Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Weekday Riding Buddies Wanted- SW and S Wales
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Working weekends and Wednesdays for the next couple of months,putting the kybosh on weekend club rides, so looking at getting as much weekday riding in as possible and maybe exploring some bits of S-mid Wales too.. . . . Anyone in a similar position fancy a riding companion?

spokebloke
    Free Member

If you can make it over the bridge have a look at http://www.edgemtb.com

eviljoe
    Free Member

Sounds good-will take a look

I'm Devon based, so anyone Dartmoor/Exmoor/Quantocks based as well as further afield…

valleydaddy
    Free Member

where you staying in S. Wales eviljoe??

plenty of mid week rides about you could join up on 😉

have a look on mtb-wales

eviljoe
    Free Member

Dunno yet- that's the joy of having a van 🙂 was planning on doing Gower and head up from there, want to do some Black Mountains and the Doethe valley again 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Black Mountains and the Doethe valley loads to do there.

put a post up on mtb-wales and usually you'll get someone who'll show you the way!!

there's regular night rides in North Cardiff, Afan, Cwmcarn, Swansea, Swansea Valley, Abergavenny that you can join up on for sure, so a mix of trail centre and natural stuff too

Ambrose

eviljoe, Pete (valleydaddy)- I've resurected the weds pm rides again. We had a fantastic time last night in some of the best secret singletrack I have ridden in a long time- less than a mile from J47 M4. Please- you are more than welcome to join us, any time. Bring a sense of humour and doughnuts to dunk in the pre-ride coffee. I'm based near Ammanford, tending to ride in the Upper Swansea Valley, western Brecon Beacons area.

loughor
    Free Member

Ambrose, that'll be Penllergaer woods then ? Rode that the last time I was home (I'm orginally from the village of my user name), not bad as far as I remember, but very wet. OP – Are the MTB Pigs i Swansea still going ?

Ambrose

MTB Pigs are still going I think. Based out from the Woodsman? at Blackpill. Marcus is about to move to The Hague though.

Penllergaer Woods you say? Never heard of the place 😉 Where I was had loads of nice new paths where the vegetation had been cleared…

eviljoe
    Free Member

Excellent, all sounds good Ambrose! I'll give you a shout when I'm over 🙂

Shall check out MTB wales….. anyone up for some Exmoor/Quantocks fun? c'mon, it's almost spring!

Ambrose

Planning on another Q's ride next weekend. You fancy joining in?

eviljoe
    Free Member

Ambrose- would happily, but having t oearn a crust at weekends now… 😥

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Weekday Riding Buddies Wanted- SW and S Wales’ is closed to new replies.