Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Weekend riding Plans and Pics?
  • jekkyl

I had a decent ride through Gradbach (staffs) the other night and way under estimated the time it would take me to complete it, ended up back at the car at 11.50pm!! 😯 as darkness descended I got jus a teeny bit scared as I was out in the middle of no-where by myself and still miles from the car/civilisation. Fortunately I had my big lights and several spare batteries so I just kept plodding on, all fun and games. Anyway…
    Bit of a scorcher ahead of us for both days, looks to be the best weekend of the year for being outside. I might go Cannock tomorrow night or I might stay local, haven’t decided.
    I hope you all have a good time at MM, I’d love to go one year. Have a good time in the sunshine everyone and what have you got planned? 😀

lowey

Being shown around the glorious North York Moors by some old mates who I have not seen since last year. Forecast looks spot on.

So feeling just a little bit pissed off that my throat feels like sandpaper and my nose is streaming. Hopefully just hayfever.

spawnofyorkshire

None, no riding plans whatsoever

fathomer

Cannock in the morning, trying to seek out some off piste, will probably do some of the main trails as well.

Then trying to convince the Mrs that we need to go to the Peak on Sunday for a ride, though she not keen as she’s doing a 65mile sportive tomorrow.

jam-bo

surf, surf and a bit more surf.

father’s day means i get to go and do what I want yeah?

dumbbot
    Free Member

Nowt, freehub exploded at mugdock on Wednesday…new wheels en route, but yodel so i’m not holding my breath.

carlos
    Free Member

Shoulder is still a little on the tender side ATM, so maybe another easy one round the Forest tomorrow morning whilst the Mrs is out.

Sunday is proper ride day, so off to The Conwy Mountain and beyond, if the shoulders ok, we’ll throw in a coupe of cheeky loops too 😉

typer
    Free Member

None, but I’m heading up to Laggan on thursday followed by three days in Torridon so I don’t feel as though I’m missing out this weekend 🙂

13thfloormonk

Quite excited actually, after a very gradual return to ‘proper’ riding (road only right enough) I’ve got a 70km ride planned from the in-laws.

Have spotted a landrover track which will allow me to link up a pretty good circuit of Perthshire singletrack roads. Would suit a gravel bike perfect as the landy track actually looks in pretty good nick, but since I don’t have a proper gravel bike I’ll just stick some 40c slicks on my 29er 8)

Braco – Cultybraggan – Glen Artney – Arivurichardich – Calendar – Drummond Road – Cycle path/old railway to Dunblane – Auchinlay road to Cromlix -Kinbuck Road back to Braco

Should earn me a couple of burgers at the Braco Duck Race BBQ that afternoon 😀

prawny

fathomer – Member
    Cannock in the morning, trying to seek out some off piste, will probably do some of the main trails as well.

Same here, got to be home for 7 though to get the kids to swimming and take the car for a service so an early ass start is required 😐

edd

Planning riding both days on the Mendips fitted around spending some time with Dad. The weather’s looking great, just a shame I can’t head out tonight.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Lakes, round Whinlatter/Braithwaite/Grisedale Pike on Sat

canopy
    Free Member

first ride since i ate shit pretty bad a fortnight ago. amazed how quick i’ve recovered really. planning on a fairly long, if uneventful random meander around the quantocks. bit of re-exploring. hoping to get out super early, but if i sleep in i won’t complain. i’ll bosh some pain killers and be out of the door as soon as can be arsed 🙂

also, it’s my last fathers day as a non-dad (#2/3rds dad?) 🙂

fathomer

prawny – Member
    Same here, got to be home for 7 though to get the kids to swimming and take the car for a service so an early ass start is required 🙁

I ‘might’ be out of bed for then 😀

soundninjauk

Was planning on heading down to the Surrey Hills, but the engineering works between Clapham Junction and Dorking have put paid to that. Thinking a few laps of Richmond Park on the road bike, unless some incredibly charitable soul in west London wants to give me a lift!

