Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Wee things that bug you…
  • matt_outandabout

Seeing a picture on yodagoats blog – how do you not notice this? So many people seem to ride with helmet straps all wonky, over ears, etc etc. OCD maybe, but mine are adjusted right and sit nicely below ears without going over me lugs.

ton

cashew nuts in me teeth now

Rorschach
    Free Member

Poor parking.
    Loudness.
    Girls.
    (these thing usually come together in one package).

firestarter
    Free Member

People talking Scottish in type 😉

Liftman

Och aye the noo 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

Ya ken what I’m talking abooot

matt_outandabout

People talking Scottish in type

I am Engerlish and it is from my Cumbrian upbringing, lad. 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

Oh not just you matt all the skittish lot tend to type as they talk, good job us Yorkies don’t do it, tha nose

druidh
    Free Member

In Ians case I think it’s all about reducing air resistance.

matt_outandabout

Ahhh, so I can ride further and faster if I copy him?

nealglover
    Free Member

Those helmet straps would do my head in.
    I’m one for having them perfectly adjusted, not twisted etc.

Have to be right otherwise I couldn’t wear it 🙂

somafunk

Folk who walk about with their lower jaw hanging open, perhaps it’s just poor breeding or brother/sister love but for gods sake do yourself a favour and staple your bottom lip to your septum.
    Spitting on the pavement.
    When driving you do not need to apply the brakes at every corner, nor do you need to travel at half the legal speed on the roads – if you do feel the need to drive this slow to feel safe then gtf off the road permanently.
    Learn to indicate before changing directions, i cannot read your mind however febrile it may seem to be.
    Do not call me “son” in a patronising fashion.
    If you say you will meet at such n’ such a time then stick to it, or call and say you will be late.
    Do not bring a bike in for servicing that is filthy and hanging wi mud n’ shite, do not take offence or argue when i inform you i’ve charged you 1/2hrs labour or £10 to clean it before i can work on it or even recognise it as a bike.
    Do not queue jump at the petrol station/ ie drive in at the opposite direction to everyone else waiting patiently for their spot.
    Do not barge me out the way otherwise i’ll drop you on your arse, politely say excuse me and i’ll gladly move for you.

Plenty others boiling over my seething mind but i’d better stop now….. 😉

simmy
    Free Member

Motorists who turn the engine off before the wipers reach the bottom of the screen leaving the wipers halfway across the screen.

iainc

Vans, especially those from the likes of Power and Gas Companies who scream green credentials at you , sitting outside houses with engine on while drivers spends 15 mins plus on his ipad/laptop uploading/downloading last/next job. Why not just switch the darned engine off, it’s not difficult…..

fasthaggis

Midges
    Tailgaters
    Mono speeders (40 mph everywhere )
    People that that take ages to overtake, because they somehow imagine it’s a safer way treat a cyclist.
    Pets in handbags
    Kittens in Christmas trees (only funny the first time )

orangeboy
    Free Member

Oh crap covered bikes for service is almost at the top for me
    Only beaten to first place by people that break every time a corner appears or car come the other way

bruneep

People who don’t know the difference between break and brake.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Prisoners who say to me ‘are you listening’ before they say anything else.
    One said that to me today. Had to put him straight & told him that if he started a sentence (no pun intended) with that again, I wouldn’t be listening!

JoeG
    Free Member

The damned new page glitch on this forum! 🙁

Maybe the STW powers that be could fix it as a Christmas gift to all of the forum users. 😀

falkirk-mark

People who continue to accelerate when closing in on a vehicle in front then hit their brakes (you do not need to have you foot on the accelerator or brake you can take it off the accelerator without putting it on the brake)

Holyzeus
    Free Member

People that put meh threads on the wrong forum..

orangeboy
    Free Member

Opps guess that’s me then.
    Just to help you along I brought some new tyres yesterday there great

tomhoward

People who say they have brought things when, in fact, they have bought them.

swingbing
    Free Member

Most of our woes really are motoring based it seems.

People who treat mini roundabouts as though they were T junctions, my car is cheap and I will risk collision to make my point.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Bad spelling
    Jeremy Clarkson and the other two helmets with their ‘We’re so wacky’ attitude
    Sharon Osbourne in general
    Inconsiderate drivers in general.
    Folk who think they know everything about everything and refuse to hear anyone elses point of view.
    Bad timekeeping, especially if its every week. 👿

coatesy
    Free Member

Speccing components on new bikes without actually checking how well they fit e.g. front mech that fouls on bottle cage bosses, cable clamp bolt that points at the tyre so it’s awkward to tighten(or even better, buried behing the swingarm, and requiring special spanner and 3yr olds fingers), caliper brakes with no flats on the mount for centralizing on rim, rear U-brakes with grub screw cable fixing pointing at, and almost touching the chain when it could point outwards where you could easily fit the tool into it. I could go on all day, but have to go to work and deal with more of this stuff ad infinitum.

njee20
    Free Member

Misuse of the word literally.

People who brake (whilst driving) all the way down hills without actually slowing down.

Drivers who zoom past you (when cycling) then slam on the brakes for the traffic jam they’ve reached 1/2 second earlier.

The tv volume being on an ‘odd’ volume setting, although multiples of 5 are acceptable.

People who say ‘haitch’ for the letter ‘h’.

People who say ‘sumfink/nufink’ etc.

People calling everyone ‘mate’, once is acceptable, any more isn’t if I don’t know you.

Misuse of their/they’re/there or your/you’re

‘should of/could of’

I’m dead tolerant me.

Edit: Oh yeah, bike forum…

Tyre logos not being lined up (seriously).

People turning bikes upside down to put wheels in.

Frayed cables.

Tatty bar tape.

Saddles at silly angles on anything but jump/DH bikes

Glasses under helmet straps

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

No matter how careful you are when building a bike, the bars still appear to be half a degree from straight ahead when you actually ride it.

Those chain emails and texts that promise you good luck if you forward them on make me want to go on a killing spree.

stevied
    Free Member

Shimano having screwdriver headed screws for mech adjustment when everything else on my bike is allen key..

pinetree
    Free Member

People who write “should of” when should have written “should have” 😉

It’s something I’ve noticed since I moved to England. I can’t recall ever having seen it written back in Scotland.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Wee things that bug you…’ is closed to new replies.