Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • week long road tour, north of the great glen. idea's
  • ton

hopefully by september, i will be well enough to have a weeks steady pootle/tour

looking to the area north or the great glen.
    whats worth seeing?
    any specific area better than others?
    the odd track could be involved too i suppose.

idea’s welcome please.

swiss01
    Free Member

i’m going up round the coast next month. not quite sure how i’m coming back down the west coast. either straight down the side and via mull or cut out to the western isles and back thru skye and mull. all that west side is lovely.

ton

i quite fancy a week following the coastal roads on the west, hopefully reaching cape wrath and sandwood bay.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m planning taking the train to either Kyle of Lochalsh or Strathcarron then following the coast all the way to Tongue and then down to Lairg for the train home. B&B/bunkhouse style so minimal luggage. I reckon a week should just about do it.

stevious

Bealach na ba and applecross are definitely worth doing. If you’re going to be near gairloch, the lighthouse just north (rubha Reidh) is well worth staying in. The old man of stoer is pretty cool too, just watch out for the bonxies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘week long road tour, north of the great glen. idea's’ is closed to new replies.