Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Weekend Riding Plans and Pics!? (21/04/17)
  • jekkyl

By a rare twist of fate the mother in law is staying over this weekend and I’ve been allowed out crack o’ dawn Sunday morning to ride in the daylight!! Was thinking double dog and a bit of off piste Cannock and I’m also out tonight round Alton & Dimmingsdale! Not had a great week at work so a weekend of riding is just the antidote I need, maybe a few beers as well 😉

Where you off and what you got planned?

fathomer

I have the whole weekend to myself as the Mrs went away this morning.

Thinking a big ride in the Dark Peak tomorrow, maybe taking in Cut Gate for the first time since last summer. Then a ride in the White Peak on Sunday.

That may well change when I can make my mind up 😀

jekkyl

Mint that Sam, I’ve got Tuesday off work and planning on riding Cutgate from Hope & back, let me know how it is.
    Where ya fancying in the white? for tuesday I was tossing up for that Linacre classic vs Cutgate, there’s much less tech but it has a great wild feel, wide open moors etc

iainc

FeshieBridge and Laggan – Glasgow Riderz development weekend – 9 coaches and 20 kids 🙂

fathomer

jekkyl – Not sure, maybe the 5 Dales ride from the VPub book, there’s also another one of similar lenght that I can’t remember the name of.

Sure you know, but If you do the Linacre classic, it’s a much better ride in the opposite direction to that in the book.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

bloody snow has come back . not sure what to do

birky
    Free Member

Hills and tracks between Loch Rannoch and Glen Lyon (did them 30+ years ago on the trials bike).

Alex

Spain 🙂

Gilles

Ashton Court then trip to Novotel to vote.

IHN

Bimble out with MrsIHN on Sunday, probably from the Green Dragon, pint and sarnie/bowl of chips after.

shortcut

Heading to Wasing on Saturday to race open class. Not done a National for more than 20 years is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Sunday I am doing the MTBO in Peaslake – haven’t done one of those in 15 years but do have local knowledge.

Should be a good fun weekend.

lowey

Four passes tomorrow.

Sunshine booked.

Very Excited.

MoreCashThanDash

My first Fat Lad At the Back social ride on Sunday. Anyone fancying a short gentle road ride near Derby on Sunday morning can come and join me so I don’t get lonely if no one else turns up.

FLAB Social ride

GolfChick
    Free Member

Another weekend to myself here, not that it makes a difference to any other weekend, but I’m riding early at 8:30am tomorrow with a friend in the Wyre Forest but it’s going to be a very easy ride because on Sunday I’m then riding the ‘Tour of the Black Country’ 100 miler. Should be my furthest distance week as I’m already on 59 miles woop woop!

flyingmonkeycorps

Think we’re gonna ride over Cut Gate from Langsett and have a play round Ladybower on Sunday. Quite excited after our abortive attempt last weekend.

singlespeedstu

Alex – Member
    Spain

Smug git. 😉
    Ciclo?
    Just local for me as we’ve got a few days in North then Mid Wales next week.

ahsat

Our plans have slightly fallen apart with a sudden overnight stay in hospital last night. Feeling shattered now. Might just potter on with trying bike packing stuff tomorrow and a local ride on Sunday.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Hopefully a 36 mile loop in the Dales. I say hopefully as my freehub feels a bit ropey and the dropper on my other bike is goosed. 😐

chipster

Out on the road with a club tomorrow. Somewhere around about 60 or 70 miles. I’ve not done that sort of distance for a few years. 😯

Alex

Smug git.
    Ciclo?

Oh yes. Ridden close by a few times over the last five years – based around Orgiva, , but first time riding wit Marco since about 2005 I think! 4:30am start. So I guess that means first beer around 6am 😉

singlespeedstu

Say hello to Marco for me.
    We might be back out there again later on in the year.

Alex

Will do. Really quite excited 🙂

middleagedmadness
    Free Member

off piste round the chase with the 12yr old ,can easily see a 3hr ride turning into 6 as hes already planning what food to take with him ,does anyone know ifts its dried out at the german cementry / Brocton end of the chase

jad
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/U33itw]Early morning ride up Ben Lomond[/url] by Jon Douglas, on Flickr

8am this morning. Great fun

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Roadie Beachy head loop Saturday
    Friston singletrack attack Sunday

Klunk
    Free Member

local loop on the singlespeed, no standing water/puddles at all very warm, green and so dusty! 😀

Couple of hours on the road tomorrow with a pub stop while the meatballs cook in the oven.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Still can’t figure out how to do pics from strava on the phone…So, quick blast ot on the hardtail this morning before taking the boys up to beacon tarn for a sausage roll based picnic. Schweet.
    Check out my ride on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/952479638/shareable_images/photo_based/757877/1/5519cab5-a5d9-4067-8ecb-e75eaf3a3f72?hl=en-US&v=1492867540

drewd

Just a spin around Preston Guild Wheel on the drop bar bike today, it was a cracking day for it.

I might go for a quick ride on the hardtail tomorrow if I get the chance.

piemonster

Currently sat in Vauxhall Travelodge with zero prospects of getting anywhere near a bike this weekend.

Meh

martinhutch

Lovely conditions out there in the South Dales. Just a local loop to see if rest had sorted a knee niggle. It hasn’t.

colournoise

Quick spin around Cannock yesterday.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TvC73C]2017 04 21 bike 46 02[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

Probably A little local pootle tomorrow morning.

fergal
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^ piemonster you are Alan partridge and i claim my five pounds!

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Ras, Elland and Shibden tomorrow. Can’t wait.

nairnster
    Free Member

No concrete plans for the weekend. But took part in the first Inverness Pedal on Parliament today.

Pedal On Parliament

Good turnout and variety of bikes and riders.

Tracey

Needed to take the bike into 18 Bikes to get the forks lowered to 150mm so combined it with a ride above Derwent, forgot to take the water bottle so was a bit parched by the time we got to Ladybower Inn

snaps
    Free Member

Exmoor was shit as usual 😉

How do you think this ended?

?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

kayak23

Everything running crazy fast and dry in the fod today on a loop taking in the rad bits.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Tw7zhG]Untitled[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

Mmm, cheese and tomato
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Tw7udy]Untitled[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

maxtorque

Snaps, that’s a photo to prove the old saying “There’s always one isn’t there….” 😉

fergal
    Free Member

A picture of a **** sandwitch, are you for real.

singlespeedstu

I’m outraged that it looks a bit limp and doesn’t even have any rocket on it…
    Come on kayak what the **** were you thinking 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Plans and Pics!? (21/04/17)’ is closed to new replies.