Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Weekend cycling plans?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Peaslake MTB Orienteering tomorrow. Glad to report another good friend is getting into mountain biking

jekkyl

Funnily enough maxtorque we’re on our way to Bala today. As per Op day one on our tour took us from Stoke to Chester via lots and lots of Cheshire lanes. I used the cyclestreet website to plot the route and choosing the ‘quietest’ option it’s picked up lots of cracking little lanes and tracks, barely touched any major roads. Navigating with my new Aldi Garmin I’ve been very impressed. 50-60 miles to Bala today and I’m betting there’ll be a few more hills than yesterday.

IdleJon

Maxtorque, I’m assuming you went up Cadair Idris on Saturday? A bunch of us climbed it yesterday (Sunday) with unbroken blue skies and barely any wind. There were still icicles on the shelter at the top though. It was a good day! 🙂

maxtorque

IdleJon
    Maxtorque, I’m assuming you went up Cadair Idris on Saturday? A bunch of us climbed it yesterday (Sunday) with unbroken blue skies and barely any wind

Gits! It was 40mph gusts, and clouds down to about 300m (500 below the summit) on Sat when we went up. Pretty much as we arrived back down to the Van at about tea time the clouds cleared and the sun came out………….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just in case you haven’t seen this thread, @maxtorque you might not want to look

Cadir Idris on a glorious day

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Weekend cycling plans?’ is closed to new replies.