Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Weekend Riding plans and pics?! (28.07)
  • jekkyl

Sitting in the office staring out at the rain here, not very nice. Hopefully it’ll get better tomorrow and the forecast says it probably will! I’m off with the family down to St Ives for a week and the bike’s coming with me, so I’m looking forward to getting clear of the office with some nice coastal trails over the coming fortnight.

Where are you headed on 2 wheels?
    Have a good one. 🙂

lowey

Was hoping for a Lakes epic tomorrow to prep for Ard Rock, but then I was reminded I have to drop my daughter at the airport.

So local loop in the afternoon I think.

Marin
    Free Member

Conwy or Rivvi see what weathers like in morning. Was going out Staveley way but may be very wet.

Marin
    Free Member

Conwy or Rivvi see what weathers like in morning. Was going out Staveley way but may be very wet.

IHN

Tomorrow – roady ride out into the Cotswolds
    Sunday – roady ride out into Wiltshire

It was supposed to be a two-day tour of the Cotswolds, but someone booked the half way point B&B for tonight, not tomorrow night, and now there’s nowhere with any availability…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Last day of our annual week on Arran on Saturday, rest of the family are away on early ferry, I’ll be here til the 1640 one, so….

Planning on doing doing what I reckon will be the perfect Arran ride, compact yet tough, with all the best singletrack concentrated into a 4 hour ride, all doable from the ferry. It’s a selfless act, that means I’ll then have a GPX of the route (not much of it is on a map!) so that when anyone asks on here, I don’t have to type a route description, my typing is really slowwwwwww…..

I’ve had a some cracking rides this week, it’s such an underrated place to bike, especially Mtb, I’ll get a post up once I get some photos sorted and GPX done too. Local club are ace too, I think I’ve probably paid my tenner membership about 3 times out the past 10 years, but they don’t mind!. Great bunch.

prawny

Haven’t been out on the MTB for about 3 weeks, it’s going to rain all evening and night in Cannock, not sure I can be arsed getting up early to get wet.

Wales in a couple of weeks though, so could do with not being too rusty. Hmmm.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Man up Prawny lad.

iainc

I think I’ve probably paid my tenner membership about 3 times out the past 10 years, but they don’t mind!.

as long as you bought a round in the PHT… 🙂

…. and the weekend – The Three Lochs way on Sunday with downshep and another mate. Waterproof shorts will be worn….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A round in the PHT about covers my other 7 years membership Iain!.

jonostevens
    Free Member

Pretending to be a very injured mountain biker for a Exmoor Search and Rescue exercise. Let’s hope the weather stays dry…

jekkyl

Prawny, forecast for the chase tomorrow morning is full sunshine from Dawn! plenty of fireroads on the Chase to bash up and down. Get to it.

stevedoc
    Free Member

As above I’ve a free weekend so planning local tomorrow and a good run around Coniston and Walna scar in prep for next weeks riding in Reeth . Hoping the rain gives it a miss for a bit as is been a deluge in Saddleworth since 12pm ,god awful.

Finger crossed it gives up for a few hours but even so its going to be muddy as hell !

LittleNose
    Free Member

Bike’s in the car, but just can’t seem to get my mojo together to get excited and decide where to take it for a spin.

carlos
    Free Member

Easy local ride out tomorrow over to Marple, Hayfield and back via Lyme Park

Sunday’s plans haven’t been made yet but they’ll involve a full day out on the bike somewhere, maybe The Lakes, Conwy, Llangollen. Wherever the weathers good will do tbh and a decent cafe to finish

Carlos

superstu
    Free Member

Off to pivot 2412 at newnham in Plymouth at the crack of dawn. 12 hour solo, still shaking off a chest infection so not expecting much, but a few laps and a few beers, should be good. Not been there since they hosted World Cup events in the 1990’s. Last time I was there I bought some yellow maguras for my rigid Kona and saw Martyn Ashton doing trials

poah
    Free Member

Nothing as it’s going to be pissing down and I’m working in morning so can’t be arsed. Next dry day and I’ll be off to bag a Munro on the bike

beej

Recovering from a cold so will maybe join the mid-pace shop ride tomorrow.

