Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Weekend cycling plans?
  • jekkyl

Well this weekend my mate and I are having a bit of a north wales tour. We’re cycling to Machynlleth from Stoke over 2 days, split into nice liesurely chunks; 30 miles on sat starting approx 3pm, 60 on Sunday and then 30 on Monday before getting the train home in the late afternoon. My weekend will be filled wih cycling, drinking and eating… what’s not to like? 😉
    What are you up to?

sandwicheater

Sounds ace, how much of that is off road?

Quick blast tonight with the dog in the local woods. Hope to get a little video done with the bluebells in bloom.

May get a cheeky road ride tomorrow before work as after that we’re looking after a friends 4 year old plus our own 2 year old so hands will be too full for bike based fun.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Bikepark Wales uplift on Saturday (booked it 3months ago) and road bike with the club on Sunday morning 😀

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Off to Surrey Hills as soon as the kids have left school today – teacher not a parent. Then may sneak a cheeky wet ride tomorrow. Sunday off to help out at the London marathon.

Need to shop for the other halves b’day present in between all that though.

rOcKeTdOg

Riding road Saturday, Wyre Sunday

nedrapier

We’ve got 2 friends riding 75 miles to ours at the moment. If I get home before them, I might have a quick razz around the woods. Riding to the seaside with them tomorrow. 40 miles off-road over the Weald and the South Downs. Table booked for lunch at the Partridge in Singleton. pint and poss fish supper on the beach and a train back.

Weather looks good. Can’t wait! Enjoy your plans all!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Pmba gravity enduro at Grizedale on Sunday for me. Should be good, according to thier FB some of the footpaths they’ll be using are on the rocky side instead of loamy (as in after all the rain they’ve predicted..a mud bath). Proper lakes riding 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Three Counties 100 mile sportive on Sunday out of Holdenby, just north of Northampton. It’s about 7 miles from home to the start and I’m undecided on riding there. I’ve never done 100 miles in a day before. I managed 94 last September and had to give myself a proper talking to for the last 8 of those miles.

Simon

Chainless Challenge at Stainburn tomorrow and then up to Grizedale on Sunday for the PMBA enduro.

gringo

Session with Nathan at UK Bike Skills tomorrow then an offroad ride out with the local lbs Sunday morning and maybe a road ride in the afternoon if I can get a pass from the wife.

senorj

I’m going to sweet talk the missus into letting me go for a 6am blast into darkest Hertfordshire.
    Back for luncheon and toddler taming.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Been a big week for me including 3 1/2 hours today so a few rest days

Pottle with the kids [ 12 ish miles over about 3 hours ] on Sunday if the weather is ok

Next weekend is a Bank Holiday in the Lakes as well so need some legs for that

boblo
    Free Member

Glad you asked… Ferking none. Disabled cretin can’t ride bicycle shocker. Bolleaux. :-/

jonba
    Free Member

My club is running a 2/3/4 road race which I’m riding in. WEather looks pants, there is a bloody snowflake on the BBC for sunday night!

whitestone
    Free Member

Out road biking tomorrow, just a little ride that I’ve been invited on. Well a little over 100 miles apparently plus the not so small matter of several lumpy bits starting with Great Dun Fell and finishing with the Coal Road. 😳

Haze

2nd ever visit to Brenin tomorrow, first time at Nant y Arian on Sunday.

I don’t get out off road much…

_tom_
    Free Member

Working the weekend so did mine today! Had a quick ride at Woburn today, the DH bits are riding so fast at the minute! Almost washed out a few times on loose corners though but so much fun. Came home and did a 15 mile roadie ride. They’re resurfaced a load of the roads on my usual route and it’s just awful at the minute. That crap loose gravelly stuff. Might get out in the evenings this weekend but it’s a bit uninspiring now half the roads are this crappy surface!

postierich
    Free Member

Heading back from Torridon after 5 days might cycle over to Grizedale to heckle the enduro Boyz are they paying marshals and do they need any

scotroutes

Etape Loch Ness (closed road sportive) on Sunday. 3,000+ riders, 6:30 start, 0C forecast and snow showers on the big hill out of Fort Augustus.

kayla1
    Free Member

We’re taking my nephew out for a good turf out after a good week for him at school. I’m really looking forward to it, he’s a brilliant lad 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

whitestone – Member
    Out road biking tomorrow, just a little ride that I’ve been invited on. Well a little over 100 miles apparently plus the not so small matter of several lumpy bits starting with Great Dun Fell and finishing with the Coal Road.

