Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Weekend Riding Plans?
  • jekkyl

Cannock for me tonight. I went on Wednesday night and had a fantastic time. Started off about 8 and finished for 10. Highlight was the group of about 10 deer that I startled on the trail and they all jumped away about 5 metres and turned to stare at me and me at them. Also, descending upper cliff with a golden red sunset above was pretty special. Word is that high voltage and Devil’s staircase is back open so I’m going back for some more tonight.

What are you lot up to?

jonba
    Free Member

Train to London in about 60 minutes. Riding home tomorrow (Newcastle). Glad the weather forecast looks nice 🙁

sandwicheater

Off to the Lakes for lots of MTB fun, whoop!!

faustus

Long ride in the Purbecks tomorrow morning. Can’t wait.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Roadie in the South Downs for me..

Yay !

ton

swaledale/reeth with essel hopefully.

Pickers

212km Audax on Sunday. One cafe and two pub stops. At least.

Northwind

Off to Glenlivet for the scottish enduro series. ****ed my back last weekend so not totally sure I can race but it’s all booked so, what the hell, practice tomorrow then race or marshall sunday.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some family visiting this weekend but managed to wangle a pass to go racing tomorrow 🙂 That’ll be it for me this weekend though.

pete68
    Free Member

Easy couple of hours tomorrow with a pub stop. Sunday will be either the Summer Monkey 6hr race or a long road ride. I’ve also got a 110 miler planned for Tuesday.

proutster
    Free Member

Racing innit! PMBA Enduro practice tomorrow and race Sunday – yippee, really looking forward to it 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Given the week I’ve had I need to ride all day tomorrow whatever the weather, in fact the more miserable it is the better as it still won’t be as bad as I feel

Tracey

+ 1for the PMBA Enduro at Lee Quarry. Abigale is racing, weather not looking too good

carlos
    Free Member

Saturday – Penmachno in the rain

Sunday – A bit of cheeky round Stanage, Hathersage, Eyam 😆 in the rain

No matter the weather we always end up smiling and having a giggle

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

swaledale/reeth with essel hopefully.

He’s made me feel guilty for being a fair weather rider/pussy/wimp/tart etc etc…
    Hope I don’t get wet else there’ll be bother. 😛

dknwhy

Bikepacking on the cross bike from Calais to Bruges and back for the weekend with my best mate. Life doesn’t get much better. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m for a 60k local ride tomorrow, been meaning to do it for ages. 90% off-road, happy days,

hjghg5
    Free Member

Flying to stockholm tomorrow and hopefully hiring a bike on sunday.

core

Bit of spannering tomorrow, followed by a decent ride Sunday I hope, weather permitting.

darrenspink
    Free Member

¡ENDURO!

Harry_the_Spider

Road ride at 5:30am. Back for 7:30 before the kids get up.

whitestone
    Free Member

After two of the flattest rides I’ve ever done (had to go down to Cambridge for work so got a couple of rides in) I think I’ll head for some long XC riding round the Dales. Got two weeks until the YD300, gulp!

crezzy

Sadly no pedalling for me as ive got to milk the cows this weekend,but inbetween doing that I’ll be sorting my bikes and kit out ready for mountain mayhem next week and if I don’t break myself there I’ll be doing a half marathon on my fat bike on morcombe bay the following weekend

Beagleboy

A good friend is taking me for a tour around Peeble’s natural trails tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Although my legs are still murdered from the first ride on my new CX bike mid-week. 😛

sargey

Riding to Cosford on Sunday to watch the airshow.

MoreCashThanDash

118km audax on Sunday with a mate who’s last recorded ride was 18 miles at an average 12mph.

One control at a cafe, one at an “ice cream farm”. Suspect other stops will be required.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Riding to Cosford on Sunday to watch the airshow

I might do that, but was planning on not actually going in, just watching from somewhere localish to avoid irritated car drivers 😀

benji
    Free Member

No riding tomorrow, but summer fat monkey on Sunday, last big rude before mayhem the following weekend.

ahsat

Continuing theme for me of post prolapse recovery cx ride with built in cake stop. Then trip to see our mate who got knocked off his bike in the week with a pile of bike magazines as he is pretty much bed bound. Tomorrow a swim before my parents drop their dog off for us to dog sit for 3 weeks!!

ononeorange

Bugger. Wait for ever for dry trails and then barred from riding by the doc. Am so envious of you lot – makes me realise how lucky we are when we can ride.

In consolation (for me at least, I know it’s selfish!) the weather is atrocious today.

carlos
    Free Member

carlos – Member
    Saturday – Penmachno in the rain

Sunday – A bit of cheeky round Stanage, Hathersage, Eyam in the rain

No matter the weather we always end up smiling and having a giggle

Well it didn’t rain at Penmachno and the trails were pretty dry tbh, for Penmachno of course..

Fingers crossed tomorrow’s weather for the cheeky ride is a repeat of today.

mcnultycop

60km road and towpath on the CX bike today, up to Hebden Bridge and back. Good day.

Lakes tomorrow, not sure where though, on the hardtail.

badnewz
    Free Member

Local loop tomorrow as the weather is due to buck up although given the rain today it will be a muddy one.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

just had the call to go to the long mynd mtbing, but had planned a road ride, which will be cheaper, less hassle, but more lonely…lest the turmoil commence…

randomtim
    Free Member

Get up, fix puncture from last sunday then head to Wakerley and continue exploring the place

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody great ride in the Downs on the roadie… That’s satisfied me.
    And..
    Jet washed the foldie, bit of lube, quick spin in readiness for taking it back to Town.

Stunning evening 8)

iainc

Hilly local road loop last night, now dithering over GT or Mugdock in morn. GT is £15 more in diesel and parking, plus an extra hour and a bit in the car all in….. Local @ Mugdock winning at no and should be dry trails 😀

Beagleboy

Just back from a 50km loop around the hills and glens that surround Peebles. Absolutely fabulous day out with nary a soul to be seen.

Rolling hills, silence, fabulous scenery, bone dry single track and double track. It was brilliant, what an amazing bit of the country.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding Plans?’ is closed to new replies.