Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wee Review: Kalf Transition Jersey – Gabba Style Thing. Thumbsup!
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Saw a review of the Kalf Transition Jersey a while back (http://road.cc/content/review/225750-kalf-flux-transition-wind-proof-jersey)

Evans have them on sale for £50-ish just now and with it being Autumn/Britain/Summer I figured it’d be a good thing to have. Always wanted a Gabba but didn’t want to pay the £££.

So, review:
    The colour is nice.
    The 5 pockets are well thought out, but the zipped phone one isn’t waterproof.
    You don’t get too hot or too cold in it (unlike my LS DHB Blok one which gets too sweaty this time of year).
    Overall, it feels really well made. it’s quite thin – really just feels like a normal jersey. Even on quite bright sunny days I forgot I was wearing it.

Had a soaking wet commute home today over the Forth bridge – sideways rain.
    Didn’t get chilly, didn’t get wet. Once the rain stopped it dried quickly.

They are quite small – a large one on me, well.. did the zip up but it looked like 3lbs of sausage in a 2lb bag, so had to get an XL. I normally wear medium or large.

Other than the phone pocket not being waterproof and the sizing it’s a great jersey and a good buy at £50

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Down to £38 right now – great deal

mcj78
    Free Member

Been looking at some if the half stuff in the sale – usually by the time I finally get round to hitting the button Evans yo-yo sale pricing pops back up to full price, like it did a week or 2 ago with the thermal tights & l/s jersey… have one of the s/s merino tops and they’re good – currently down to £24, go 1 size up for a snug fit, 2 for baggy

mcj78
    Free Member

Dp – now the forum update thread makes sense 😀

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, I ordered a merino one in an XL.
    Plus two pairs of the matching socks at £3.50 a pair, and there is a 3 for 2 offer on too, so one pair were free.

Yay

akira

Were doing 3 for 2 on all clothes, helmets and shoes currently. If you’re canny you can get some bargains.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wee Review: Kalf Transition Jersey – Gabba Style Thing. Thumbsup!’ is closed to new replies.