Who are you out with Whitestone ? It’s just that my local club (Garstang cc) are doing the exact same ride, setting off from Sedbergh

cinnamon_girl

Driving the support car for my son who’s cycling to the new Rapha outlet centre. 😀

No riding this weekend for me, spending quality time with my children and family. 8) It will involve talking about bikes though!

Simon

@postierich, the organisers were still looking for marshals earlier this week. They were offering £30 plus lunch.
    Check the PMBA Facebook page.

tomhoward

Chainless challenge tomorrow, possible chance of the summer road bike being unleashed for the first time this year on Sunday.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m riding in a ‘race’ on Sunday to pay homage to Harry Tuinkers and the Liège–Bastogne–Liège race. It’s Leipzig-Braunsbedra-Leipzig. Belgian beer party on Saturday and the race on Sunday over gravel tracks and the worst pave sections this area can muster. Should be fun!

imnotverygood

Kinross Sportivefor me. lookin’ wet

Marin
    Free Member

Up and down Snowdon. Looks like a wet and windy day.

lunge

Road stuff for me. 20 hilly miles with the wife (for those in the area, I’m introducing her to Sheeptrack Lane in Kinver) followed by 15 quicker miles for me on my own.

Sunday I have a hangover planned so riding is out of the question.

core

Rode 13 miles over Long Mynd today, possibly FoD tomorrow or Sunday! 😀

I’m increasingly wanting a road bike though to get some long rides in from home…….

lazybike
    Free Member
    bruneep

Glen Doll to Loch Muick

hopefully the snow that is forcast have past by the time we get onto hill

aP
    Free Member

Probably a bit less than I’d hoped for as I’ve just received a tender that needs to be returned CoP Wednesday, and specifications to finish for Tuesday am…

fathomer

A wet Gisburn tomorrow with an overnight stop, then Lee & Cragg Quarry Sunday with hopefully better weather.

bruneep

Turned out a nae bad day after all. Snow blockage on the trail tho

whitestone
    Free Member

Who are you out with Whitestone ? It’s just that my local club (Garstang cc) are doing the exact same ride, setting off from Sedbergh

Yes it was Garstang CC I was out with – just Michael, Rick W & myself. It was snowing on top and blowing a hoolie. By the time we got back down and to the cafe in Kirkby Stephen we were wet and really chilled so decided to head straight back to Sedbergh. Still 112Km though. As we were heading out of KS we could see that the snow was down to the level of Lamp Moss and it was still sleeting at higher levels. Annoyingly we could also see the radome on top of GDF, about 30 metre visibility when we were up there.

martinhutch

12Km though. As we were heading out of KS we could see that the snow was down to the level of Lamp Moss

What height is that? (Revising tomorrow’s plans…)

whitestone
    Free Member

Lamp Moss is the road between Nateby and Keld, gets to just over 500 metres.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

whitestone – Member
    Yes it was Garstang CC I was out with – just Michael, Rick W & myself. It was snowing on top and blowing a hoolie. By the time we got back down and to the cafe in Kirkby Stephen we were wet and really chilled so decided to head straight back to Sedbergh. Still 112Km though. As we were heading out of KS we could see that the snow was down to the level of Lamp Moss and it was still sleeting at higher levels. Annoyingly we could also see the radome on top of GDF, about 30 metre visibility when we were up there.

Kudus for going out in that sir, Michael said it was effin freezing. Kinda glad I’m at Grizedale enduroing tommorow or else I’d of been with you guys today !

whitestone
    Free Member

It may be one of the biggest climbs in the UK but that also means it’s one of the biggest descents. I was fine at the top, frozen at the bottom.

Michael added another loop to get the hundred miles done!

maxtorque

An early weekend for us in North/Mid wales, with a nice natural loop out from Llangollen on Friday (skiving off work):

Then a good #vanlife stay at a nice Camp/Caravan site near Bala on Friday eve:

Then today we rode, pushed and carried up Cadair Idris, pretty much in the cloud and 40mph gusting wind the whole way:

It felt pretty dam remote and hostile at the summit, and just time to grab a quick selfie (where we both look slightly worried!) and hop onto the bikes for the much more fun ride down again 😉

“proper” mountain biking really, none of this manicured trail center stuff 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Weekend cycling plans?’ is closed to new replies.