Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Weekend plans and pics….
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sorry Jekkyl!…

After popping my back out last Sunday night, I feel it’s time to try a wee ride, so will try a local loop, around 50k, no huge climbing, but nice all the same.

You?.

River Ayr way by [/url] – Flickr2BBcode LITE

garage-dweller

Not sure yet. Kids are back from a week with their grandparents tomorrow so it might be nice to get out riding with them at some point. I mashed my shoulder on holiday a couple of weeks back so like the OP something not too full on.

mcnultycop

I’ve got an uplift ticket for BPW on Sunday but I’m struggling to motivate myself to drive down there.

Otherwise, road bike round Saddleworth/West Yorkshire.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got an uplift ticket for BPW on Sunday but I’m struggling to motivate myself to drive down there.

Man up. I’d be there in a minute if it wasn’t for the 8 hour drive

mcnultycop

4 hour drive each way…

I may go, may not.

lowey

I’ve got an uplift ticket for BPW on Sunday but I’m struggling to motivate myself to drive down there

Seriously.. have a word with yourself.

Tricky weekend for me. Got to take youngest to Leeds fest on Sat, leaving me free from 2pm.. too late for a lakes ride. BUT.. Sunday is looking like I might be able to sneak out.

Helvellyn, birkside, Dunmail Raise, Grisedale tarn… Grisedale. Reckon I can sneak it. forecast is good. Giddy.

DezB
    Free Member

Me and DezbJr spent a couple of days at BPW this week. Bloody awesome.
    Get yourself over there! Bet it’ll be damn busy on a Sunday though!

paladin

did my weekend riding midweek, it consisted of a trip to Falls of Glomach…

Followed by a Tour de Beinn Fhadda

qwerty
    Free Member

BBB for me.

whitestone
    Free Member

YD200 for me.

Sandwich

It’s a bank holiday, people are on holiday so I’m working (again) 🙄

tomhoward

Driving to torq today, from Leeds.
    Riding torq tomorrow
    Driving home from torq monday

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Walk to the not so locals beer festival. I may get out Sunday, more likely for a ride round the non existent singletrack of Friston

dawson

Got all day to myself, but struggling to get off the sofa.

Have ridden 6 of the last 7 days, as family are away, but they are back tonight, so I should get off my arse really

kayla1
    Free Member

We had a bit of monster bimble yesterday so today’s taken up with making noises (aaargh! My thighs! etc…) Tomorrow and Monday are a blank canvas.

aide

Maintenance/cleaning the bike today as im doing st Cuthbert’s way tomorrow/monday

jekkyl

I’m in the lakes (woohoo) but without a bike (booo) with the family. It’s like being at Wonka’s factory but not being allowed to eat anything.. We’re staying at Barrow house with our 1yr and 6yr old. Today’s plan was to climb Catbells but the wife has a headache (sneer) so it might just be round Buttermere and into Keswick for shops n tea.
    It’s always magical in the Lakes for me so I can’t complain…..too much.
    Evening stroll by Derwentwater last night..

I did bring my bike lights so I might get the chance to do some night walking when the kids are in bed tonight

btw I don’t consider this thread title ‘mine’ as it were, anyone is more than welcome to start it.. I only tend to do it if I have plans or bored at work on Friday.

milky1980
    Free Member

As long as someone does it, great for motivation to get out!

Going to try and avoid the crowds like I always do on a bank holiday weekend, so that rules out most riding near me! Going to go and hide at Cwm Rhaeadr this afternoon and do as many laps as I can, never seen more than 4 people there ever. Then if I’ve got any energy in the morning I’ll go for a quick road ride or a quick early lap of Cwmcarn depending upon my mood. Working Sunday and Monday night (by choice) so won’t have to worry about crowded trails then!

chakaping
    Free Member

Started the weekend yesterday afternoon, introducing the B-plus Solaris to my local trails. They got on very well…

oldnpastit

Epic ride with eldest son into the middle of nowhere.

oldnpastit

North Harris.

ebennett

Also started the weekend early with a ride in the dark peak yesterday, wee walk up Rivington with the missus this morning, dinner with friends tonight in Manchester, probably lying about with a hangover tomorrow, then I’ve got a pass to ride again on Monday. Pretty good weekend hopefully!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Finally rode up the “Bell Hill To The Top” cat3 segment north of Petersfield yesterday as part of a ~51 mile ride, but annoyingly, I had a “man down” moment beforehand on the sweeping downhill right before the start of the “Mercury Drop” near Butser Hill.