Hopefully MTB Sunday morning, just local stuff.

prawny

jekkyl – Member
    Prawny, forecast for the chase tomorrow morning is full sunshine from Dawn! plenty of fireroads on the Chase to bash up and down. Get to it.

Fireroads?! Fire, roads?! 😆

Mrs P tried to talk me into not going out and weirdly that made me want to go out, will probably just do a steady lap of what’s left of the dog + lower cliff, anything unnofficial will be sopping and/overgrown and I can’t be bothered with the monkey, need to be in the mood for it.

kayak23

Booked at Black Mountains, inspired by Northwinds earlier thread this week.
    Hope it’s dry. 🙂

Kahurangi

nobeerinthefridge – please do. I’m tossing up options for our holiday in September (mostly waslking, bit of biking) – thinking either Arran or Skye

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Defo, keep yer eyes peeled Jon.

Klunk
    Free Member

gentle early doors 40km road, calf still giving me jip 🙁 early saturdays is the best for road riding.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Currently sitting at the side of the road awaiting pickup after a tubeless valve mechanical stitch up.
    Only chance to get out in 3weeks and all over in the first 30mins 🙁

WildHunter2009

On the train down to Bristol so considering hiring a bike in Ashton Court, not ridden in months so fairly desperate for a ride!

bugeye
    Free Member

Swinley yesterday…. Bedgebury tomorrow.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WXBXUq]swinley[/url] by Martin Forrest, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

Local ride Dunblane and Bridge of Allan here. It’s like riding on ice – a combination of rain, mud, roots and OEM hard compound Racing Ralph 😯
    Still getting used to new Marin – tyre pressure now ‘right’, fork is bedding in nicely, but I’m overshooting corners. Possibly iffy tyres, maybe slackness of head angle. Likely just a crap rider…

onandon
    Free Member

Just back from 40 miles. Legs destroyed as that’s 300 miles in 4 days. Need a rest day

soundninjauk

Another muddy 40km around the Surrey Hills. It’s got to stop raining soon, right?

prawny

My ride was meh at best, almost wish I hadn’t bothered.

Cannock was a puddle fest my shoes are now out on the front patio drying out.

mrhoppy

Quick morning in the woods below Les Arcs today, the girls got the afternoon in the rain. Probably do the same again tomorrow, feels like a double header kind of day.

It’s a hard life but someone’s got to do it.

beej

Made it out, played sweeper for a group of 23(!) on the mid pace ride. All stayed together, kept to the quiet roads, one puncture and a couple of “nature breaks”.

Made a change from being all fighty at the front, just spun along chatting at the back – really enjoyed it.

maxtorque

No riding this weekend for me, as i’m on DIY duties. But as it’s “EXTREME” diy, it still mean’t i got to pull my knee pads on…..

😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Matt, the tyres will be shit on that Marin, get some new ones.

hairyscary

Took my boss and his son for a spin around Pitfichie on Friday. I think I’m going to be getting all the crap jobs for a while after convincing them to have a go at the DH track
    Bennachie and Millstone Hill solo today and feeling really good, 22miles and 4600ft of climbing.

Marin
    Free Member

Winter hill on a P7 felt bit sketchy weirdly after mainly downhilling on a big beasty in Alps recently. Gotta love a hardtail. Riding to shops tomorrow.

carlos
    Free Member

Great chatty loop from home yesterday to Hayfield and back. Cafe was shut so went for a pub lunch instead. First time mid ride pub launcher and tbh, I’d have just preferred a bit of cake and a brew.

Off to The Lakes today for a loop including Walna Scar. Fingers crossed the weather stays fine

Carlos

julians
    Free Member

Did 101 mile road ride yesterday, york to bridlington, fish and chips then back again.

Was hard work,but good, the furthest id ridden before this point was 30 miles.

jekkyl

First day of hols brief ride to explore Hayle. Don’t see much of this blue salty stuff in Staffordshire!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Saturday AM: Rain dodging turbo session
    Saturday PM: 3hrs easy including a couple of showers and an hour long cold gritty arse rinse.
    Sunday AM: 2hrs easy including yet another cold arse rinse.

Anyone know when summer is due to start? 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding plans and pics?! (28.07)’ is closed to new replies.