Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Weekend in Whistler
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

Work’s sending me on a trip to Vancouver in two weeks and I plan to swing by Whistler for a weekend.

I mainly ride trail/AM and was wondering what the best approach for a weekend of great riding is.

Is hiring a guide a good idea? As such, is it best to go with a mountain biking package holiday provider? If so, which one?

What sort of cost would I be looking at? I will require bike rental.

Cheers!
    Peter

treefeller
    Free Member

Just been on holiday to Vancouver and went to whistler for a day, didn’t ride but looked at trail map- extensive and well labelled -I would say no need for a guide, especially if you’re familiar with somewhere like morzine . Loads of places to hire bikes, lots of Giant reigns. Probably end up costing towards 200 dollars. Enjoy!

plumber
    Free Member

Squamish

bluebird
    Free Member

In Whistler I’d say no, you can do it unguided. In Squamish you might be better off with someone showing you around. And it’s definitely worth going to Squamish. I’d do a day at each.

sparkerfix

Be fine in Whistler. Squamish an Pemberton you’d get more out of it with a guide. For a couple of days there’s plenty round Whistler. A day in the bike park being one of them.

BearBack
    Free Member

We have some availability after a big group departure on Saturday. Drop us a line as we can make things as simple as possible which will let you get the most from your short time.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If you just want showing around the park gimme a shout I’ll happily show you around.

Edit: crankworx opening weekend… Bring your drinking shoes too

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Squamish for a good pedal.

Whistler for uplift style stuff.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Whistler for uplift style stuff.

For a good compromise, get a Top of the world ticket and take take the Top of the World down to Khyber Pass and follow any of the trails there back down to Creekside. About an hours worth of descending without having to pedal to the top of the hill.

And take BearBack up, you’ll have a sweet day for sure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Weekend in Whistler’ is closed to new replies.