shakedown ride locally round Morley, before doing moors and shores on sunday

iainc

3 weeks post hernia op, back on bike next week I hope. Coaching in the morning, on foot again…… hey ho 😀

doordonot
    Free Member

I’ve come up to north Wales (Llanberis) to see what all the fuss is about. Going to have a crack at the Pen-y-pass classic tomorrow morning (road) while looking at the big hills, then consider options for the afternoon. @Alex, what time are you setting off for Snowdon? Good luck with that – it’s breezy and wet here in Llanberis.

xcstu
    Free Member

Not sure which day yet but more than likely be going round peaslake

nixie

Southampton to Swanage for a bivi. First one in ages! 50 miles on a loaded plus bike.

mrhoppy

Local Eastridge loop today then CyB tomorrow to take hoppy jr round the minotaur trail and then have a quick spin round Tarw Ddu in the afternoon.

weeksy

weeksy

.cokie – Member
    Weeksy, sounds like a cracking ride! Don’t happen to have the GXP file or similar for that route

Sorry, don’t use any tracking stuff, could pull it from Strava i guess if that’s any use? Was 51km in the end, loads of woods, trails, just damn fine riding, trails were exceptional condition, mostly dry.
    Stopped at a cafe in Pangbourne for coffee and cake, then a small road section.
    Assuming it’s dry, we’ll be doing similar next Fri about 4pm if you want to come out.

stevied
    Free Member

My weekend started yesterday with a cracking day @ Revs. 1st visit and will definitely be going back.

I’ve been working in Wales all week – it rained, whilst everyone else was having nice weather (ok, we got a bit of sunshine). Came home to Derbyshire, expecting a cracking weekend and some much needed riding. Guess what – it’s bloody raining!

Mackem

Taking a lad I used to work with on his very first mountain bike ride. Hope I don’t put him off.

hairyscary

A nice and dry’ish ride at Pitfichie today. All the trails are running well at the moment.

No doubt it is going to piss it down just in time for all the Enduro’ists in a few weeks time.

I’ll probably ride local again tomorrow to take advantage of the unusually dry trails at this time of year.

mcnultycop

Just a road ride round saddleworth today. I’m out to celebrate my 40th tonight, then getting a tattoo on my calf finished next week so I’m not riding for a few weeks.

warns74
    Free Member

Great morning spent mucking about

doordonot
    Free Member

So, Snowdon road loop saturday morning:

Followed by an empty Penmancho in the afternoon. Some angry looking weather over Snowdon which I thankfully managed to avoid on both rides.

pipiom
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Plans?? (& pics)’ is closed to new replies.