Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Weekend of boredem = project time
  • cruzer
    Free Member

Well after having nothing to do this weekend, due to not having a bike at present, meant that i had some free time on my hands. so i decided to design a fixie that id been mentally designing for the past 6 months.

Its not completely finished at present, but intrested to know what people think.

So far the frames 90% done (just need to figure out the position for the rear brake, thinking about mounting it between the chain stays) wheels are finish (complete with prototype I9 inspired hubs).

Ive designed the frame to have a carbon seattube intergrated into a titanium frame.

Anyways, heres some pictures

sambob
    Free Member

Why would a fixie have a rear brake?

cruzer
    Free Member

simply because i wouldnt trust myself with only riding with a front brake. just personal preference really. annoyingly it looks so clean without one, hense the reason i want to hide it on the chainstays instead the conventional mounting on the seatstays

sambob
    Free Member

Fair enough. Might get gunk off the chain on the pads if it’s at the chainstays mind.

cruzer
    Free Member

Starting to think i need to get out more…

but any how, heres a few updates. Still some work to do with the rear brake mounting, just cant get it to look right.

If you get a few minutes please take a look and let me know what you think.

Pictures are here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Weekend of boredem = project time’ is closed to new replies.