Tracey

With the dry weather we have had this week we will be up onto Cutgate early in the morning before it gets too hot. Just picked up a new battery operated toy but will still be normal pedaling. I bet it will fly up them climbs

MoreCashThanDash

Gentle 20 mile pootle in the morning to hit my 100 mile weekly target and 2000 miles for the year (behind target)

Then an hour playing at Derby velodrome on Sunday

momo

Visiting friends tomorrow but I’ve got plans for a big road ride on Sunday morning while MrsMomo takes LittleMissMomo to visit her folks.

jedi

i’m going to be staying in castleton and riding

Tracey

Have fun in the Peak. Cavedale should be good before all the walkers appear or late on when they have gone home

Bregante

My first Ride To The Sun.

Can’t wait.

matt_outandabout

Thinking about MtKeen tomorrow..

mrhoppy

Me and hoppy jr are going bikepacking as Mrs hoppy is working this weekend.

timber

First proper planned ride since the Mini Miss arrived.
    Will be leaving blood samples around Nant yr Arian.

sb
    Free Member

After riding Brightons Stanmer park for years and recently riding there almost daily in prep for the Brighton big dog mtb race in August today I decided to venture a bit farther afield….. I ended up stumbling upon the almost mythical and only talked about in hushed tones ‘secret’ tracks in nearby woods. Maybe 10-15 minutes of jumps and berms and mostly downhill….
    By pure chance friends are having their 1 year olds first birthday picnic in the park tomorrow.
    I’ll be taking my bike.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

On Thursday, I rode my first ever true cat4 climbs, going up Beacon Hill via two different routes and Old Winchester Hill.

Tomorrow, I plan to do Beacon and Old Winchester again, but then carry on to to cat4 on the west side of Butser Hill. Early start at 0600ish to avoid the midday heat! 8)

jam-bo

Last minute wild camp on dartmoor. Left at 8.30p, back home in time for second breakfast.

milky1980
    Free Member

Have just finished a week of nights (got home at 7am this morning) and was planning on an early morning blast on Sunday round Cwmcarn before going to see my dad. But seeing as it’s bloody amazing out I’m going to do the Beacons Gap this evening 😀

Will see if I can get an evening shot of the Gap, provided it’s not heaving with walkers…

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Lovely weather this morning. Too hot now though! Walton hath, Headley Heath, Box Hill.

Alex

A proper day out in the FoD/Yat tomorrow. Riding from home which makes it a a) 70-80km day and b) means I can get drunk in the sunshine afterwards. Although the 10km from my Ross to my house up a 135m hill is always a bit of a challenge after long ride and lots of beer.

Might have to call in the SSV*

Oh and that wild camp looked ace!

*Spousal Support Vehicle 🙂

sargey

Dragons back at coed y brenin this morning, bit disappointed to be honest.

tomhoward

Off to hamsterley tomorrow for the trail attack race.

Potentially 5 laps of transmission, accelerator and nitrous the back to the top. In baking heat. Marvellous 😐

snotrag

Absolutely stunning today in the Dales. High up in Swaledale earning some cake at the Dales Bike Centre.

upload html free

maxtorque

jam bo
    Last minute wild camp on dartmoor

Great pics, looks brilliant! Well Jealous!

SaxonRider

South Wales

garage-dweller

Queen Elizabeth Park in Hampshire today. Was quieter than I’d expected biker wise but full of half and full marathon runners.

Met some really nice people while catching my breath at a couple of points on the way round and even braved a couple of the little table tops that I usually try and squash and made it up that funny steep climb from the fireroad near the end without dabbing.

Hope you all enjoyed your rides (you know the bit after I had gone). 🙂

flanagaj
    Free Member

Wilton MTB ride to visit Grovely Wood and the ancient Beech tree associated with the Handsel sisters who were accused by the locals of being witches and subsequently murdered for apparently being responsible for the smallpox outbreak in the village in 1737 😯

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grovely_Wood

The UK has some amazing history.

ebennett

Did a big loop round coniston water and Ambleside, ran into some nice fellas who guided me round loughrigg which was appreciated as I was getting very bored of looking at the VB guide constantly (first time round there). Parking up at High Cross was a mistake though, slogging up a hill is not the best way to end a big ride 😀

scotroutes

A loop round the Northern Cairngorms

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VFTGJX]P1040283[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

A family hill walk around the three Cairnwell hills. Eldest_oab took his bike. Three munro’s done, one rock vs mech interface meant last one was a push/chain less descent.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding Plans and Pics?’ is closed to new replies.