Apparently I was doing ~27mph on the approach, scrubbed some speed off with the hydraulic brakes on my road bike, but the tyres refused to find any grip. Bike was absolutely fine, my left arm/hip/leg got scratched up, very kind holidaying couple stopped and sorted me out with some wipes to clean the superficial wounds.

Either tomorrow or Monday, think I’m going to head back towards Petersfield and this time try the “Full Little Switzerland” cat3 ascent http://www.strava.com/segments/8405920

GolfChick
    Free Member

Joined in with a women’s ride on zwift last night to see me upto 84 miles this week so far. Just got to mboy’s to pick him up because we’re heading up to Scotland and staying with his mate in peebles. Full days riding tomorrow and Monday, not sure where yet, I’m hoping Yair as it’s my favourite but anywhere will do me. Think Golfie is on the agenda!

dawson

Got off the sofa and did 57miles on my singlespeed. Really warm and sunny. Worksop, Rother Valley, TPT south, Five Pits trail, Glapwell, Stockley trail. Then Clowne, Whitwell and home

weedb

Aberdeen half marathon tomorrow, might get a wee ride in in the afternoon.

kayak23

Revolution Bikepark yesterday and Nant yr Arian today.
    Awesome 🙂

Took a stack at Revs on my last run in the bottom of Ghetto. Over the bars into the roots and rocks so a bit tender today but all good.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WQbbBA]Nant yr Arian, August 2017[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WQb9VE]Nant yr Arian, August 2017[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XQPXEN]Nant yr Arian, August 2017[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WSoWJX]Nant yr Arian, August 2017[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

Bregante

Bit of a dull pic but a cracking early morning 65 mile road ride in the hills to the north of Bolton.

bruneep

was ok suppose

poah
    Free Member

Awesome stuff Bruneep

I went to glentress on my own and minced down some of the trails with a New Zealander named Obi that I met on the way up to the mast

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0a3IuAcFLg[/video]

bruceonabike
    Free Member
    Goldigger
    Free Member

Rode the blue with my 5 year old at whinlatter, left him with my wife in the cafe and rode the red..
    Bit of a climb but we’ll worth it for the final decent.
    Sorry no pics as no Wi-Fi and signal is crap.

Northwind

Trailbuilding this morning, wee ride at glentress after to shake down my rebuilt bike, blew up the shock, I suppose that’s the point of a shakedown, to make things go wrong…

Comrie tomorrow on the fatbike.

colournoise

Finally ticked the Ranger Path off my list Friday. Conditions up top were – erm – interesting…

Then a chilled spin round Llandegla this morning.

whitestone
    Free Member

@oldnpastit – is that the track in to Sron Ulladal?

Goldigger
    Free Member

View at the top of the red route at whinlatter

waspsnest
    Free Member

No pics, but I’m back home in the Highlands on holiday (now London based).

Did the Sligachan to Camusanary route (out and back) on Tuesday and the Ben Nevis red yesterday.

Having an amazing time, much to the dismay of the family….

chakaping
    Free Member

Lovely light yesterday evening in local woods…

dumbbot
    Free Member

Boring local ride as i couldn’t be bothered getting in the car and driving to any good stuff. Probably just as well I didn’t ride any tech stuff as I would likely folded the wheel due to some hideously loose spokes and no spoke key…

robbo1234biking

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XwkcvC]Untitled[/url] by Rob, on Flickr

A local spin on the new bike. First proper road outing (well with a bit of gravel paths thrown in). Really enjoyed it actually. Roads were incredibly quiet.

Then this afternoon a little pootle with the wife and son on the seat on the back of my bike finishing at the pub with a pint and pack of crisps.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Weekend plans and pics….’ is closed to new replies.