Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Week day parking in central glasgow ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Need to be in the passport office at 10am and again at 2 on tuesday

Need to be back in aberdeen before 7.

Cant do this on train as i planned.

Where do i stand any chance of getting parked , paying for a space isnt an issue

I guess trying to hit central glasgow at 9am is just stupid….how early do i need to get in to not get stuck in gridlock till dinner time 🙂

Coming from north do i have any viable options for parking and getting train in or am i fighting with all the commuters for that too ?

Cheers

bencooper
    Free Member

Buchanan Galleries probably not too full during a weekday. Or park at Summerston Asda and get the train in.

seosamh77
    Free Member

you’ll be getting off the motorway and virtually hitting the passport office, so I’d just park as soon as you see a space, which I wouldn’t think would be too difficult round there.

gazza100

Cathedral street car park,which is across from the infirmary, is only £1 an hour and is only about a ten minute walk. Its just off the motorway so you’re not sitting in too much traffic. It’s a pay and display so you need to make sure you’re back in time because the wardens are never far away and are ruthless.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cheers guys , i guess i forgot that all my experiance of parking in citys being a nightmare was being a student trying to get near univerisities as cheap/free as possible.

Now im all growed up and dont mind paying to park my car.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Glasgow doesn’t really get gridlocked, can be a bit slow moving but not bad. The M8 is slow but you won’t be sitting there for hours, unless there’s an accident of course. Coming in at 10am will be fine. Pop into dales cycles while you’re there, which is 2 minutes walk from the passport office. Chances of getting a space on the street the passport office is on is slim but as advised plenty of multi storey parking available.

Dales has a small car park btw if you do decide to pop in. But there is usually on street parking available but I think its 20p for 10 minutes.

matt_outandabout

Park at Dunblane station (free all around, especially on our drive….) and then trains are every 20 mins, and take 56 mins on fast tran to Glasgow.

maccruiskeen

Cambridge Street and Concert Square multi stories are both close to the passport office, only cost £1.60 an hour and always have space. They are also perfectly identical buildings… on the same street. So identical that the payment machine for one accepts tickets from the other. I was pretty much resigned to calling the cops and reporting my car stolen after walking back to the wrong one and pacing round every floor.

Fraz
    Free Member

Are you willing to walk? I can name a couple of streets with a 10 min walk from the passport office for free.

Alternatively I can recommend a good car park very close and usually has a few spaces….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Park at dales cycles, they have customer parking, 2 minutes walk from passport office, just make sure you buy something!.

Or alpine bikes, 200 yards up the road has free parking too.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Or alpine bikes, 200 yards up the road has free parking too.

I wouldn’t do that, the tiso centre is seriously strict about parking.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never knew that Gary, I park there pretty much every time I go into the city centre!.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Maybe they’ve eased up but they used to have a guy on the door checking if people parking were coming into the store.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Id rather pay and know i was a coming back to my van and it be there , and hope that some of the security around the paid carpark picked up a photo of anyone who robbed my belongings out of it…..

I think the buchanan street carpark might be my first port of call, i know how to get there.

Ben , am i right in thinking your new shop isnt a million miles away from the centre, might pop in and say hi.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fuxake Terry, I know your a country boy, but just cos it’s Glasgow doesn’t mean your going to get robbed!. 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

Ben , am i right in thinking your new shop isnt a million miles away from the centre, might pop in and say hi.

Yup, now at Queens Cross, much closer to the city centre 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh is that just aberdeen then nobeer….

lad was robbed of his bike mid afternoon while he was riding it up here….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Who ever said it doesnt really get gridlocked

Do you commute into kampala on a daily basis.

Took me over an hour to get off the m80 into buchanan galleries. A distance of about 3 miles says the sat nav. We were backed up from the asda at robroyston.

Glad i left plenty time to get there for my 5 minute appointment ….

peterfile
    Free Member

I drive the M80/M8 every day and can confirm that it does indeed get a bit busy in the morning 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Week day parking in central glasgow ?’ is closed to new replies.