Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • week in norfolk – which bike and trail recommendations?
  • Gooner
    Free Member

spending a week in norfolk (happisburgh) so which bike should i take – hardtail (i am guessing i wont need a full suss) or cross bike?

any route recommendations?

thanks

Solo
    Free Member

G.

Happisburgh aint a great place to start.

It'll be the "quiet lanes" for you initially. The quiet lanes are a network of…..lanes, which are…….very quiet, ie, not really any cars. Walkers use them too, so be ready for dogs.

I know that WMTB issued a trail out of Wells-next-the-Sea. You may be able to track down the GPS file for it, if you're GPS enabled.

Defintately HT for Norfolk.

Solo.

tomh
    Free Member

Hardtail for sure. Lots of nice quiet lanes as Solo said.

If you want some good off road fun, get down to Thetford, lots of singletrack and black and red waymarked routes (www.timbermtb.org for more info) or Tunstall, lots of singletrack but nothing waymarked (www.trogmtb.com for more info)

Tom

CaptJon
    Free Member

Mousehold Heath in Norwich?

Getting to Thetford from Happisburgh is quite a trek.

tomh
    Free Member

Mousehold Heath isnt really anything worth going for, mainly just a few jumps built by kids that keep getting knocked down and rebuilt.

If your going to happisburgh make sure you go up the lighthouse at some point 😀

gusamc
    Free Member

this is ice cream, mellow road, pub, beach, windmills, rivers

Sea Palling, coast S on green dots, West Somerton, Martham, up to water at Martham Ferry, follow water Eish, cross A149, onto N side of water, Wish along fp above Repps Level, S on FP to water, follow water to Womak water, N to Ludham, Catfield, Hickling Heath, , Sea Palling.

Good pub at Sutton Staithes (Hotel at Sutton)

Hire a boat at Wroxham

cheers_drive

Take the CX and tour along the coast or Broads.
    I grew up in Norfolk and my opinion of mountain biking was extremely distorted at the time (think a dirt track up a very low hill).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘week in norfolk – which bike and trail recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.