Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Wednesday night's alright for riding… Glentress anyone?
  • Northwind

Just looking at the weather forecast and it looks like tomorrow is the One Good Day. Anyone fancy a wee evening jaunt around that glentress red? Thinking around 6pm, 6.30 maybe to start so could just about get round without lights but it’ll be a good idea to carry them, I should have space for one from the west side of the city…

I’d say Pentlands but I assume they’re a bit damp.

debaser

I’m definitely up for this, not been down to glentress in a while.

Will likely have room for two if anyone needs a lift, but can’t be 100 percent sure where I’ll be heading down from just yet.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Definitely up for this but leaving from Livingston @5 it is pretty tight to get out for 6.30. Should be able to do this as long as I get my bike set up tonight.

If 6 is looking better stick with that as everything has to go perfect (including leaving work on time which is rare!) for me to get there on time.

Will try and be there!

13thfloormonk

Yep, would be keen, I need to try and break my evening ride duck, would require a lift from someone though please!

Northwind

Let’s call it meet at 6.30 in the Peel car park then (if anyone’s running a little late you can call me on 07796 896173…)

If anyone can’t make 6.30 we could probably meet you up at the buzzard’s nest, as it’ll take us a while to wheeze our way up 😉

bigjim

I might be up for this if I can get out of work early.

ojom
    Free Member

Canny get out of shop til 6pm so would be 7 before i could dream of getting there after stopping off for a Big Mac meal at Straiton innit

debaser

Lift is no bother Ian, will fire you an email in a bit to sort out time/place.

13thfloormonk

Cheers debaser, I’ll be sure to contribute more than just apple rings this time!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Bugger, I’m out already. Hoping a last minute sports massage booking will ease back pain from weekend on summer road bike 😡

Have really been missing the Wednesday night rides too – always next week I suppose!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Think I’ll pop down too, make the most of the sun and dusty trails.

Northwind

At this rate it’ll be midnight!

Anyone else for 7pm? TBC, could you make top car park for 7pm?

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

wrong post oops

ojom
    Free Member

Might do but i think i will tale the crosser with me and just do some climbs over n over for some sketchy fun.

Will chat to jimmy as he is after a ride n aw so we will see what we can do.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

Can’t make this week but keen to get out mid-week regularly

Cheers

Grant

chriswilk
    Free Member

I may be down there anyway, but won’t be hanging around as I’ll be (sort of) training for the glentress7.
    If you see a newly polished Zaskar give me a shout.

Northwind

OK so, just to avoid any confusion, it’s still 18.30 at the Peel car park. I shall be resplendant in a scabby dark red focus estate and a black carbon 456. If anyone’s not going to make 18.30, give me a bell- by the time we’ve fannied around in the car park etc it’ll be at least 7pm by the time we reach the buzzard’s nest so easy to meet you there.

13thfloormonk

Will be there with Debaser.

After a couple of years of being the smug bastard on a lightweight fast hardtail, I shall now be choring away at the back on a Specialized Pitch with flat pedals. This does not, however, mean I’ll be any better at jumping! 😳

DougD

Looks like I’ll be able to get an early finish at work so am keen to head out, any chance I could grab a lift from someone? Am happy to bribe with beer tokens, jelly babies and / or cake. Live in marchmont but can meet elsewhere if more convenient.

Doug

debaser

Hey Doug, if you can make it along to the east end of the meadows for about five then I give you a lift.

Have emailed you details.

robgarrioch

Oh, for the sweet freedom of the child-free and sympathetically partenered, etc. etc. 🙄
    Hope to make 1 clan gathering before the darkness returns.

Pitch

jumping

Falla Brae blue return must be the last course of the evenings laugh-feast.

(p.s. when’re you away again 13th? – hope to catch up somehow before it)

13thfloormonk

Rob, end of June, I was going to post up re: a Pentlands au revoir ride nearer the time, can you do evening rides with suitable fore-warning?

bigjim

with you and rob out of the scene, who is going to step in and take the lead when it comes to ridiculous climb challenges?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Gonna head down a little earlier but will catch everyone at the Peel.

bigjim

ach I didn’t get home from work til 6.15, couldn’t have made it. hope it was a good ride!

robgarrioch

suitable fore-warning

Should be ok with that mate, even the odd weekend daytime ride might be considered! (with bail-option for the terminally low-stamina wheezy boys at the back – i.e. me 🙂 )

ojom
    Free Member

Jimjam n me went local. Popped in to druidhs to say hi as well.

Northwind

Good ride, cheers folks! Lights are for homos. (or people who we’ve abandoned, them too)

debaser

Great ride guys, sorry to lose you at the end, despite being totally exausted I got carried away with laps of berm baby berm and missed you passing completely.

Lights rule, although they do startle the deer wandering across the trail a little.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Great ride cheers, night riding without lights is fun!

13thfloormonk

Phew, that was a lesson in being chased down and passed by guys on 29er hardtails! At least I showed everyone whats what in the wobbly log contest… 8)

Scoffed half a frittata and most of a loaf of bread when I got home, bliss!

bigjim

what route did you do?

debaser

Dougie Bank – Zoom or Bust – Pennel’s Vennel – Spooky Wood – Pie Run – Mushroom Pie – Magic Mushroom – Sair Fect – Steep Track of Pain and Weeping (somebody had a better name for it, but that’s how I remember it) up to Buzzards – Berm Baby Berm Baby Berm Baby Berm – ‘leccy Blue – Good Game – tail end of Falla Brae

The others added in Blue Velvet and generally wept less on the climbs. Not sure if they rode Falla Brae or Good Game on the way back down.

13thfloormonk even had time to do some impromptu trail building/test riding with rocks/logs he found lying around… think the ‘shore might have affected him a little.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Wednesday night's alright for riding… Glentress anyone?’ is closed to new replies.