Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Weekend cycling plans?
  • jekkyl

Just a moderate weekend for me, planning on a 25mile ish ride along the cheshire lanes and bridleways tomorrow night with my mate, we’ll likely stop for a pint and some crisps towards the end though.

Weather looks pretty good for Saturday but less so for Sunday.
    What have you got planned?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My 16 year old daughter is over from Canada. We are taking my 3 year old boy out around Fleet Pond woods for a couple of hours of riding tomorrow.

I will get more out of that than a week at BPW.

Local woods couple of hours tonight and Sunday morning.

Keva
    Free Member

got to be on call out for work tonight and all day Saturday but I have Sunday free so will hopefully be off for a cross country 40miler. Maybe take a map and some extra food and add extra 5-10miles if I feel up to it.

carlos
    Free Member

Llangollen on Sunday, probably in the rain looking at the forecast. This is if I can source and fit new wheel and freehub bearings today and tomorrow

trail_rat
    Free Member

morning jaunt on the road rat round my old stomping ground.

trail_rat
    Free Member

morning jaunt on the road rat round my old stomping ground.

colournoise

Ard Rock. Practice loop tomorrow and the full thing on Sunday. Weather a slight concern…

stumpy01

Hmmm. What have I got planned….

Cut conifer hedge to a manageable height between me & neighbour, with his help.
    Several visits to the tip.
    Cut the lawn.
    Continue decorating a bedroom in the house.
    Try to get a load of clutter that I sorted out ‘for ebay’ actually put up on ebay.

Perhaps sneak out for a short ride early on Sun morning? 🙁 😐

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

carlos – Member
    Llangollen on Sunday, probably in the rain looking at the forecast. This is if I can source and fit new wheel and freehub bearings today and tomorrow

Woah woah woah – the weathers supposed to be nice here on Sunday!
    I’ll be in sunny Dudmaston anyway, riding dry and dusty trails at the last round of the Midlands XC.
    Definitely dry and dusty.
    Allegedly.

fathomer

Ard Rock for me this weekend, hopefully I won’t break myself or the bike!

trailhound101

Bike all packed for this afternoon’s SleazyJet to Geneva …Yaaaaayyyyy! Dead chuffed me!

carlos
    Free Member

Woah woah woah – the weathers supposed to be nice here on Sunday!

Oh I do hope so. Looked like a rain front moving in on last nights weather report.

ferrals
    Free Member

I was planning on a trip up to the Dudmaston race as the course looks mint, but I’m having an austerity august due to cross bike purchasing, and the fuel for a 6 hr round trip doesn’t compute with that 😥

Instead prob a ride round local trails in the sunshine tomorrow arvo and then a bit of training on Sunday in the rain.

longmover
    Free Member

100 – 150km around West Cornwall tomorrow morning on the road bike, weather is looking good.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

@Carlos – was sunny when I left Chirk this morning. Is sunny in Os now. Even BBC weather says its gonna be ok! I am hopeful.

@ferrals – do it! It was my favourite track from last year!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Train to chesterfield, ride monsal trail,bit of pennine and then tissington trail,camping in ashbourne,next day ride back to birmingham via canals home , just a tad over 100 miles of steady riding the cx bike with panniers

wilko1999
    Free Member

Weekend in FoD. Saturday chilled day playing on the DH tracks at Pedalabikeaway, Sunday all-day off-piste singletrack epic, can’t wait 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Racing this evening then heading out on the cx bike tomorrow. Might even treat myself and ride my tubs!

Not cycling related but I’m going out for a climb Saturday afternoon as well

willard

Bike testing in the morning at a local trail center. Shoudl be fun.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve got a 100mile+ road ride with the club on Sunday, coffee and cake in Frampton on Severn 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ardrock.

Weather looking better all the time guys – it was looking like a total washout but as I was saying to one of my partners in crime yesterday, its looked like a dry week up there this week, tomorrow is looking dry and even Sunday is now looking like overcast with an odd shower – could have been a LOT worse!

tops5
    Free Member

Ard Rock lite on Saturday

Gisburn on the way home Sunday

scaled
    Free Member

Ard rock here as well, got a DHR II to fo on the back as i dont think the 90% worn Mavic semi slick thing would do me very well

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Out with (road) club Sunday morning. Not sure I’ll fit in an MTB ride as well

P-Jay
    Free Member

Crack of dawn drive from Cardiff to Snowdon for Antur Stiniog uplift day, staying over, early start ride Betws y Coed on the way back south home for tea and medals mid-afternoon.

nickc

Another one going to Ard Rock on Sunday, weather looking like light showers at worst.

ferrals
    Free Member

Adam@BikeWorks – Member

@ferrals – do it! It was my favourite track from last year!

yeah last years video looked amazing! I’ll have to wait till next year though – part of my bargaining with the wife for n+1 was ‘If I dont go to Dudmaston I’ll save £100 which is a big it towards the bike already!’

wrightyson
    Free Member

Another ard rock entry here. Looking forward to a pint or two on the Saturday night with Sundays lot no doubt looking on enviously.
    Looking very warm though for open Moor land riding 😯

Haze

Local road race Sunday, Tour of the Wrekin…so just a steady spin out tomorrow to stretch the legs.

iainc

think I’ll have an early Sat morn trip to Drumlanrig – not been in ages…

Bregante

Local MTB ride at Littleborough tomorrow and an early morning road spin around some quiet Cheshire lanes on Sunday.

Subject to the appropriate permission from the delectable Mrs B.

dpfr

Now I have the repaired Solace back, a blat round the Goyt in the (forecast) bright sunshine

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Fly to Alicante tomorrow, spend a week there, then ride home.

proutster
    Free Member

‘Ard Rock for me too. Practice tomorrow afternoon then full GNARRRRRR on Sunday 😀

Packing just finished, excited now!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Just heading off to do a practice loop of the EWS In Whistler. Little bit of the same tomorrow, and race day Sunday.

Should be good, little tough, but good.

proutster
    Free Member

Hob Nob
    Just heading off to do a practice loop of the EWS In Whistler. Little bit of the same tomorrow, and race day Sunday.

Should be good, little tough, but good.

OK, you saw our ‘Ard Rock and raised it with an EWS in Whistler – I fold, you win 😀

slordy
    Free Member

Another ard rocker here, all packed and ready practice tomorrow race sunday might try a few shandys sat night, weather looking better so all good

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Weekend cycling plans?’ is closed to new replies.