Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Weekend Cycling plans (& pics)
  • jekkyl

20/01/2017
    Weather looks dry for the most part, probably sub zero temps but dry for the Pootle on sunday, wrap up warm and take a flask! (& cake)
    I’m likely over Cannock way Saturday night with a forumite, looking forward to it. The temp will be all wrong, cold enough to be cold but not cold enough so that the mud freezes over.
    Where you off on two wheels this weekend then?

Pook

No plans.

dirkpitt74

Off to Coed Y Brenin tomorrow morning for the weekend with some workmates.

weeksy

Fri done with a Zwift session. Sat morning potentially an 8am ride out on the Ridgeway type stuff. If i do that i’ll rest Sund…. If i don’t do that i’ll do the same sort of ride Sund instead.

jekkyl

Minus 3 for your pootle pook. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcqxtqrmx

I was over the dark peak on monday and there was a lot of ground water about, very sodden grass etc. Have you got thermal long johns? 😕 😉

shortcut

Tomorrow morning – I shall mostly be riding my fat bike. The remainder of the weekend is all about preparation to go away with the bike for a month with the bike for a bit of racing, a few trails, a bungee jump etc.

February is going to be awesome.

lowey

First ride after buggering my hand up in Buttermere two weeks ago so wanted something a bit easier than Lakeland tech.

Then I remembered a route that DeeJay sent me about 7 years ago and made plans to ride it together. Various dates were mentioned but life just got in the way. Sadly, I’ll now never get chance to ride it with him, so I’m going to have a bimble around it hopefully in sunshine, probably get lost a few times, then raise a glass to him tomorrow night.

poah
    Free Member

comrie croft to test out the luftkappe

mcnultycop

Got a new road bike 2 weeks ago and I haven’t had the chance to ride yet due to illness. Do some saddle and bar setting then I’ll be out on that, hopefully.

Then probably head to the LBS to rebuild the wheels as 21 spoke wheels are probably a stupid idea for a big lad.

nathb
    Free Member

Crit tomorrow afternoon, Sunday will be a recovery ride.

thenorthwind

Possibly a 20 mile XC loop from Edmundbyers tomorrow morning.

Walking in the Lakes Sunday so that’ll be it.

chvck
    Free Member

Got some friends coming over so rideout to nant-y-arian plus extras tomorrow, ride near devils bridge on sunday and dyfi forest on monday. Tempted to take this afternoon off and ride but I’d like to be able to walk on Tuesday…

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m planning on around a hundred road miles over the weekend. Not sure how it will be spread over the two days yet and it will depend on how the 40th birthday party I’m going to tonight turns out. I do know the riding will involve a visit to The Bike Bus for coffee though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This, but I hope the frost buggers awf.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Saturday racing Central League CX Milton Keynes.

Sunday racing Wessex League CX Abingdon.

Monday feeling slightly broken and wondering why I’m doing another double header the following weekend…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ha ha crashtestmonkey has replied exactly what I Was going to say .. 😀

damascus
    Free Member

Strathpuffa! Hopefully see some of you there.

fifeandy
    Free Member

The plan says 3hrs zone2 tomorrow morning.
    The body says 3hrs in bed tomorrow morning.

Maybe i’ll flip a coin to see which wins!

prawny

Binned it on black ice on my commute today so Sunday’s planned ‘fat ride of the dog’ experiment is looking doubtful, no broken bones though so I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

Just for fun –

[video]https://youtu.be/KnFAJu8WUzc[/video]

fifeandy
    Free Member

Binned it on black ice on my commute today

Ouch, not even steering or braking by the look of it.

carlos
    Free Member

The Clwyds tomorrow for a bit of an explore

prawny

fifeandy – Member
    Binned it on black ice on my commute today

Ouch, not even steering or braking by the look of it.

Nope 24mph straight line then on my arse. Plenty of skin lost.

nathb
    Free Member

Nice of the fiesta driver to check you were okay @prawny 😆

prawny

I thought that. At least they didn’t run me over 😆

GolfChick
    Free Member

Zwift either tonight or tomorrow I reckon, then riding the gap in the brecon beacons on Sunday with a new group of people, hopefully they’re all pretty nice! Not ridden there before, weather looks ok moisture wise but quite cool so will try and pick up some slightly more thermal gloves tomorrow if I can find a local shop with some in stock!

beltaine
    Free Member

Been out on the local for a pootle this morning. The tracks are drying well with the frost. Back out again tomorrow morning. 🙂

canopy
    Free Member

riding my local (quantocks) very early for the first time since dec 11th, not been slack, just riding elsewhere for a change.

riding with a colleague who has a new bike that knows a few bits in the area we’re riding (west of triscombe), but most will be ‘classic’ quantocks.. letting him dictate he’s the one who got me started properly up there.

ahsat

New cross bike has turned up…but so have the parents! Think I’ll just be stood looking at it for a while longer 🙁

asbrooks

An hour on the turbo in the garage for me.

iainc

Couple of laps of Cathkin with the kids tomorrow afternoon.

Sunday either Arrochar Alps or Drumlanrig for shakedown ride on new bike

hairyscary

Pit bitch ar the Strathpuffer.
    Why do I agree to do this?

allfankledup

Round trip via country lanes to cycle club bake off competition… then taking the kids to Super Quaich on Sunday in Ayr – they’re racing CX, I might get some more miles in by riding home…

Marin
    Free Member

Was going ride hills round back of Conwy. Now full of snot so maybe, maybe not.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Ouch Prawny – that looked nasty.

Took the road bike out to see the sun – from the Hogs Back to Devils Punchbowl and back.
    Quite fancy some XC tomorrow, but my body is currently saying otherwise

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Hoping to be riding on the South Downs as the sun comes up on Sunday. Could be stunning.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Quick couple of hours in the morning then might have a pootle on Sunday round the Peak District

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWmbuKSWLDE[/video]

loving it 🙂 #macwinter

Ben_H

No pics, but I just did a ride down memory lane (so to speak) while staying with my parents this weekend. I did a loop of the trails that I first rode >20 years ago when I was growing up in coastal south Wales.

It’s refreshing – and ageing! – to do this sort of thing now and again.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Whereabouts Ben?

antigee

Local loop part gravel, part trails, some road on CX stylee/drop bar hybrid – adding in some loops and hills to hit 1000m of ascent…….or maybe not
    ( ridewithgps corrected on upload 🙁 )…need to take bike upstairs tomorrow to get that extra 4m!

but the riding was good 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Cycling plans (& pics)’ is closed to new replies.