Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wee NI bike tour.
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m getting the train to Derry tomorrow to cycle the coast to Belfast for 3 days.

I’ve been before, so have old haunts to visit (used to holiday by Magilligan beach as a child and done the obvious tourist things) but would welcome any ideas/hidden treasures.

Had a crappy time recently with break up, PITA lodger and job rejections, so hoping it will be a good break.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I hope you have a good time!
    I want to take my Singular over next time I go to the in-laws in Castlewellan, want to try out the Chain Reaction Cycles trails in the Forest Park on something other the my father-in-laws hybrid.

Saccades
    Free Member

Will follow with interest – planning to cycle malin/mizen next year.

jimjam
    Free Member

Hi Al, when you’re in Derry you could take a scoot over the border and visit Grianan Aileach, then head back over Scalp mountain, down through Muff and down along the Foyle back into town. Nice views.

You could go up Banagher Glen, or Benbradagh (site of a WW2 airbase) and you’ll definitely want to head up Binevenagh and check out the very controversial Manannán Mac Lir :roll:.

dhrider
    Free Member

This wee map may help you : http://ccralive.com/2010/11/portbraddenkinbane-castledunserverick-castle/

I’d recommend Portbraddan / Whitepark Bay, My great uncles house is there and has the smallest church in Ireland.

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/images/photos/coantrim/portbradden/portbradden03.htm

househusband

Enjoy and hope the trip helps to put the recent past behind you.

tmb467
    Free Member

I expect to see trials riding on a road bike on Giants Causeway; a moody solo shot of a bike wheelying across Carrickarede rope bridge and a hungover tale of Bushmills Distillery

And all written up for the 100th edition

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wee NI bike tour.’ is closed to new replies.